Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. Recently, I've noticed whenever I try to record or capture on the Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't let me. The record button is greyed out. I've tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FlameTheRaptor, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture

Hi. Recently, I've noticed whenever I try to record or capture on the Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't let me. The record button is greyed out. I've tried to repair the app, reset the app and download then re-install. Please let me know how I am able to fix this.

Additional Information:

- Windows 10

- Version 1909

:)

FlameTheRaptor, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi FlameTheRaptor! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

All Windows 10 PCs should be able to capture screenshots in games, no matter what video card you have. To capture game clips, however, your PC’s video card must support one of these encoders:

Intel Quick Sync H.264

NVidia NVENC

AMD VCE
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox live pc capture question

4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  6. FluffyRenegade Win User

recording for youtube

my xbox will only let me capture 2 minutes of video at 1080p. And lets say in the game I'm running and the recording stops as I'm running. I'd have to stop playing/running and start recording/running every 2 minutes.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture - Similar Threads - Game Bar Letting

2. Xbox game bar not letting me add someone as friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar not letting me add someone as friend: my xbox game bar is not letting me add someone a friend after them sending me a request. if i click it, it does not respond. please help me solve this! 050d8e75-66f6-4f15-b861-e106e24f0d0b
  3. Xbox Game Bar Won't Let Me Use My Microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Won't Let Me Use My Microphone.: I've seen some other people talk about this problem as well so I know I'm not the only person with this issue. But basically I can't use my microphone when I record a game. I've been trying to...
  4. Game Bar wont let me change accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Bar wont let me change accounts: I have a game which I bought via the Windows Store. I have two different xbox accounts that I use on it. When I switch to my other account it signs me in fine inside game bar but as soon as I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Type Or Sent Messages

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Type Or Sent Messages: Why is the Xbox Game Bar refusing to let me type when I try to type? Even when I do manage to type out a message, a small exclamation mark pops up to the left of my message. When I hover over the...
  6. Xbox App and Game Bar will not let me sign in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App and Game Bar will not let me sign in: Neither the Xbox App or the Game Bar will let me sign in, Ipress the sign in button and it does absolutely nothing 1ac7aafc-e6d3-4599-acab-e3b2437f429d
  7. Xbox game bar will not let me sign in after clicking on social

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar will not let me sign in after clicking on social: The Xbox Game Bar will not let me sign into my Xbox account. The screen flashes for a second and then nothing. This also happens with the Xbox live App. And yes, I have tried resetting, repairing,...
  8. my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in: hi, i have an issue with all 4 of this apps for Windows 10 where I try to access my account and it is unsuccessful. The issue consist in, when I access one of this apps, I am requiered to sign in....
  9. Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties: Hi there as the title says when I use gamebar on my pc it works decently fine, I cant see friends but can still make parties. However when I make or join a party it kicks me out saying "Something...
  10. Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.: Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not. i checked every setting, my birthdate is even set to 1999, when i was born. can someone help??? im very annoyed and...