Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties

Discus and support Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there as the title says when I use gamebar on my pc it works decently fine, I cant see friends but can still make parties. However when I make or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DeadReaper8995, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties

Hi there as the title says when I use gamebar on my pc it works decently fine, I cant see friends but can still make parties. However when I make or join a party it kicks me out saying "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x00000000]".
    The major issue is that well this has been happening for months now. The second problem came when I tried to use companion instead to join parties. I'd join the party but instead of getting kicked i'll be in the party yet no one can hear me and I can't hear
    anyone. I really am at a lost and could really use some help.

:)

DeadReaper8995, Apr 17, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you all again and happy gaming!
  3. Jag3494 Win User

I made a windows installation tool with a flashdrive from microsofts site for free and purchased a key for a few dollars from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy284MNwtY
  4. DeadReaper8995 Win User

I reset my Windows yet my problem is still there I don't know what else to do besides buy a copy of windows 10 for $90
  5. Jag3494 Win User

Same. Just a heads up, i just reinstalled windows and tested the app before any updates. It got errors while updating both game bar and the companion app through the microsoft story, but after simply clicking the retry button they both succeeded and the
    app is working fine now, parties included. Going to update windows and see of it sticks. Fingers crossed
  6. Rod_theironman Win User

Sorry bro, my notifications are not active that's why I haven't noticed your replies. Anyway what happen? It seems that teredo now is the main issues for Gamebar and Xbox companion, I've already figured it out. But good thing everything works for you now.
    Good job bro!
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties - Similar Threads - game bar Companion

2. Game bar/Console Companion Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar/Console Companion Issues: I have 2 issues, I am going to split this question in half to address each one separately and then go through what I have done to try to fix: 1. Both the gamebar and console companion will...
  3. Game bar/console companion issues on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar/console companion issues on PC: I am willing to paypal $10 each for my 2 problems. I have spent FOREVER trying to get xbox parties to work on PC and the connection and sound issues are driving me mad. I have 2 issues, I am...
  4. Game Bar and Console Companion will not pickup my microphone

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar and Console Companion will not pickup my microphone: I am slowly losing my mind trying to resolve this issue. I am on a PC, trying to use xbox game bar to chat in a party with my friends. Heck, I would use console companion if it was behaving any...
  5. my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in: hi, i have an issue with all 4 of this apps for Windows 10 where I try to access my account and it is unsuccessful. The issue consist in, when I access one of this apps, I am requiered to sign in....
  6. Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch

in XBoX on Windows
    Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch: Can I use the xbox one console companion on pc or use the xbox game bar to play with my friend on xbox? dccfaa88-92c2-4bf9-a120-0bc6b78fd25a
  7. Xbox Console Companion Error Code 0x80080005 and Xbox Game Bar issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion Error Code 0x80080005 and Xbox Game Bar issues: For the past week I've been trying to use the Xbox Game Bar for parties but the Xbox Game Bar signed me out and I can't log back in. When I try to click sign in it acts as if I didn't click it. I...
  8. Chat not workiing with Xbox Game bar, companion app, or xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Chat not workiing with Xbox Game bar, companion app, or xbox app: My xbox party chat does not work. I am unable to join parties in the game bar and xbox app. I get an error saying there has been a problem and I get a code 0x00000000. In the companion app I can...
  9. Xbox Companion and Game Bar Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion and Game Bar Party Chat: I am unable to get my mic to work in Party Chat, no matter the device I choose to use. I also cannot hear anything but static, when my friend talk's. Here is my current DxDiagnosis file - DxDiag...
  10. Xbox Companion App and Game Bar not showing friends list on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App and Game Bar not showing friends list on PC: I am having an issue with Xbox Companion app and Game Bar not showing the friends list on PC. Both come up with the error message "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app....