xbox family account - cross platform restrictions

Discus and support xbox family account - cross platform restrictions in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi There, I have family Microsoft account and my son is on our account as a child. For some reason when he logs into the xbox to play on fortnite with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GarethSmart, Aug 15, 2019.

1. GarethSmart
    GarethSmart Guest

Hi There, I have family Microsoft account and my son is on our account as a child. For some reason when he logs into the xbox to play on fortnite with his mates he gets a box appear on the screen cross platform restriction which then doesn't allow him to
    play with his mates. I am assuming it is a restriction I have put on but I cannot seem to find out how to solve the problem can anyone help, in any responses please be as specific as possible as I am no guru at this sort of thing

Thanks in advance

:)

GarethSmart, Aug 15, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

3. Nixelplex Win User

Fortnite Cross Platform Play on Child Account

I've had the same issue with my child's Xbox account. The issue is The child account has restrictions on allowing cross-platform on the Xbox. I haven't heard of a time frame on when or if this will change.
  4. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Epic Friends - Cross Platform

Cross platform will work on the platform not the account.

On a Windows system you need to make sure all accounts are added to the PC and added into the FAMILY on the PC.

On the Xbox, the account that has purchased the game will need to be signed in OR have the account that purchased the game set as HOME.
  5. NeRD sqUArd Win User

Fortnite cross platform

This is not the case every time there is a message saying that cross platform needs to be enabled. And the option is not available on the child account

Some titles require an account be an adult account to use certain modes. This is by design and the account would have to wait to be an adult account to use this feature.
    If that's the case, it seems a little silly. Let's let them play the game but let's restrict it so they can't cross platform play. Which is no different then actually playing the game. Is there a way to confirm if that's the case as there is no such specific
    error say that's its been restricted
  6. chemicalsora Win User

Multi-platform lobbies?

No, there won't be cross-platform lobbies, even within the same family.
Thema:

1. xbox family account - cross platform restrictions - Similar Threads - family account cross

2. i was just trying to make a new microsoft account but then it put my "child" to the family...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i was just trying to make a new microsoft account but then it put my "child" to the family...: I HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS TO ME.... 3c0aada4-edf0-4c4e-a03c-b5f750884b6c
  3. Family account issues

in XboX Insiders
    Family account issues: I try and play with my daughter ( physical xbox one x ) with me on xcloud, and while she is on her profile says she does not have xbox live and needs to join. She is unable to open any game pass...
  4. Only adult account in family no more available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Only adult account in family no more available: <p>When I was about 12 and was first allowed to have an account on our Xbox, my father turned all games for 16+ off for my account, which is absolutely appropriate, I think. But half a year ago I...
  5. Remove option to leave family group from child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove option to leave family group from child account: All the options published by Microsoft are entirely useless. We have changed my son's account to be a child. He can still leave the family group. We have edited his age. He can still leave the...
  6. Xbox One Family Account Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Update not available for 1 logins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Family Account Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Update not available for 1 logins: Shadowkeep DLC is only working with one account (Primary). I have two xboxes and the one that is tagged as my home xbox will not play Shadowkeep story with other users logged in....
  7. Two consoles one house, family account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two consoles one house, family account.: I have my son as a family member (child) on my Microsoft account; we currently have one Xbox and we switch accounts as needed. However we'd like to play online together - he'd enjoy whipping me...
  8. Microsoft family share across 2 accounts.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family share across 2 accounts.: Hey guys. Me and my brother have 2 Xboxes but i was wondering if i add him to my xbox family account can we share game libraries with each other or would that not work as he won't be on my "home"...
  9. Games not working for family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not working for family account: So I preorderd Destiny 2 shadow keep and I've been able to play it on my account, but my son who is the real person I got the game for isn't able to play it. It tells him he needs to buy it to...
  10. Xbox One Family Account Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Update not available for 1 of our logins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Family Account Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Update not available for 1 of our logins: I'm not entirely sure how to put this. We have 3 Gamertags in our family for our Xbox One. 2 Adults and 1 child. Adult 1, purchased Destiny 2, and then when Shadowkeep came out, Adult 2 purchased...