Xbox freezes intermittently

Discus and support Xbox freezes intermittently in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What happens is I'll be playing any game just fine for a bit than if I'm playing a single player mode the game just keeps going in the same direction... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D1sturbed1117, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Xbox freezes intermittently

What happens is I'll be playing any game just fine for a bit than if I'm playing a single player mode the game just keeps going in the same direction that I was pressing on the control stick when it froze. If I'm playing on Live it will disconnect me from
    everything and not accept any input from my controller. I tried turning the controller off but even when it's off the light says it's still connected and it won't accept the signal from my controller. I turn it off and than it will keep doing it again. Other
    times I can play 6 hours straight and nothing happens. I tried clearing the system cache and it still happens? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have the original Xbox 360 white console.

:)

D1sturbed1117, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Console freezes intermittently

I want to add that I've never had the console give me the red dot / error message that it has to shutdown to prevent from overheating, which the slim model apparently does as I've found out from googling.

Power supply brick and console have never been anything but green lights.

Also, most times when it freezes the screen literally just freezes on the frame, but sometimes it will freeze on the frame and have green vertical rows of artifacting pixels, and very rarely the entire screen goes green (went tan one time I can recall) with
    flickering green lines.

I've done nothing that should cause my console to be defecting after the light use I've put into it in the three years I've owned it, and refuse to pay $80+ to fix it. I guarantee that refusing to accommodate me on this matter is going to cost Microsoft
    a lot more than $80 in lost profits from me alone. I've called the phone support line twice now, got different information about what they can do for me each time, and am going to continue calling until I get someone that helps me. I've had other companies
    replace products out of warranty when they fail in an u reasonable amount of time, most notably logitech and apple.

Heroic iPhone, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Console freezes intermittently

I've always had the console in a well ventilated area with clearance on all sides. I knew before I got this console that they could have overheating issues if you don't take proper care to ensure the console is in a well ventilated space. I am very distraught
    that despite my best efforts to the contrary, my console is failing in under three years and is going to require a $80+ repair and a month of downtime to get it either exchanged for a refurb or sent back uprepaired with "no error found".

1) The console has the same green light and controller 1 quadrant lit up green.

2) Power brick is green,

Heroic iPhone, Jan 22, 2014
  4. gd1ddy Win User

Xbox- Live TV Scientific Atlanta 8300 Constantly Switching between Output Resolution (480i, ,480p, 720p, 1080i)

Also having the same issue (intermittent freezing) with SA 8300HD
  5. TheMapleKid Win User

Virgin Problems

Having done a little research it seems a few peeps have issues with the pass through for PC's, intermittent lag and freezing. I have just tried it and the scaling is all off too, with no way of setting it. I also had lag and intermittent problems. :(
  6. DUST2DEATH Win User

Proprietary wireless tech cause of faults since update.

Mr Darcy,

I have ran through what you asked and I can return to the dashboard, guide button all works as it should. It is not a hard freeze in which the xbox must be powered off and on, but an intermittant freeze. You can liken it to microstuttering, but worse.

I have an old fat xbox, not a slim.
  7. xMR PLUM JUICEx Win User

3 Second Random Freezes!?!?

THIS PROBLEM WITH THE MIC CAUSING INTERMITTENT FREEZE WAS FROM THE 12/0612 UPDATE, I VE TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN A DIFFERENT CONSOLE, MY MATES XBOX WASN'T DOING IT THEN LAST WEEK IT STARTED DOING IT
  8. Kerdogz Win User

Battlefield 4 freezes? MP

I'm having the same issue. Intermittent freezing (locking up). I have the game installed on my X-box hard drive.
Thema:

Xbox freezes intermittently

1. Xbox freezes intermittently - Similar Threads - freezes intermittently

2. Minesweeper is freezing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper is freezing up: Minesweeper is freezing up, can't even play one game in the daily challenge. 28156897-0847-4e27-baa2-e1a70d5d4876
  3. Problem when playing prey it works great and runs smooth for a while then it freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when playing prey it works great and runs smooth for a while then it freezes: I have noticed an issue with playing prey when I go to launch the prey game witch is downloaded from the store on my console. when I was playing the game everything was working great and running...
  4. Problem with prey game when playing game freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with prey game when playing game freezes: I have noticed and issue playing prey witch is a downloaded game from the Microsoft store on console when I was playing prey it worked great for a while and ran smooth with no issues. then...
  5. Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one freezing on startup of xbox 360 games: Any 360 game I load up shows an image of the game, then goes to the xbox 360 loading icon and then freezes to the point where I cannot do anything on my xbox one and must restart the console to...
  6. Xbox freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox freezing: While playing a game I might go to the Home screen using the Home button on the controller. The system goes to the Home screen and freezes. I cannot select the game or move around the dashboard,...
  7. Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes: Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes on the startup screen. Any thought or help would be massively helpful as grandson is bored already, week one of summer holidays :(...
  8. When I tap a username on the XD box app on my Samsung tablet. It always freezes. So I cant...

in XBoX on Mobile
    When I tap a username on the XD box app on my Samsung tablet. It always freezes. So I cant...: When I tap a username on the XD box app on my Samsung tablet. It always freezes. So I cant invite anyone to parties of to tonthem or message them or anything. Plese happy meh!...
  9. Xbox One S intermittently beeps, then freezes for 10-30 secs, sometimes won't unfreeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S intermittently beeps, then freezes for 10-30 secs, sometimes won't unfreeze: Hello! Just yesterday while playing Madden 18 my Xbox One S started doing something it had never done before. It started beeping a very quiet beep every 15 seconds to 2 minutes, almost like a...
  10. Xbox One Internal Hard Drive intermittently freezes / stutters

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Internal Hard Drive intermittently freezes / stutters: Hey there, So I have had a recurring problem since I first bought my Xbox One at the end of 2014, however due to the fact is occurs so intermittently and randomly, I am unable to prove fault to...