Xbox event and store fail to update

Discus and support Xbox event and store fail to update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is a known issue, fix it! I've seen the "fix" and it involves many steps, ending with apparently the only fix being a factory reset...I've had to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bcjammerx, Jun 11, 2021.

1. bcjammerx
    bcjammerx Guest

This is a known issue, fix it! I've seen the "fix" and it involves many steps, ending with apparently the only fix being a factory reset...I've had to do this three times before because of other updates!!

I'm not resetting my GD xbox, I had to do that THREE TIMES already because of [mod removed]! I'm sick of that! Hundreds of gigs of games redownloaded takes FOREVER!!!

I'll just have to keep canceling the update until they decide to fix it, which appears to be never...[mod removed] they are. [mod removed] their unnecessary update anyway...I'll just make a new thread on this each GD'd time it fails...I don't use events and the store work fine without this bs update. I am NOT resetting and redownloading hundreds of gigs of games AGAIN AGAIN for two USELESS updates

:)

bcjammerx, Jun 11, 2021
  2. JonathanGilbert2 Win User

I've been having this issue for about a week now and it still won't install did soft and hard resets even reset the Xbox itself keeping my games and apps and it still persists even when they do actually try to install it says I don't have enough space this frustrated asf!!!!!!
  3. JonathanGilbert2 Win User

And I can't install games from the store or gamepass!!!!
  4. Daft Badger Win User

microsoft store fail to update even with space available

It's nothing to do with the current outage.It's an issue at Microsoft/xbox's end that is affecting loads of people.There's a thread about it HERE

Only known possible fix at the moment is to factory reset your console.

You can try that if you want or just wait until they fix the issue.You should still be able to use the store just fine even though the update keeps failing.
  5. DavidBatty Win User

Accessories Application unable to Update. Cannot be used.

Yep the one in the Xbox Store. Downloads to Xbox one hard drive ok, but then tries to update before launching and fails.

Many thanks
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Microsoft store failed update?

Hello there @Altraxia2012, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the installation issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going through
    the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if
    it's installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
Thema:

1. Xbox event and store fail to update - Similar Threads - event store fail

2. Is the Xbox events app safe to use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Xbox events app safe to use?: I’m wondering if the Xbox event app(beta) is safe to use because I opened it on accident and now I’m worried because the app is a beta app and I’m worried that it’s gonna damage my Xbox....
  3. What is Events(BETA)? It recently updated ba few minutes ago

in XboX Insiders
    What is Events(BETA)? It recently updated ba few minutes ago: What is Events(beta)? I remember back in 2019 they had an Xbox Events(BETA) but they scraped it in September...i submitted by /u/yourlocalbirdLOKASJO [link] [comments]
  4. News events & more app problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    News events & more app problem: By accident I removed News events & more from my xbox one It says " This content has gone away :( " How can I get this back ??? or can I like is it possible to be able to get this back ?...
  5. How can someone else be playing the Seasonal Events in my FH4 game and collecting prize...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can someone else be playing the Seasonal Events in my FH4 game and collecting prize...: Someone is definately playing my FH4 game and collecting prize cars by completing the Seasonal Events especially so i cannot achieve them myself. I have changed accounts, passwords, disconnected...
  6. GameBar not launching, gives error in event viewer.

in XBoX on Windows
    GameBar not launching, gives error in event viewer.: I've been trying and following all sorts of directions to get the game bar to launch, but it refuses. I get the following error in the event viewer: The server...
  7. Events (Beta) and Microsoft Store not updating on my Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Events (Beta) and Microsoft Store not updating on my Xbox One S: Hi, my name is Zach, or Cadence as is on my account. I've been having trouble lately with two apps updating on my Xbox One S. I've even cleared some space for installation and they stall out at...
  8. Events (Beta) and Microsoft Store won't update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Events (Beta) and Microsoft Store won't update: I want to know how to fix the "Events and Microsoft Store Update Bug" and see if anyone else has been having this problem. I can't access the Microsoft Store or the Events because the update...
  9. my xbox series x won't install the update for store experience host or Events (Beta)

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox series x won't install the update for store experience host or Events (Beta): is there a fix for this? the Events (Beta) wouldn't download the update on my old xbox one ether submitted by /u/Jiji321456 [link] [comments]
  10. Won a gears of war 4 microsoft store event and never received the game in mail.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Won a gears of war 4 microsoft store event and never received the game in mail.: Someone please contact me about this. 7230864c-29f3-4cf6-8914-1ea33eafe1ce