Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game

Discus and support Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; A while back, I had an Xbox game pass trial, where I installed a few games. Since then, my subscription has lapsed, and I've upgraded a hard drive to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Swunchy, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Swunchy
    Swunchy Guest

A while back, I had an Xbox game pass trial, where I installed a few games. Since then, my subscription has lapsed, and I've upgraded a hard drive to a larger one. I moved all of my data from my old to new hard drive with a cloning application. Recently, I decided to buy the Game Pass again, but when I try to install any game, I get this window:

Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game [​IMG]

I can't press install, and there would normally be a drop down where I can select the drive to install on. I have 3 drives installed right now, like so:

Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game [​IMG]

Even under Settings > General > Game install options, when I try to pick a default drive, it gives me an empty list, like so:

Things I've tried:

• Rebooting the system
    • Reinstalling the Xbox App
    • Resetting the Xbox App
    • Reinstalling Gaming Services from these troubleshooting steps
    Windows itself and all of my apps are fully updated.

Interestingly enough, if I remove my SSD and plug in my old HDD, this problem doesn't occur. Unfortunately this isn't a solution since that particular HDD is failing and I don't have room in my PC for another drive.

It looks like maybe I could work around the issue by installing the games from the Microsoft Store instead of on the Xbox App, but that isn't ideal because the store doesn't have an option to install apps to different locations per app. I could change the default location of installed apps on the store, but in general, I want to install Windows apps on my system drive, and games on my HDD.

Anywho, I've done lots of digging on the internet and haven't found a solution that works for me yet. It definitely seems like a waste of a Game Pass sub if I can't use the Xbox App to install any games.

:)

Swunchy, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Swunchy Win User

Yeah I've tried all of that, I even already linked that article in my post
  3. ridgeTolliver Win User

so i had the same issue i ended up swaping one of my ssds for a old 1 trabyte hdd that made it work for me
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

5. XBF Leo G Win User

Minecraft for windows 10 won't install

Hello charsus5,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Minecraft for Windows 10 is not beginning to download when you try to install it. Are you attempting to install the game from the Microsoft Store App? We have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for game installations on Windows 10
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    charsus5!
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

L'appareil n'est pas reconnu par le microsoft store mais est pourtant enregistré sur le compte microsoft et sur le compagnon Xbox

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue of installing a game you purchased on the Microsoft Store for your Windows 10 PC. Are you receiving any error codes/messages when attempting to install? If so please post them here.

Here's an article on
    Installing Games on Windows 10

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game - Similar Threads - Windows Unknown available

2. Can't download xbox game pass games on Xbox app windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download xbox game pass games on Xbox app windows 10: I've recently bought a 3 month xbox game pass but everytime I try to download a game that requires game pass it gives me an error. I have tried clearing cache, repairing windows, resetting the...
  3. Cities SkyLines on WIndows 10 (GAME PASS)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cities SkyLines on WIndows 10 (GAME PASS): I have bought Cities: Skylines on GAMEPASS for Windows 10 and for some reason every time I load the game up and it says "press any key" (I load via Xbox (BETA) Which has the game pass on it.)...
  4. Xbox App for windows 10 crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App for windows 10 crashing: The xbox app is crashing whenever i click on a game. I've tried: Clean booting, resetting, repairing and reinstalling the app, turning off firewall, turning off antivirus , updating my windows,...
  5. In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown...

in XBoX on Windows
    In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown...: Hi. In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown availble" is displayed. "Install" button is also disabled, so I cannot install game. If you have any...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT: So far, I'm loving FS2020. I've seen lots of posts/questions about separate windows for views and/or instrument panels. I've asked around but haven't had any responses... perhaps someone here...
  7. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10 unknown device after

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10 unknown device after: Hi. After I updated my windows yesterday I can't get my xbox 360 wireless adapter to work. I tried to do the manual install under device manager but it keeps getting listed as "unknown device"...
  8. Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device": Hey all, I have a 360 wireless xbox 360 controller, which works with my pc using a wireless adapter through usb. I've been using it for years daily, using windows 7. I recently updated to...
  9. Unknown Pack - Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown Pack - Minecraft Windows 10: Tried to download and use Minecraft 10 Alien Invasion Add-on... Downloaded as .zip - tried changing to .McWorld and .McPack - I get a message of Unknown Pack Name, Unknown Pack Description,...
  10. Forza Horizon 6: Apex on Windows 10: Unknown Problem...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 6: Apex on Windows 10: Unknown Problem...: hey friends, Im new here and my english is not the best. hope you can cope with it... my problem: I downloaded forza 6 on my windows 10 computer and there is no problem with the hardware or...