Xbox family settings

Discus and support Xbox family settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have set a screentime limit for my son which worked fine but he worked out he can continue playing on my account! I had it set to instant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeanDunne3, Jan 21, 2021.

1. SeanDunne3
    SeanDunne3 Guest

Xbox family settings

Hello.

I have set a screentime limit for my son which worked fine but he worked out he can continue playing on my account!

I had it set to instant sign in so I set it to a safekey but now it seems he can't use xbox live unless I sign on which defeats the object ....

I'm sure I"m doing something simple wrong .. any help gratefully received

:)

SeanDunne3, Jan 21, 2021
  2. onyxishere Win User

xbox family settings

3. SepiaMX Win User

XBOX Family Settings

Hi there,

Absolutely! Bear in mind that your son needs an @outlook.com email address that he can use for his account. Have a look at the info in this link for more details Create
    a child account and add family members on Xbox One.

Also, if you want to know more about Family: Safety tools please click on that link.

Happy gaming!
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

XBOX Family Settings

Hi WBoscaljon,

normally it should work without any problem. Since your son's account is already created, you should proceed as follows:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Sign in down and select your account to sign in.
    3. After you're signed in, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    4. Select System > Settings.
    5. Under Account, select Family. This section shows all the current members of your family.
    6. Select Add to family.
    7. Select the profile for the person you want to add, and then press the
      A
      button on your controller.

More information you can find at
    "Familysettings"

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  5. DeadOnMidnight Win User

Xbox Family settings

If you have forgotten the information to the other account you can go through the "forgot password" steps. There are also further steps if you have forgotten the username.
  6. TXC p0tat0 Win User

Privacy Settings

Go to family settings and then factory reset your Xbox. This should clean and refresh the family settings inside Xbox.
Thema:

Xbox family settings

1. Xbox family settings - Similar Threads - family settings

2. Can't Use Xcloud (Xbox Game Pass) due to "family settings" on a mobile device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't Use Xcloud (Xbox Game Pass) due to "family settings" on a mobile device: Hi Everyone, I am having trouble with accessing Xcloud (Xbox Game Pass for Android). Whenever I start a game it says "Failed to start cloud gaming session" along with "You don't have access to...
  3. Family Settings API

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family Settings API: I'm a developer and I was wondering if there is a REST API to interact with Family Settings? I'm building custom app for our family and it would be helpful if I could make REST calls to retrieve...
  4. Family Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Settings: I changed the birth of my date, get back on xbox and see if it worked so i tried to change my gamerpic with a uploaded picture it didnt work and i deleted my parents xbox account off the xbox but...
  5. family settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    family settings: i added two people to my family and according to family screen they all should have acess to my games but when they load games i bought it say i must sign in or they must buy it please xbox fix...
  6. Email / Family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Email / Family settings: Hey all I have an issue that the young man i care for has an xbox one he used his dads email account to set up purchase games etc We dont have the password to that email and is now impossible to...
  7. Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft: I am getting SERIOUSLY fed up with this whole console and company. Hey Microsoft. Yeah I'm talking to you. You need to fix this. Now. My 14 year old is on my family right? But I allow him to...
  8. Family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family settings: Hi my son is constantly on the x box whilst I am at work I want to put a timer on so it cannot be played at certain points of the day....he will not let me go on the x box to change any...
  9. Family Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Family Settings: I try to install games from gamepass ultimate PC, but it stops me from installing because the parental controls pop up and says that I need permission on my account to install the game. I've never...
  10. Family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family settings: it is not letting me connect to the adult account on my xbox but i am trying to make my xbox account an adult one but it is not working because i need the adult account to make my child account an...