Xbox family accounts

Discus and support Xbox family accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear community, I have one Xbox One S with 3 accounts (family): my account as a parent account and two kids accounts. I also have an Xbox Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jakša Skelin, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Xbox family accounts

Dear community,

I have one Xbox One S with 3 accounts (family): my account as a parent account and two kids accounts. I also have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. As far as I understood, my kids can also participate from the Game Pass. This feature works only when I log into
    my account and then switch over to the kids accounts. When the Xbox is rebooted and the kids log directly into their accounts, they cannot start the Game Pass games as long as I do not login into my account. Is this behaviour correct?

Since the Xbox becomes a primary gaming device for my kids, we had lot of discussions about sharing, so we plan to buy two new Xboxes (All-Digital) for the kids. My question here is: has Microsoft any Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold offers for families (like
    Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership or Apple Music Family)? I can buy two Minecraft copies for my kids, no problem. But do the kids need Xbox Live Gold to play online games (especially Minecraft)?

Thanks in advance and best regards

:)

Jakša Skelin, Aug 1, 2019
  2. RoboticTester Win User

Gold Family pack only allowing 3 accounts

• What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?
    The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).

Go to Settings, and then select Family.

The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  3. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Change the primary account.

Unfortunately not, it appears the primary/lead account is always the one used to purchase the membership.
    What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).
    2. Go to Settings and then select Family.
    The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account settings

Two ways to tell if he is in a family as a child account already.

Sign into his account at account.microsoft.com/family if there is no other family members then he is an adult in his own family.

Sign into his account on the xbox console go into settings and under the account tab go to family settings and go down to manage family members and it will tell you if there are any family members in the family there.
  5. Bisexual Female Win User

Xbox Live not working on HOME Console

He would have to set you as a family member in order for you to have xbox live.

Settings-account-family-manage family-then add your account to his family
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Two gamertags (two kids) on one Microsoft Account?

Hi April,

Thanks for reaching out to us in forums with this issue. When it comes to accounts for Xbox/Microsoft, there is no way to merge two accounts into a single account. If you would like to be able to monitor both accounts, you can use Family settings to designate
    them as part of your Family by listing them as child accounts with your own account as the parent one. Here are some handy support articles that can guide you and provide you with information on how to set up a Microsoft family account:

I hope that this information helps you out!
Thema:

Xbox family accounts

1. Xbox family accounts - Similar Threads - family accounts

2. xbox family account - cross platform restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox family account - cross platform restrictions: Hi There, I have family Microsoft account and my son is on our account as a child. For some reason when he logs into the xbox to play on fortnite with his mates he gets a box appear on the screen...
  3. Can't see Minecraft packs in other family accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't see Minecraft packs in other family accounts: I have purchased a few texture packs for my kids. Having purchased games and everything else through my account, our primary Microsoft Family account, it has allowed me to share games and all...
  4. How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family): My kids cannot access all the games in our shared inventory. We have three xbox ones, and are paying for five accounts. I have everyone in the family and I am the main account. I have console “a”...
  5. XBOX AİLE HESABLARI [Translation- XBOX FAMILY ACCOUNTS]

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX AİLE HESABLARI [Translation- XBOX FAMILY ACCOUNTS]: Arkadaşımla birbirmizi aile bölümlerine ekledik daha önce birbirimizi giriş xboxım yapıp oyunlarımızı paylaştık. Ama bugun ben kendi konsolumu sıfırladım ve aile düzenine girip arkadasımı giriş...
  6. Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts: I have a gold account and my son has been playing using my account for the past few years. I set him up with his own account, under Family, but he insists on using my profile. We now have 2 xbox...
  7. Family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family account: Guys, I did what you told me to register a new person (child) in the xbox family. I created another email and everything went well until the following happened: When I created the new account,...
  8. How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions: We had successfully installed and setup our child's Xbox1 account on our Family account. Once the child had used up his online screen time, he simply removed himself from our Family using his...
  9. Family account question need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account question need help: i made my son a family account profile under my gold subscription on my xbox X a few years ago. I just recently purchased him a new xbox one S. Now i have a few questions: -to have all his saved...
  10. Windows 10 Game Bar Doesn't work with Family Premium Account

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Game Bar Doesn't work with Family Premium Account: Hi, I'm in Skip Ahead. Please see this post below. This is happening to me, too....