Xbox Game Bar PC Not starting properly

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar PC Not starting properly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It's been fine the last few days, but whenever I press the key to open it (WIN+G) It locks my mouse so I can't interact with anything on my desktop or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bonadife Cheeto, May 23, 2020 at 12:03 PM.

1. Xbox Game Bar PC Not starting properly

It's been fine the last few days, but whenever I press the key to open it (WIN+G) It locks my mouse so I can't interact with anything on my desktop or in game however the game bar never actually appears. When I press the key to open it again, my mouse
    will return to normal.

:)

Bonadife Cheeto, May 23, 2020 at 12:03 PM
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

check in the store to see if there is a gamebar update.
  3. Bonadife Cheeto Win User

Checked the store just now, It's up to date.
  4. Goatsnatcher Win User

Does MS seem to have limited purse strings?

I'd love to use the game bar in pc games, it be good to share screen shots with friends on xbox. The thing just doesn't work properly in full screen though. I managed to take a screen of a game on pc through the game bar, when I went to share it, it just
    came up as not recognised. Think it was the witcher.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  6. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar PC Not starting properly - Similar Threads - Game Bar starting

2. Game bar recording everything.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar recording everything.: I have set game bar to record game audio only however it sees all applications as a game and records all audio. Is there a way i can set what game bar sees as a game and what it shouldn't??...
  3. does not start Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    does not start Xbox Game Bar: Does not start Xbox Game Bar. Nothing happens at all. 8de27c6e-6e1e-4aa3-b48e-bb270a950ceb
  4. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds: Hi there, Some game bar settings are being ignored and I'm not sure where to start. Firstly, my microphone is set to "turn on by default when I record" but ever time I start recording, my mic is...
  5. Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up: Hello, I bought a pc gamer a few days ago. Wanting to open the XBOX GAME BAR to join my friends in a game, 2 error messages appear. By clicking OK on both errors, the app is still functional but...
  6. Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC: I have a PC and everything I start a game, I can hover the mouse to the top edge or the bottom edge, and this will bring the bars up. How do I turn off that future. it is really un-immersive when...
  7. How to start mixer broadcast on XBOX Game Bar on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to start mixer broadcast on XBOX Game Bar on Windows 10: Somehow the settings of the XBOX Game Bar have changed. The button for an instant broadcast aren't there anymore. Does anyone know, how to start a mixer broadcast directly out of the game bar?...
  8. How to start a party with game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    How to start a party with game bar: I don't get invite or notifcations from the xbox console companion app, so I have to use game bar to get invites but I can't see any easy way of inviting people to games / starting a normal party...
  9. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat: With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the game bar, My friends are saying that I invited...
  10. NOT LOADING, the game does start first black loading screen with grey loading wheel and bar is ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NOT LOADING, the game does start first black loading screen with grey loading wheel and bar is ...: As the title says, I've tried reinstalling the premium edition(thanks for making me waste 110 gigs of internet data by the way) and still not working, tried hard reset did nothing. Fix this or...