Xbox Game Bar not opening

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar not opening in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been into gaming a lot lately and I want to use the Game Box but for some reasons it wont open no matter what. At first I've noticed that Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shoto2163, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Shoto2163
    Shoto2163 Guest

I've been into gaming a lot lately and I want to use the Game Box but for some reasons it wont open no matter what.

At first I've noticed that Xbox isn't installed so I updated my Windows 10 and installed it and then I installed the Xbox Game Bar, but when i try to open it, it still wont open, no error showing or anything

Xbox Game Bar not opening [​IMG]

So after researching for quite a while now I noticed that "Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar" optionis turned off so when i tried to turn it on it keeps reverting back to being turned off

By this time I've tried resetting Game bar and Xbox but it doesn't change anything.

I noticed something weird on my registry GameConfigStore, When i compare the keys in here with others I've seen through out tutorials I'm missing a lot of keys which is I dont know why, Now I cant find anything related to this issue but I'm guessing its
    the problem for me.

I've also tried changing the value on Enable to 1 but that doesn't change anything also.

:)

Shoto2163, Sep 25, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Shoto,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to launch the Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 10 PC.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow the various steps provided through our
    troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 support article.

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  3. oldmanpar77 Win User

Game Bar not opening

OK. not sure what different I done but can now get the game bar to open but it won't record anything despite me tinkering with the settings.

Could someone please share what settings they have to successfully record game play clips.

This was a feature that worked great for me but no longer works....

Thanks
  4. Bestlano Win User

Game Bar not opening

Hi Oldman, can you tell us what version of the app you are using? What exactly is occurring when your trying to record, do you experience any type of error messages or does the app crash etc?

Thanks,

Best
  5. IamJustinAaron Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

Hello, did you try checking the Game bar's Settings? It might be the case that the Game bar Record game clips and screenshots setting is switched off. Then the Game bar isn't going to open when you press its hotkey. So you can check that option as
    follows. Open the Xbox app by clicking its Start menu tile.
  6. Vijay_Verma Win User

Xbox game bar not opening correctly

Take actions related to Display Driver

Windows Key+X > Click Device Manager > Expand Display Adapter > Right click on entry below >

A. Rollback the Driver

Click Properties > Go to Driver tab > If there is rollback option, click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website

Go to the website of the driver's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart your computer

You will need to restart your computer after the above steps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar not opening - Similar Threads - Game Bar opening

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn't open all the way?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't open all the way?: When I press Win+G, it only pops up a little rectangle with the time, game capturing and the audio. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, turn it off and back on, and I'm still not able to get all...
  3. Can't open Xbox Game Bar despite seeing the process in task manager.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open Xbox Game Bar despite seeing the process in task manager.: Hi all. I'm unable to open the Xbox Game Bar at all, either in games or just at the desktop itself. I can see the process open in the task manager, but the app itself doesn't show up on my...
  4. Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab: Just like the title says, go to open settings so I can tell it what mic and speakers to use for chat so that maybe I could actually use an xbox live party and the program instantly crashes. Every....
  5. Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game bar can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I added a new hard drive to my system today, and ever since I get this popup: [img] I've tried everything I can think of to make it go away. I've uninstalled and re-installed everything Xbox...
  6. Minha Barra de jogos não esta abrindo no jogo [Translation - My Game Bar is not opening in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minha Barra de jogos não esta abrindo no jogo [Translation - My Game Bar is not opening in...: Quando eu entro no meus jogos e quero gravar um clipe aperto Windows+G mas não abre não sei por que --------- [Mod Translation - When I enter my games and I want to record a clip I press Windows...
  7. The Game Bar Will not Open and I can't record my games

in XBoX on Windows
    The Game Bar Will not Open and I can't record my games: Hi Everyone, I used to be able to record fullscreen games like Overwatch but then one day my game bar just stopped opening when I used the Win+G command. Does anyone know how to fix this? If so,...
  8. Game bar not opening in Microsoft Office 2016 using Win + g command

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar not opening in Microsoft Office 2016 using Win + g command: Hi there, My game bar is not opening when using the Win + g command in Microsoft Office 2016. I have checked the game bar settings and made sure the recording option is turned on....
  9. The Game bar wont open when I press win+g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Game bar wont open when I press win+g: The game bar used to work really well and now even if in the settings it says it's on and everything. It still wont open, so I tried setting my own keys, but that also didn't work. Right now I...
  10. Game Bar not opening

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar not opening: Anyone else having a problem with the game bar not opening when streaming on xbox one to the windows 10 app? b40b02f2-0b4a-4d2f-aaec-457fc5c6ed9a