xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone even though all microphone settings are enabled...

Discus and support xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone even though all microphone settings are enabled... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; all of sudden, my xbox game bar is not recording my microphone in clips. i dont know why as i have not changed any settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wuzzupo, May 2, 2022.

1. wuzzupo
    wuzzupo Guest

xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone even though all microphone settings are enabled...

all of sudden, my xbox game bar is not recording my microphone in clips. i dont know why as i have not changed any settings.

:)

wuzzupo, May 2, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone even though all microphone settings are enabled on windows 10

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey wuzzupo, how are you today? Hope you're well.

The issue can be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Let's ensure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps my friend.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

No audio in the capture from Xbox game bar(windows PC)

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There isn't a way to recover audio on an already recorded clip. But you can make sure the Microphone is enabled for your next recording.

- Go to Settings (press Windows + I key together) > Privacy.

- On the left hand pane scroll down and look for Microphone.

- Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone to ON.

- Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to ON.

- Restart the game bar.

Hope this helps.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

Ok, my friend. You can try this, please:

Go to Settings in the Xbox Game Bar, Capturing, then “Audio to Record”. By default it is set as Game. You can change it to All as that includes Game audio, your microphone, apps, etc. This maybe can help to not stop recording when you alt + tab.

If it doesn't help too, please let me know.
  6. ScantilyCloud Win User

Xbox App Microphone Problem

Can everyone try this:

Type "Microphone privacy settings" in the search bar at the bottom left of Windows. Scroll down and enable the microphone for Xbox app.

Come back here and let me know if this worked.
Thema:

1. xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone even though all microphone settings are enabled... - Similar Threads - game bar doesn't

2. Game bar doesn't notify me when I get and achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't notify me when I get and achievement: I play games on pc with game pass and can get achievements, the problem is I don't know when I get one because I don't get any notification. I have notifications enabled in windows and game bar...
  3. XboxApp/Xbox Game bar doesn't show what game I'm currently playing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    XboxApp/Xbox Game bar doesn't show what game I'm currently playing: It's been already few days since it doesn't show what game I play. Only status it shows is ''Online''. It worked for years, or so... I also checked my privacy settings for Xbox and Windows,...
  4. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...
  5. new Game bar version freezes PC & doesn't show icons on the volume widget, version...

in XboX Insiders
    new Game bar version freezes PC & doesn't show icons on the volume widget, version...: I'm on the Beta Build. I use my PC to play games while I listen to music & talk with my friends, it's very difficult to do that in the new Game bar version mainly because of 2 issues: It freezes...
  6. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't record game and audio without microphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar doesn't record game and audio without microphone: Xbox game bar doesn't let me record game audio only, it's force me plug the Microphone to record game with sound. but i hate voice in my video, so i want recording screen with game sound only...
  8. Xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone when i change recording settings to record...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar doesn't record my microphone when i change recording settings to record...: Title says it all. I've made sure that my microphone is selected, i've changed settings, repaired the app, reset it, the whole nine. When I try to record something through the game bar when I've...
  9. Xbox game bar suddenly doesn't have the abilty to record games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar suddenly doesn't have the abilty to record games: When i open a game and try to click the record button in the game bar it's greyed out, same with the screenshot button, the microphone mute button is not greyed out and i can click it, but it...
  10. Xbox game bar doesn't work. My hardware apparently doesn't meet the requirements for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar doesn't work. My hardware apparently doesn't meet the requirements for...: When I open the game bar using Win+G it says "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips". I wouldn't be that much frustrated if it hadn't worked before. What...