Xbox family child turns 18 leaves family

Discus and support Xbox family child turns 18 leaves family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need to setup family for my two children on Xbox series one and series x My question when they turn 13 or 18 and leave the family 1. Do they keep... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by tim531, Jan 15, 2022.

1. tim531
    tim531 Guest

I need to setup family for my two children on Xbox series one and series x

My question when they turn 13 or 18 and leave the family

1. Do they keep all their Microsoft accounts assigned to them not me

2. Do they keep or lose their gamertag which would mean they will lose all their saved games history etc

If I follow this correctly I setup an adult account and they would create a child Microsoft account that I would add. It seems like that child account would follow them including the Xbox child account converting it to an adult account which would keep all their Microsoft account email Xbox created with the child account

Is that correct?

I don’t want them tied to my Microsoft account and lose everything they created under the child account

This seems to be a big issue with gamer tags and lost or non transferable data

:)

tim531, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

"If I follow this correctly I setup an adult account and they would create a child Microsoft account that I would add. It seems like that child account would follow them including the Xbox child account converting it to an adult account which would keep all their Microsoft account email Xbox created with the child account"

Yes that is correct. That's the best way to do it. Once they become 18, the accounts can leave the family and have all their saves and progress intact.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Can't download RP games?

ok are you in a family plan?

then no the only way to download a m rated beta is to leave the plan

if you aren't under a family plan but an child account you must wait till yiou turn 18
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Change of child account to adult account

If the date of birth on the child account when it was originally set up has reached the age of 18 then you would have to sign in with the parental account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove the child from the family. and that would put the child
    into its own family as an adult. if you remove the child from the current family and its date of birth when the account was originally setup has not reached 18 it will not allow the account to be signed in until it is put into a new family as a child.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

remove parent account and remove child feature.

When you say you're 18, make sure that you entered the correct birthdate when you created your Xbox account.

Only if you're 18 according to that account's birthdate will you be able to leave the family as an adult.

To do this, sign into your account on
    https://account.live.com/family
    to check if you can leave the family.

Or go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and see if you can change your online and privacy settings.

If you still get the message about adding a child account to a family account, then your account is not yet 18 according to the birthdate.

Also keep in mind, that in some countries the legal adult age is 20, not 18.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox family child turns 18 leaves family - Similar Threads - family child turns

2. Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work: I want to allow my son to play EA games online on his XBox. EA don’t appear to allow this because his Xbox profile shows he is underage. It doesn’t appear I can do this in the XBox and have to do...
  3. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: Hi i am currently 13 and me and my dad cannot find the family organizer account for my child account we cannot find the email nor password is there any other way to find out the email of the...
  4. How to reset child password in Microsoft Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset child password in Microsoft Family: We don't have the password for one of the child accounts in Microsoft Family. I've tried the password reset page and have filled in all of the information we have, including many possibilities for...
  5. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  6. Family Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Child Account: I just recently bought me a new xbox series s and I am looking to pass on my Xbox One X to my soon to be 6 year old son. the Issue I am having is how do I set up his account to be able to play my...
  7. Changing child password in family account

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing child password in family account: I have been trying to change my childs password I didn't provide enough information because I didnt remember and it's connected to my account. It took me hours to come here because I have been...
  8. Xbox one X not showing as a connected device for child account in family app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X not showing as a connected device for child account in family app: I recently upgraded to an Xbox series X, made my old Xbox One X my home Xbox for my kids to use. And moved my old Xbox one S (which used to my my home Xbox) to my daughters room. I use the Xbox...
  9. Setting up family account with child email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up family account with child email?: Hi all, I want to allow my 7 year old son limited access to our XBox One X so that he can play Minecraft. It's not obvious using the XBox itself but I found an article on how to set up a family...
  10. Adding child to family xbox settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding child to family xbox settings: Hi All, I try to let my kid play minecraft on a PC. Therefore I created a Microsoft account and added this one to the family. So far everything worked out. When I try to add the XBox online...