Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on."

Discus and support Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on." in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I switch back to a game I get this notification and I don't want to receive it. I want the microphone recording to remain on but I don't want... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kanii, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Kanii
    Kanii Guest

Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on."

Whenever I switch back to a game I get this notification and I don't want to receive it. I want the microphone recording to remain on but I don't want to receive the notification every time I change focus back to a game.

I've already looked in the game-bar settings and have turned off a couple of things that should prevent me from receiving it but that didn't work.

So how do I disable it? Is there even a way to begin with.

:)

Kanii, Feb 28, 2021
  2. xNI COLOSSUSx Win User

DVR Not recording

I had same issue of the dvr not recording when i requested ' xbox record that' I was getting the notification saying that the clip was being recorded however there was no notification saying that the recording had ended. However the dvr recorded automatically
    when being promoted etc.

My fix was the snap the game dvr while playing the game so that its on in the background. Now all my xbox record that requests are now being saved and ready for editing
  3. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Windows 10 Gamebar Mouse Cursor

Hey Ilisuan,

1. Press Windows key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select Captures from the left pane.
    3. Under Background recording, toggle the switch to right for Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    4. Try recording the game now.

For additional information, you can refer Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  5. Cheetahgamer247 Win User

what is this option in game bar recording?

You can open Game bar and click record. That allows you to record for how ever long you need. Yes it will be one file but it slows the game down and displays a recording icon. you can also record the last 10 minutes without the slow down and icon that
    is what Recording in the background is.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on." - Similar Threads - game bar notification

2. can't disconnect Twitter from Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    can't disconnect Twitter from Xbox Game Bar: Hi there, does anyone know how to disconnect Twitter from xbox game bar? 3de269ba-46a1-4060-a543-3faed202f832
  3. Xbox game bar record not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar record not working: When I try to record Arma III (Modded) I get error code 0x80070003. Anyone know what this is and how to fix it? It has no issue recording other things such as my browser or discord so I assume...
  4. Xbox game bar Party problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar Party problem: When I click the start party on my Xbox game bar, it says "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later" This has been going on for over a month. Does anyone have a solution?...
  5. Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language

in XBoX on Windows
    Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language: I live in Germany, but I speak and use Windows 10 in English. My W10 region is set to Germany. I already tried changing the region to US, resetting the Game Bar app, reinstalling the Xbox app and...
  6. Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language

in XboX Insiders
    Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language: [IMG] I live in Germany, but I speak and use Windows 10 in English. My W10 region is set to Germany. I already tried changing the region to US, resetting the Game Bar app, reinstalling the Xbox...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On: Xbox Game Bar will record game audio and other people talking just fine when using the "Record last 30 seconds option", but will only record my mic if I use the manual record feature, or check the...
  8. Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen: Hello! I saw one thread in the past discuss this problem with HDR games having issues when you either have an achievement pop up, a message, an invite, or simply opening up the game bar mid game...
  9. Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications: I am unable to join LIVE parties from my PC. I get no notifications of invites neither in Xbox Companion App nor in Xbox Game Bar. I can join voice chat but not parties. When I see my friends in a...
  10. How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?: Since the most recent update to the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows 10, I now get a notification any time an Xbox Live friend sends me a message, however, I can't see any way to turn this off. Xbox...