Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eziah, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM.

1. Eziah
    Eziah Guest

Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post.

I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though you can set it to record both).

I have tried multiple times to record important conversations on my PC with updated Windows 10 but this issue keeps showing up and ruining great moments that I can never get back.

If there is any way to recover lost audio or mic input, I love that.

If not, I would also love if there is a way to verify if the Xbox Game Bar is going to function properly as it advertises itself BEFORE I record and lose precious moments as I have already.

If there is absolutely nothing that can be done, I'd highly discourage anyone else from using Xbox Game Bar to record video AND audio and to look somewhere else to use its services.

:)

2. BrittneyKyle22 Win User

Xbox Game Bar

Currently having the same issue after going through hours of trying to figure out how to open the NAT type on both PC and xbox, it finally lets me fully connect to the party but will not let me hear anything and my friends cannot hear me. my mic shows
    that is working, I have tried both xbox (beta) app, console companion app and game bar. my mic says it is talking, all input and output device setting are correct. Im at a loss
  3. julosjc Win User

Xbox game chat not working

Hi there, make sure you are using a headset that is compatible with the console (check manufacturer specs). Other than that go to your audio settings and make sure your input and output is in the desired settings. so if you are using a headset with a mic
    - mic input should be headset and if you want game and chat audio to be in the headset as well - select this as well.

Good luck
  4. ameierk Win User

Microphone not working for Game Bar

Did you try muting the headset mic and making sure the external mic is unmuted?

If it still doesn't work, left click the volume button on the bottom left of your screen, near the time and date. Now click sound settings. Try changing the input and output there.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox One Stereo Adapter

You'd buy the adapter and plug it into the controller. The headset adapter for the controller provides both mic and audio output support.
  6. SurlierSky Win User

HD AV Cable - Bad sound

The mic/line in on your PC may be one of several things:

A mono mic socket: This is too sensitive for the line outputs of the XBbox

A stereo mic socket: same as above

A combined line/mic socket. If it is, and you'll have to check the spec of your PC, there will be a software switch to fiddle with so that the card doesn't use the Mic (high sensitivity) setting for the socket. Look in the taskbar for a speaker icon and
    start there.

The output from the Xbox audio is a high-level signal which will distort when plugged into low-level mic sockets. Not all PC's have stereo line inputs, but many have mic only inputs.

A final option if you have an Optical input on your PC is to use the optical out from the back of the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input - Similar Threads - Game Bar Recording

2. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  3. Why I cant open xbox game bar and record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cant open xbox game bar and record: I accidently delete a file name Gamedvr. I think it might be the reason why I cant open xbox game bar and record it. I will be grateful if someone help me figuring this out and fix this problem...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On: Xbox Game Bar will record game audio and other people talking just fine when using the "Record last 30 seconds option", but will only record my mic if I use the manual record feature, or check the...
  5. Xbox Game Bar. Is there a way I can fix my recording size? as shown it records my game but...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar. Is there a way I can fix my recording size? as shown it records my game but...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Zechteri [link] [comments]
  6. xbox game bar recording

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar recording: hey so i am trying to record minecraft and other games on 60 fps for clipping stuff like fights with the xbox game bar because obs doesnt work anymore, and when i do it in fullscreen the fps on...
  7. How can I run Xbox Game Bar screen-recording on my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I run Xbox Game Bar screen-recording on my PC?: Hey Today, Lvr19 told me that he can record his screen with Xbox Game Bar. His PC is Intel Pentium n3700 with 4GB RAM and 1.6 GHz. I was stunned. My PC is Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 4GB RAM and...
  8. when i am opening game bar to record screen a error message appears saying "sorry this pc...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i am opening game bar to record screen a error message appears saying "sorry this pc...: [img] this is what appears when i try to record screen 217171b7-8bf0-437d-80ec-3cb35a32cfb2
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recording Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Recording Error: Hi, I have problem with my Xbox Game Bar. When I hit it to record, there is warning said "gaming feature aren't available for windows desktop or file explorer". It keep saying the warning even...
  10. Windows Screen Recording via Xbox Game Bar - Capture retrieval error

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Screen Recording via Xbox Game Bar - Capture retrieval error: I'm trying to record my screen activity via Windows Gaming (Windows + G) but shows "There was a problem getting your captures. Try again in a bit" Anyone else? Is there a fix? Thx...