Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

Discus and support Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was copying a game from an Xbox but had to unplug the hard drive midway to take it somewhere. Without canceling the copy process, I attempted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cipher Xlll, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Cipher Xlll
    Cipher Xlll Guest

I was copying a game from an Xbox but had to unplug the hard drive midway to take it somewhere.
    Without canceling the copy process, I attempted to download the game onto the hard drive, but from a
    different Xbox. I don't recall what happened, but I believe it had said the game was already downloaded. I understood that it was referring to the unfinished copy. However, it hadn't appeared in my game library.
    When I would put the [game's] disk in, it would launch a completely different game I had already downloaded. I looked at this game's downloads (the game it would start up / the wrong game), where you'd look for DLC's, and it showed two of the
    game, but with one of them taking up a ~60GB, matching the game I was trying to download and had earlier attempted to copy. I deleted it and attempted to download from the disk again. It would show it starting to download,
    and within seconds say it's already downloaded on the hard drive. The game would appear in the game library, but it wouldn't start. It'd give me an error message to delete it. I'd delete it, but it'd either repeat what I've underlined^ or just appear
    back in my Library the next day, still unplayable.

:)

Cipher Xlll, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?: I think mine is dying (it was working perfectly fine all day until a few hours ago) and the Xbox is barely working because of it. It stopped recognizing it but now it recognized it for a bit and...
  3. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59
  4. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: Today's update killed my external hard drive and now the console won't even read it. [Mod Removed - Profanity] do i do 7512d84d-ea13-492a-8fc7-82d674975b44
  5. External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One: I can not get my Xbox One to recognize an external hard drive even after doing a low level format with NTFS! The Xbox keeps throwing the error that the drive is NOT formatted! I formatted the...
  6. External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc: I have an 1tb external hard drive for my xbox one. I was wondering if I can use that on my gaming desktop pc. I need more room on my desktop and don't need the external drive for the xbox one...
  7. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive the games are listed, when i go to play the...
  8. Some games won't install on external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't install on external hard drive.: Hey there, Recently, I've been having some trouble installing some games on my external hard drive. It's a Seagate 8TB and it's being strictly used on my Xbox One X. The issue first occurred when...
  9. External hard drive missing after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive missing after update: August update 8/30/19. Today xbox one x updated and my external hard drive is not recognize anymore? I have un plugged trying other ports, multiple restarts of the hard drive and xbox, this sucks...
  10. Xbox One/External Hard Drive Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One/External Hard Drive Error: i have been having an issue with my Xbox one/External hard drive it begins with me not being able to load up any games (on both the internal and external hard drive) as it says they are taking too...