Xbox family accounts

Discus and support Xbox family accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear community, I have one Xbox One S with 3 accounts (family): my account as a parent account and two kids accounts. I also have an Xbox Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jakša Skelin, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Xbox family accounts

Dear community,

I have one Xbox One S with 3 accounts (family): my account as a parent account and two kids accounts. I also have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. As far as I understood, my kids can also participate from the Game Pass. This feature works only when I log into
    my account and then switch over to the kids accounts. When the Xbox is rebooted and the kids log directly into their accounts, they cannot start the Game Pass games as long as I do not login into my account. Is this behaviour correct?

Since the Xbox becomes a primary gaming device for my kids, we had lot of discussions about sharing, so we plan to buy two new Xboxes (All-Digital) for the kids. My question here is: has Microsoft any Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold offers for families (like
    Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership or Apple Music Family)? I can buy two Minecraft copies for my kids, no problem. But do the kids need Xbox Live Gold to play online games (especially Minecraft)?

Thanks in advance and best regards

:)

Jakša Skelin, Aug 1, 2019
  2. RoboticTester Win User

Gold Family pack only allowing 3 accounts

• What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?
    The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).

Go to Settings, and then select Family.

The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account settings

Two ways to tell if he is in a family as a child account already.

Sign into his account at account.microsoft.com/family if there is no other family members then he is an adult in his own family.

Sign into his account on the xbox console go into settings and under the account tab go to family settings and go down to manage family members and it will tell you if there are any family members in the family there.
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Change the primary account.

Unfortunately not, it appears the primary/lead account is always the one used to purchase the membership.
    What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).
    2. Go to Settings and then select Family.
    The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  5. Bisexual Female Win User

Xbox Live not working on HOME Console

He would have to set you as a family member in order for you to have xbox live.

Settings-account-family-manage family-then add your account to his family
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Two gamertags (two kids) on one Microsoft Account?

Hi April,

Thanks for reaching out to us in forums with this issue. When it comes to accounts for Xbox/Microsoft, there is no way to merge two accounts into a single account. If you would like to be able to monitor both accounts, you can use Family settings to designate
    them as part of your Family by listing them as child accounts with your own account as the parent one. Here are some handy support articles that can guide you and provide you with information on how to set up a Microsoft family account:

I hope that this information helps you out!
Thema:

Xbox family accounts

1. Xbox family accounts - Similar Threads - family accounts

2. Transfer money from one family member to another MS account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer money from one family member to another MS account: My son accidently set up a new MS account in our family domain. The account is not active but when asked to provide him funds I accidenlty put the funds in this dead account instead of his active...
  3. Transferring game progress, xbox ID to another family member in my microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring game progress, xbox ID to another family member in my microsoft account: Hi, I purchased an xbox a few years ago for my children. I set the xbox up and used my microsoft account to do so. We purchased xbox live, downloaded games, etc. I then discovered that I could set...
  4. Family account issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family account issues: Hi, I have an xbox one and an xbox one s. i have xbox live and the deluxe game pass. i have also created accounts for my 2 boys. the issue is, even though we own games, when i am playing on one...
  5. compte family sur 2 consoles [Mod Translation - family account on 2 consoles]

in XBoX on Consoles
    compte family sur 2 consoles [Mod Translation - family account on 2 consoles]: Bonjour, Je viens d'acheter une 2ème console, nous sommes donc Equipé de 2 Xbox (one et X), je souhaiterai que les membres de la famille Microsoft puissent jouer tous les jeux comme précédemment...
  6. Can you change an account to an adult account when you don't have a family group?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change an account to an adult account when you don't have a family group?: Hi, I've been having some trouble with the whole parent account thing that I didn't even know that I made. I am the owner of this account and I have no idea what parent account this profile is...
  7. How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?: I need to change my son’s name and email address. When I go to Your Family -> Manage my child’s profile info -> select child, I am not able to update the name or email address. Where can this be...
  8. Minecraft for Child Account on Microsoft Family

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Child Account on Microsoft Family: How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my...
  9. Can't login to Xbox account settings due to non-existent family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't login to Xbox account settings due to non-existent family: I have been trying to login to change some settings in my Xbox account, but whenever I try to do so, I get this error page. The problem is, I am not part of any family. I cannot figure out why...
  10. Made my daughter a family account on PS4 Minecraft now she is assigned a name already and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Made my daughter a family account on PS4 Minecraft now she is assigned a name already and...: I have her set up under me i set up the account after set up it says her minecraft name is “ summer toast####” where the heck did this even come from? Never even let me try to make a name. also...