Xbox Freezes After Hitting Xbox Button During Game

Discus and support Xbox Freezes After Hitting Xbox Button During Game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my xbox freeze on me multiple times daily after pressing the xbox button during a game (to go to the home screen). Sometimes it freezes and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lamosking, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Lamosking
    Lamosking Guest

I have had my xbox freeze on me multiple times daily after pressing the xbox button during a game (to go to the home screen). Sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn't, and it is very frustrating. Hard cycling does work, but only to get the xbox back
    to normal (when I press the xbox button, it freezes again most times). My xbox is only 3 days new- is there any solution for this?

:)

Lamosking, Apr 6, 2015
  2. Update changed nothing, cant see differences!

Lower right after hitting xbox button on controller

PrimitiveMeat, Apr 6, 2015
  3. skyrim problems

when i play skyrim i randomly sometime freezes during gameplay but mostly during loading it freeze me whole xbox 350 consale where i hav to turn it off by the power button is this normal i know has alot of data to load i pruchasesd the game from downloadable
    content store games on xbox live

Gloomybear2013, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Liam25mc Win User

Installing a game

I an installing it on Xbox One, and this issue occurs only with this game. During the installation it stops frequently but keeps going until it hits “Ready to Start” where it completely freezes
  5. Steiner-8151F614-358 Win User

Youtube app freezing my xbox

I get the YouTube app freezing up on me also when I hit the "B" back button during a video. Then I gotta get up off my butt and go push the big button on my Xbox, ...then I figure as long as I'm up I might as well go get another beer from the frige whether
    I need one or not. I think this freezing issue is turning me into an alcholic.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

SpeedRunners Level not loading

HI Caramel!

Thanks for letting us know about this, just to clarify, is this on the Xbox One or PC platform? For problems with crashing from a game on the Xbox One it is highly recommended to attempt a hard reset on the console here's the steps:

1. Hold the power button on the console down for 10 seconds while the device is on
    2. After 10 seconds release the power button
    3. Press the power button as normal to power the console on
    For additional steps if the issue persists check out these articles:
    "My Xbox One game won't start or freezes during gameplay"
    &
    Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

I hope this helps, thanks again!
  7. Gonger-44C683DE-9900 Win User

Nov 2012 update causing issues with my 360

Same thing is happening for me.

I found a bit of a work around, as soon as the xbox leaves the first splash screen hit the home button and then launch disc. It booted me into Halo after freezing if I let it go to the dashboard
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

Call of Duty black ops 4

Thema:

1. Xbox Freezes After Hitting Xbox Button During Game - Similar Threads - Freezes Hitting Button

2. Borderlands 3 freezing and crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Borderlands 3 freezing and crashing: Hello, I have been trying to play Borderlands 3 and the in the middle of playing with friends, the game will freeze and then send me to tbe xbox home screen. I downloaded this game when it first...
  3. Jump Force Freeze-up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force Freeze-up: I'm running through the missions on Jump Force. I am into chapter 8, and the game cannot progress without freezing up and shutting off the game. It is a digital download, and I have uninstalled...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 freeze / crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 freeze / crash: I"ve just recently acquired a xbox one x. Before this I had the Xbox one S, always played forza no problem until I got the one x. Now it always freezes and then crashes to Xbox home. I've...
  5. Xbox 1 update keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 update keeps freezing: i have a xbox 1 s for the last 3 days been trying to download the latest update to allow me to keep using it however this update keeps freezing and crashing the xbox after 3 days of this and...
  6. Halo on XBOX Game Pass for PC (Beta) freezing before main menu loads in

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo on XBOX Game Pass for PC (Beta) freezing before main menu loads in: Hi I am having trouble with Halo - The Master Chief Collection on XBOX Game Pass for PC(Beta). It was working fine the first 4 or 5 times I played it but now it freezes before the main menu...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 freezing after hitting enter

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 freezing after hitting enter: Just went to play Forza after a few months. Decides to freeze after getting through the launch menu. All my drivers are up to date and so is windows. Also, , my pc is more than capable of running...
  8. Sound freezes and glitches when hitting home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound freezes and glitches when hitting home: I downloaded NHL 20 today and every time I hit the home button, prompt a letter entry box or a notification comes in the sound glitches/freezes and the only way to reset is to stop and restart the...
  9. XB1 freezes when I hit home button between matches...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 freezes when I hit home button between matches...: My XB1 freezes when I hit home button between matches. To be specific if its going back to the "between matches" screen after a match has ended and i hit the home button it will freeze the whole...
  10. XBOX ONE Games freeze when prompted to hit start button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Games freeze when prompted to hit start button: All XBOX ONE games freeze when start button is pushed to begin game. What is causing this and how do I fix it? 0b4d3df8-f52d-4fe7-bca8-e0be49f8a865