Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder

Discus and support Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can view the clips in the game bar just fine but when i open the folder they are in windows is telling me it cant find it and make sure i type in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Senseionthebloc, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder

I can view the clips in the game bar just fine but when i open the folder they are in windows is telling me it cant find it and make sure i type in the name in correctly? Now the clips in folder are showing as a blank page like its corrupted or just empty. Im about to lose 2 years worth of clips is there anyway to fix this or recover the files?

:)

Senseionthebloc, Sep 13, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

Hey there!

When you started capturing your clips did you start capturing them in the external HD, or did you save them to the default file drive which is C:\users\%username%\Videos\Captures?

I would suggest trying to capture a new game clip without your external HD plugged in to see what it says when it asks you where you want to save the clips.

Also what do you see when you open up your captures folder from the Game Bar?

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder (named
    Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

Try that out and let us know what happens.
  3. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you?

Try moving the folder to another drive on your PC. Or open Xbox Companion, try to locate your captures and re-download them.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Game DVR, lo hizo de nuevo :( [Mod Translation - Game DVR, did it again]

Hey Z3N3K

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with recording content.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you review the
    Troubleshooting Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
    article and see if some of these techniques work for you.

Additionally, it would be worth trying to save your captures to a different location and see if that helps alleviate the message that states there is nothing to record.

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your
    Videos folder (named Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Losing recorded clips without actually deleting them

To find your clips and screenshots, select the Start button, then go to Settings > Gaming > Captures and
    select Open folder.
  6. iam helper Win User

not getting access to the xbox app

[​IMG]
    5.Talked to the XBox help ...Then ..During The Conversation That Was About to end .. I Inserted my external hard disk .

6. After some time I just Pressed "Windows+G" key .. And The Game Bar Opened..... Yes !!

(Then I recorded The Screen And it worked.... The clip Saved)

7. to find where The clip saved I Followed.. Settings -Game DVR-and clicked "open folder" tab.

(it opened the folder location to the Hard disk )

8. I moved the Entire folders Including "Captures" Folder from The hard disk to the "Videos".

IT WORKED ....

But Now The Problem is that The Xbox App is not accessible with the following XBox Error Code.

(0x409) 0x80131509
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder - Similar Threads - game bar captured

2. XBOX Game Bar Screen Capture

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Bar Screen Capture: I was just playing SpongeBob Battle For Bikini Bottom on my Steam. i decided to start a recording to make a video for my YouTube channel. I opened up XBOX Game Bar but saw my Screen Capture Button...
  3. Xbox Game bar capturing settings not available

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar capturing settings not available: No options to edit/tweak Xbox Game bar capturings. Previously it showed those options like how much time to capture and audio and video quality and etc, but now It doesn't show. [img]...
  4. Trouble Capturing with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble Capturing with Xbox Game Bar: I recently attempted to move my captures folder for Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to my external USB drive. When I tried to move it, the folder appeared on the USB Drive, but my captures no longer...
  5. Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app (Windows 10): Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to move game bar captures on my windows 10 pc to the Xbox mobile application so I can view my captures on the go. I download games through...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Captures: I have a simple problem. Whenever I record using the Xbox game bar, the finished recording has glitched audio. Say I recorded Minecraft Dungeons, the resolution is fine, but the audio is all...
  7. Black borders in Xbox Game Bar capture finished video

in XBoX on Windows
    Black borders in Xbox Game Bar capture finished video: The issue has something to do with Xbox Game Bar/Microsoft Game DVR. Every time I record a game whether it's by clicking Start recording or Record the last 30 seconds/minute, the video result...
  8. Problem with Xbox Game Bar and Windows Capture Settings shortcuts keys overlapping

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Xbox Game Bar and Windows Capture Settings shortcuts keys overlapping: Does anyone know why sometimes when I attempt to use the Xbox Game Bar with "Win Key + G" it pulls up the windows capture settings window instead of opening the Game Bar as intended? There seems...
  9. Echo effect on Xbox Game Bar captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Echo effect on Xbox Game Bar captures: Last time I played games on my gaming laptop was about ten months ago. I got back into it in the past few weeks, once again using my Xbox Game Bar to record the gameplay. And now, all the...
  10. How do you capture the game bar party overlay in OBS?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you capture the game bar party overlay in OBS?: I've tried each capture source in obs, and the party overlay that you pin in game bar won't show up. There's a post where this has been asked before and the answer was display capture, and that...