Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then realise it didn't record my voice at all because the microphone was muted. Does anyone else... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Androoideka, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on

A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then realise it didn't record my voice at all because the microphone was muted. Does anyone else have this issue? I have "Turn mic on by default when I record" on in the Captures settings and Xbox Game Bar does have permission to use my microphone, but for some reason the microphone is never on unless I turn it on myself by clicking the icon or pressing the hotkey on my keyboard.

submitted by /u/Androoideka
    [link] [comments]

/u/Androoideka, Oct 23, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  3. webmonkee Win User

Microphone always on mute

Bumping this. Any updates or other ideas? Something?
  4. webmonkee Win User

Anything? Is anyone looking at this issue? I'm not the only one having it.
  5. webmonkee Win User

Enforcement says I have a perfect record. I have made sure my controller is updated and assigned to me, purchased a stereo adpater and a new controller, hard booted the console, reset the router, run all of the xbone's network diagnostics, and tried to use
    Kinect chat instead.
  6. {Parity} Win User

What have you tried in order to resolve the issue?

Have you checked to ensure you don't have a communication ban? You can log in here to verify whether or not there is a ban on your account enforcement.xbox.com/Home Let us know. Good Luck!
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on

1. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on - Similar Threads - Game Bar Bug

2. XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces: I can running Xbox insider on PC and am running the game bar. Earlier today I noted I ran out of disk space on my primary SSD. Thinking it was general temp files and other rubbish I did a clean...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Party System on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Party System on PC: Whenever I have the game bar open and am in a party chat, my mic will not work unless I have the game bar app selected. As soon as I continue my game the mic doesn't work at all. Push to talk...
  4. Xbox Game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar: Boa noite, estou tentando ativar a exibição de fps no Xbox Game Bar e não estou conseguindo. De acordo com este artigo do próprio suporte do Xbox, peço para solicitar acesso e autorizo...
  5. xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar: bonjour j'ai un problème j'essai d'afficher les fps avec la xbox game bar j'ai fais toutes les maj j'ai fais demander l'accès ... redémarrer le pc comme il est demandé et ça ne fonctionne tjrs pas...
  6. Xbox game bar and party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar and party chat: When every I use Xbox game bar and join friends it gives me the following error code 0x8923102b. This code has no results on Microsoft's website and when it tells me to change privacy settings and...
  7. Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar: When ever i have modern warfare on fullscreen if i open up the game bar its zoomed in 150% or something and i cant fix it is there something i missed? 4b16cd23-10f7-40d4-a4d2-4debf4f4dd02
  8. Don't Meet The Requirements To Record On Xbox Game Bar??????!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Don't Meet The Requirements To Record On Xbox Game Bar??????!!!: I wanted to record something I was going to do in a game and then I remembered that I can record with Xbox game bar, I go to record but I don't meet the requirements to record? I have a PC that...
  9. Xbox application offline issue and game bar bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox application offline issue and game bar bug: Hello, I have problems on PC with the game bar, Impossible to activate the game bar, when I activate it in the windows parameter it disables in the moment as soon as I leave the window. I try...
  10. Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug: [img] This is what I get the first time I check Networking in the Game Bar or Xbox App settings. Then, the 2nd and each consecutive check it's fine: [img] If I close the Xbox App or Game Bar...