Xbox external drive

Discus and support Xbox external drive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been wanting to buy an external hard drive for my Xbox one, because I want to save my game clips on it. I've been looking at the "Seagate Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alex_O124, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Alex_O124
    Alex_O124 Guest

Xbox external drive

I've been wanting to buy an external hard drive for my Xbox one, because I want to save my game clips on it. I've been looking at the "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox," but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my MacBook Pro. I know that the Xbox formats the
    drive to NTFS, but I was hoping there was a way to use it with my Mac to transfer clips from the Xbox onto my Mac. Is it possible?

:)

Alex_O124, Jul 12, 2019
  2. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One Digital Download Transfer

1. Plug external hard drive into Xbox One with good connection.

2. Download games.

3. Unplug external drive.

4. Take external drive to Xbox One with bad connection.

5. Plug external drive in.

6. Play games.

7. Say thank you.

Note: External drive needs to be USB 3.0 and have 256GB of free space.
  3. rocky619619 Win User

Xbox one wont recognize external hard dirve

Seems to me that it is a problem with either the drive itself or the cable connecting the drive to the console.

If you have another external drive handy, try using the cable from your xbox external drive and see if it can connect to a computer or laptop. If it can, then its more than likely a problem with your external drive.

Alternatively, you could test your external drive on another xbox one console.
  4. Tosheroon-DA2C00BF-3 Win User

kinect is off when booting xbox one

Do you have an external drive connected to the xbox at boot? My Kinect remains off if I boot the Xbox with my WD external drive plugged in. If I boot the Xbox without the external drive and reconnect it after start up, the Kinect works as normal.
  5. Lofty Who Win User

Running out of HDD Space - Coming to an Xbox One, Near You Soon?

6. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

hard drive

As an idea for xbox one hard drives because they are internal and not external try plugging in an external drive to save or transfer all important games to external hard drive and leave not so important games onto internal drive
    that way you can take them anywhere and not have hard drive failures with xbox one.
Thema:

Xbox external drive

1. Xbox external drive - Similar Threads - external drive

2. External drive not found

in XBoX on Consoles
    External drive not found: I connected my Samsung T3 500gb SSD via usb to play some windows media compatible codecs music. In system back up my settings/Storage device. I keep getting this message External drive not found....
  3. External hard drive not reading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not reading games: I've used the same 1tb external drive on my xbox for awhile now but as I was playing cod black ops it crashed and restarted. it wasn't recognizing the drive so I unplugged and plugged it back in,...
  4. External hard drive xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive xbox one: I recently bought an xbox one, I already have an xbox 360, this has an externam hard drive, my question is how can I use the external hard drive of my xbox 360 in my xbox one? I tried to connect...
  5. External hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drives: I'm running out of space on my 2tb hard drive so I'm thinking about getting a 4tb drive. I don't have a computer that i can use to transfer my games from one drive to another so I'm wondering...
  6. external drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    external drive failure: My son's external drive has broken and all his games are saved on it ! I have taken it to be repaired and they have said it cant be repaired and they cant retrieve the data ! Is there any way to...
  7. How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...: I want to delete the games on my "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD" This External Hard Drive is currently on a Original Xbox One console and I want to clear the...
  8. External drive transfer to a new Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External drive transfer to a new Xbox.: I'm going to be upgrading my Xbox One and have an external drive. Will I need to format it and redownload my games or will it plug and play with no problem? 1fe8613f-50e9-460a-b770-6d81b3f1f0f2
  9. External hard drive is recognized but won't play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is recognized but won't play games: Hi so I have two external hard drives and my first one works great but my second one which is a western digital easy store 4 tb Is recognized but won't play games. It says the game needs to finish...
  10. Add option for external drive filter in manage games

in XboX Insiders
    Add option for external drive filter in manage games: If you have more than one external drive as I do, and have one for main storage and one set up for games that are played frequently as well, then the default storage is always the main drive. I...