Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer.

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is only happening with Forza Horizon 5 but here's an image of a clip. [img] 3ab1933a-004c-413e-bb52-ffbe5a64e6d0 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yelo Jelo, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Yelo Jelo
    Yelo Jelo Guest

Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer.

This is only happening with Forza Horizon 5 but here's an image of a clip.
    Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer. [​IMG]

:)

Yelo Jelo, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Yelo welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. On what settings do you have FH5?
  3. Vasily V. Win User

recording gameclips on xbox one

Xbox One S by default captures 1080p with a max of 2 minutes.

Go to preferences > Broadcast & Capture

Under capture select Game clip resolution and choose 720p SDR. This will allow you to record 5 minutes. Be warned, the quality of video recordings will drop.
  4. KaiChandan Win User

Video Clips on Xbox One S

Here are my settings:

allow game captures: captures by me

record what happened: 5 minutes

automatically upload: captures by me

game clip resolution: 720p SDR

Capture location: internal
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer. - Similar Threads - Game Bar captures

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture: Hi. Recently, I've noticed whenever I try to record or capture on the Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't let me. The record button is greyed out. I've tried to repair the app, reset the app and download...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Default Capture Location

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Default Capture Location: I wanted to change my capture location into another folder but xbox game bar has set its default location in AppData\Local\Temp folder and I can't change it's file location using normal method....
  4. Xbox Game Bar Capture- External Mic Not Recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Capture- External Mic Not Recognized: I really like using the Xbox game bar to capture my gameplay, however, I don't like how when I do capture it doesn't use my mic. My mic is the blue snowball. I have tried messing with the mixer on...
  5. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I...
  6. Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture: I have been trying to do a video capture with the Xbox Game Bar. My capture is totally disabled, including screenshots on the Xbox Game Bar. I have not managed to find a solution. Currently on...
  7. Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...: Computer Configuration Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 17.3" 144Hz GSync, RTX 2080MQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.258) Xbox Game Bar Version: 5.721.9022.0...
  8. Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...: I am trying to record gameplay with my friends in discord included in my clips, because their reactions can be pretty funny and add to the value of the clip, but the only problem is when I use the...
  9. xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon: Hi! I tried to capture a CAD application tutorial video for my personal use using xbox game bar in my windows 10. The captured video went well, but I realized that the CAD application logo (that...
  10. Xbox game bar gallery- Captures not showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar gallery- Captures not showing up: Hello, I am getting an error on the Xbox game bar where my captures on the game bar overlay are not appearing. It does not say anything about a problem, it doesn't show my captures on the overlay....