Xbox Game Bar capture options greyed out, can't find options in settings (Windows 11)

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar capture options greyed out, can't find options in settings (Windows 11) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a few months now where I can't capture photos or video or do anything in xbox game bar because the options are greyed out.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by maybemawie, Apr 20, 2022.

1. maybemawie
    maybemawie Guest

Xbox Game Bar capture options greyed out, can't find options in settings (Windows 11)

I've had this problem for a few months now where I can't capture photos or video or do anything in xbox game bar because the options are greyed out. I've tried going into the settings to see if there was any options disabled but I only recently realized after seeing someone else's screenshot there is supposed to be an entire wall of options under "Recording preferences" that's literally just not there on my end.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Xbox Game Bar capture options greyed out, can't find options in settings (Windows 11) [​IMG]

:)

maybemawie, Apr 20, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Maybemawie, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Mr Skywalker426 Win User

Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion

Hi you tried make contact with the windows support for see with they say about that? Try go in windows settings and then go into Games and Game Bar and Game Capture to see if there you can a option to put off the task capture
  4. Shuja Ahmed Win User

How to switch between the vertical and horizontal versions of Xbox game bar in Windows?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

There should be an option in your game bar settings to adjust this. Check your game bar settings here :

- Right-click the Start button.
    - Click Settings.
    - Click Gaming.
    - Click Game DVR.

If you didn't found the option to change the orientation, you can refer to the following link for more information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
    I have already checked all settings related to Xbox Game Bar but no use.

I can't see Game DVR in Windows 11.
    I have checked Settings > Gaming > Captures also. (it is related to DVR)

I have also checked Xbox Game Bar Settings.
  5. GDead095 Win User

how do i disable gamebar for certain games

You can completely disable the Game Bar if you go to your Windows Settings>Gaming, first thing you will see there is an option to be able to use the Game Bar for recordings ands friends, you can disable it. If you only want to diable recordings go to Settings>Gaming>Captures, there you will find an option to disable the Background Recording characteristic
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Xbox Game Bar not recording my microphone audio.

Hi SG Silverr,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue. It sounds as though the "capture audio when recording a game" option may be turn off on your pc. TO activate this setting on Windows 10/11 go to Start/Settings/Gaming/Captures and turn this feature on.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar capture options greyed out, can't find options in settings (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - Game Bar capture

2. PC Game Bar captures not showing up on mobile

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game Bar captures not showing up on mobile: I took screenshots and recordings with Xbox Game Bar on my PC and I'm trying to post it but they aren't showing up on Xbox App on my Android. 9c687684-3bb5-4d84-9af1-801b6f7d4124
  3. xbox game bar capture bar troll me

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar capture bar troll me: hi all, this bar capture i cant move or anything? Is there any way I can change this bar? it's locked and I can't change it and my problem is that when I'm playing the mouse it accidentally goes...
  4. Xbox game bar not capturing in windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar not capturing in windows 11: I think this has something to do with 'enable capture' disappearing in windows setting-game in windows 11 I've tried every solutions found on internet including regedit, gpedit, repairing and...
  5. upload a capture from game bar to the pc xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    upload a capture from game bar to the pc xbox app: Hi, i was just wondering how i could upload a capture from game bar to the xbox app on my pc. Thanks 013b71ff-f170-4689-b07c-3794ae259f62
  6. I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...

in XBoX on Windows
    I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...: The subject says it all, I cant delete captures on Xbox Game Bar, I'm looking for a way to fix this without restarting my computer because for some reason my CPU fans dont run on boot for some...
  7. Xbox game bar does not upload captures and clips

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar does not upload captures and clips: Hi all the issue is that i use xbox game bar to record my game clips and to capture screenshots and the app does not upload those clips and captures to the network so I can share them properly....
  8. Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded...

in XBoX on Windows
    Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded...: I was attempting to move the captures folder, the folder where window's game bar recording function saves to, to a different drive. Unfortunately I failed to completely understand the instructions...
  9. Microsoft Xbox game bar Captures folder is messed up

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Xbox game bar Captures folder is messed up: As the title states, somewhere along the lines my location folder for the captures got changed and I don't know how. It's not even labeled Captures anymore, and I can't move the folder because...
  10. Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.: Hello, I need your help. I accidentally deleted the folder where the recordings made by xbox game bar were saved and now I don't know how to recover that folder because I can't see the videos that...