XBOX freezing since April 2019 Update

Discus and support XBOX freezing since April 2019 Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, After the April 2019 update was installed on the Xbox One, the console is freezing. This can happen when playing a game or as well when you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark van den Berg 1978, May 9, 2019.

1. XBOX freezing since April 2019 Update

Hi all,

After the April 2019 update was installed on the Xbox One, the console is freezing.

This can happen when playing a game or as well when you are on the Homescreen. The controllers remain on, however nothing works anymore, while the music just continues.

I can then only shut down the XBOX One by keeping the XBOX button pressed until it shuts off.

Putting it on again, makes everything work again. Only this is again for only a limited amount of time.

I performed already a reset to factory default, however this didn't solve the issue.

Any one any advice?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Mark van den Berg 1978, May 9, 2019
  2. Mark van den Berg 19 Win User

Many thanks for the quick response.

I have also take the power of the XBOX completely to see if that makes a difference, however the issue is still present.

Yesterday I have also installed the May update, to see if that makes a difference, however the issue was still there.

Since the issue started after the April Update, I would have loved to take that update off to see if then the issue disappears again. It could be a coincidence that the issue started around that time, nevertheless I believe that would be the best and fastest
    thing to test.

I am not sure if there are any other suggestions that I can follow.
  3. DapperCrane Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power
    cord from the back of the console for 4.38 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. Sanana94 Win User

Do you Unplug the console from the power source? This helps more than you think. Just unplug it and wait 15 seconds next time you turn it off. It should help.

Since you have done the factory reset already, I guess if your problem keeps happening (and you are not in the Xbox Insider program), then I'd say you can have a chat with the xbox support. Maybe there's something wrong with your console or they have some good
    alternatives to make you try first.

In case you decide to double check with the support after you have tried a power cycle...

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Games with Gold April 2019

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post and since the

April 2019 Games with Gold
    have posted, this ship has effectively sailed in a way.

If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues.

Thank you again and happy gaming!
  6. ThorX360 Win User

TC's GRAW2 not showing as free

Thema:

1. XBOX freezing since April 2019 Update - Similar Threads - freezing since April

2. ever since august update all my game freeze and crash I have complained and nothing has been ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ever since august update all my game freeze and crash I have complained and nothing has been ...: for some reason (this has never happened before) now when I play call of duty advanced warfare, exo zombies the game will randomly freeze and make an odd stuttering/ buzzing noise and I have to...
  3. Xbox freezes since homepage update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox freezes since homepage update: since the new update on homepage, when I change from an app to game or vice versa my xbox freezes up until it turns itself off. This happens pretty much every time and it's getting irritating....
  4. Hello I can't play gears of war 2 split screen in my xbox one since the game freezes and then ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I can't play gears of war 2 split screen in my xbox one since the game freezes and then ...: I can not play gears of war 2 in split screen in my xbox one, since when I enter the game with 2 sessions started in the console, the game freezes just after the letters with the legend "gears of...
  5. SINCE THE UPDATE THIS WEEKEND FOR W2K17 I CAN'T EDIT MY CAW AND GAMES KEEPS FREEZING,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SINCE THE UPDATE THIS WEEKEND FOR W2K17 I CAN'T EDIT MY CAW AND GAMES KEEPS FREEZING,: EVERY SINCE XBOX ONE UPDATED W2K17 I HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES, FIRST IT DELETED EVERY LOGO I DOWNLOADED.! AND SECOND I CAN NOT EDIT MY CREATED CHARACTER BECAUSE NOTHING SHOW UP AND IT KEEPS...
  6. Minecraft crashes and freezes console since new TU.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashes and freezes console since new TU.: I have recently downloaded the newest Minecraft TU. My game crashes and freezes my console whenever I access a chest. I have not gotten any farther into other possible errors, as this seems bad...
  7. Games make my laptop freeze since last windows 10 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games make my laptop freeze since last windows 10 update: Hi all! I'm from Hungary, and I kow this isn't the best place to be here, but the Microsoft support team couldnt help me and they sent me here, with my problem which is the following: Since the...
  8. Tropico 5 Freezing since July 2016 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tropico 5 Freezing since July 2016 update: Since a late July required update Tropico 5 freezing on random auto-saves, accompanied by occasional scrambled images, especially on the Build menu. Installing the oydate fixes the freezing, but...
  9. Since purchasing Xbox live none of my stats save on battlefield plus Xbox randomly freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since purchasing Xbox live none of my stats save on battlefield plus Xbox randomly freezes: since purchasing Xbox live today none of my stats are being saved and it randomly throws me out of my game I playing with my friends 85db5a79-8588-439f-8105-cfa551f3ff56
  10. My Xbox one freezes & crashes since day one, literally.. Anyone else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one freezes & crashes since day one, literally.. Anyone else?: I have a "day one edition" console that I have only played a handful of times, because quite frankly, I think the new console is a joke. But that's beside the point.. I've played 2 games on it,...