Xbox family home xbox not working right

Discus and support Xbox family home xbox not working right in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have 2 xbox's, An xbox one x and an xbox one s. The One X is the home xbox with game pass ultimate and uses my older brothers account. My issue is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BBBBBarlos, Feb 22, 2021.

1. BBBBBarlos
    BBBBBarlos Guest

We have 2 xbox's, An xbox one x and an xbox one s. The One X is the home xbox with game pass ultimate and uses my older brothers account. My issue is that whenever I want to play on my xbox one S on my account, I have to be signed into my brothers account to play online. Shouldn't I be able to play games online on my own account without having my brothers account signed in? It's especially annoying when we both want to play on our own xbox's online but we can't because the home xbox account has to be signed into the other. I've looked at other people problems and ours seems to be different from everyone.

:)

BBBBBarlos, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

it actually is working correctly. You can only access his subscription on his Home console without needing his account. Since he has the One X attached as his Home, you would be able to sign in and play there, but you would either need your own subscription or someone else with a subscription would need to be signed in or have the One S set as their Home.
  3. ngocphi Win User

My Xbox Downloaded Games I Never Purchased

It isnbecause yoyr xbox is set to his home xbox

Home xbox is not meant to be used by friemds

Home xbox is meant to be used by same family in the same household

You do know that xbox one supports external hds right ?
  4. Paul1708 Win User

GamePass for PC - Family Sharing

Sharing isnt linked too the family its only linked too the home xbox console people dont need too be in your microsoft account family too share just anyone on your home xbox.

Xbox sharing doesnt work on PC only Xbox

DRM on PC works differnt i not a big PC player so i dont know much about DRM on PC but someone else may

But i can say that xbox home console wont work on a PC
  5. TheeUnderdog Win User

Game Pass Ultimate sharing across two xboxs in same house

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "login with the account where you have the GPU."

If I log into the Home Xbox, gaming works as expected. When I log into the other Xbox to watch Netflix, it stops working for family members still on the Home Xbox.
  6. Fyer Win User

Buying points for a child

well that did not work the way I wanted. It really is easy to use the Xbox and family setting. Just need the right setup for your family.
Thema:

1. Xbox family home xbox not working right - Similar Threads - family home working

2. Home Xbox Family Members Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox Family Members Issue: I had 4 Xbox’s recently, all running good. I sold the two Xbox Ones and now only have the Series S and X. So i set the Series S as my home Xbox and everything works properly. My kids can sign in...
  3. Family member not able to play online on home xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family member not able to play online on home xbox.: My son is trying to play COD Cold War. When he tries to sign in it indicates he needs to sign up for Xbox Live Gold or gamepass. We already have gamepass and he is on the home console, a series X....
  4. Error 0x803f9006 with Family Accounts on Home Console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803f9006 with Family Accounts on Home Console: Last week, my son and I were playing Sea of Thieves together. He signed into our home console on his family member account, while I signed into our second console with my primary account. This...
  5. Xcloud and playing with home xboxes in family plan

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xcloud and playing with home xboxes in family plan: Is it possible for me to play on xcloud while ny son plays on our xbox? I have my son on my family account and i have game pass ultimate. I thought it might be possible to play destiny 2 via the...
  6. My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home

in XboX Insiders
    My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home: I'd like to only have to pay for 1 gold account for my family. Please read through to the end before you decide to suggest I set my "Xbox home" settings up. My family's home has 3 Xboxes and 4...
  7. Family Sharing between 2 xbox consoles in the same home

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Sharing between 2 xbox consoles in the same home: We have had the xbox one with Gold for a few years. There are 4 accounts on the xbox; one for the parent (me) and each kid is setup with their own account. The 3 kids accounts are part of...
  8. Online in game / party chat along with home xbox / family sharing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online in game / party chat along with home xbox / family sharing.: I have four kids (ikr lol). Anyway, i have my xbox one as my home xbox, and the kids xbox i have enabled them to sign on as me (via text verification) and their own profiles to play games that i...
  9. Is there a folding@home client for the xbox family of consoles that could help fight covid19?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a folding@home client for the xbox family of consoles that could help fight covid19?: I've looked and I don't see one. Is there a way to run a folding@home client on an Xbox? I know the PlayStation 3 had a folding at home client for a while. It seems like there could be an awful...
  10. Xbox live gold is not sharing with family members on my home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold is not sharing with family members on my home Xbox: I have an Xbox One S. I have set it up with my account as the primary, and set as the home Xbox under my account. My son has a child account that is also on the Xbox, I've authorized him to use...