Xbox external drive

Discus and support Xbox external drive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been wanting to buy an external hard drive for my Xbox one, because I want to save my game clips on it. I've been looking at the "Seagate Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alex_O124, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Alex_O124
    Alex_O124 Guest

Xbox external drive

I've been wanting to buy an external hard drive for my Xbox one, because I want to save my game clips on it. I've been looking at the "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox," but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my MacBook Pro. I know that the Xbox formats the
    drive to NTFS, but I was hoping there was a way to use it with my Mac to transfer clips from the Xbox onto my Mac. Is it possible?

:)

Alex_O124, Jul 12, 2019
  2. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One Digital Download Transfer

1. Plug external hard drive into Xbox One with good connection.

2. Download games.

3. Unplug external drive.

4. Take external drive to Xbox One with bad connection.

5. Plug external drive in.

6. Play games.

7. Say thank you.

Note: External drive needs to be USB 3.0 and have 256GB of free space.
  3. Leemur60 Win User

Xbox installed games invisible/not showing up?!

Do you know if the missing games are on internal or external storage? It sounds like the Xbox is not seeing the external drive. Try unplugging your external storage and doing a full shutdown of the Xbox. While it is off, plug in the external drive and then
    turn the Xbox back on. Go to Settings > System > Storage and see if the drive is there. From there you can also view the content of both internal and external drives.

Hope this helps
  4. rocky619619 Win User

Xbox one wont recognize external hard dirve

Seems to me that it is a problem with either the drive itself or the cable connecting the drive to the console.

If you have another external drive handy, try using the cable from your xbox external drive and see if it can connect to a computer or laptop. If it can, then its more than likely a problem with your external drive.

Alternatively, you could test your external drive on another xbox one console.
  5. Tosheroon-DA2C00BF-3 Win User

kinect is off when booting xbox one

Do you have an external drive connected to the xbox at boot? My Kinect remains off if I boot the Xbox with my WD external drive plugged in. If I boot the Xbox without the external drive and reconnect it after start up, the Kinect works as normal.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Running out of HDD Space - Coming to an Xbox One, Near You Soon?

Thema:

Xbox external drive

1. Xbox external drive - Similar Threads - external drive

2. External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1: Hi Everyone Please can someone Help . i have an External Hard Drive for my X Box . its a Seagate 4 TB unit , ive had it well over a Year and it has at least one Game on it but i carnt seem to...
  3. Internal vs External hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internal vs External hard drives: Is it better/safer to put my big downloaded games (without a disk) on my external hard drive or my internal hard drive on my xbox? 24e509c1-bf30-40ed-860b-4fffbf38c9be
  4. External Hard Drive Formatting Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Formatting Time: So, I just want to know how long it should take to format an external hard drive for games and apps. I have a 2tb hard drive, it has been nearly 2 days and it has still not finished formatting....
  5. Xbox One external drive issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One external drive issue.: Hello. As posted before my external drive inside my xpack enclosure can no longer update games. Games on the drive already thay do not need updated continue to work. Apps will update and can be...
  6. Xbox One X 4k to External drive records 1080P instead

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X 4k to External drive records 1080P instead: Greetings all, hopefully someone can help me figure out whats going on. I am attempting to get game capture from the built in recording options to 4k. I am using the external hard drive route...
  7. Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue: So i bought a 500 GB xbox one external hard drive and unboxed it and when i unboxed it, i turned on my xbox one and pluged it in. Everything was fine until i tryed to press the format button on my...
  8. how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive?: how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive? 768c360d-3ef0-4570-9502-c14b4f73d1d5
  9. Storage management copying on external Hard drives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Storage management copying on external Hard drives?: My question is I own two Xbox one X since i just bought the new cyberpunk edition and was going to split the externals since i have two plug in to xbox one x and was wondering since if theres a...
  10. External hard drive reading as media only on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive reading as media only on Xbox One X: I have a brand new from the box 2TB WD Black P50 Game Drive and when i first plugged it in with the USB 3.2 cable it said it was media only. I've since then tried formatting in NTFS, exFAT, FAT32...