[Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working

Discus and support [Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For almost a year now, my game bar is not showing me any notifications. Not about achievements, no party invites, no game invites, nothing. No sound... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gytax, Jul 31, 2022.

1. /u/Gytax
    /u/Gytax Guest

For almost a year now, my game bar is not showing me any notifications. Not about achievements, no party invites, no game invites, nothing. No sound plays and I don't see the notification either.

I've reported this problem three times now in the Feedback app, but it's still the same story.

It's getting quite annoying when I'm trying to play games with my friends. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Resetting the Game Bar app and settings
    • Making sure Game Bar is allowed to show notifications
    • Making sure Focus Assist of off
    • Change settings for Fullscreen Optimization
    • Even a Windows 10 repair install
    • Went over all app defaults by protocol and set Xbox Game Bar where I could

I do notice that there 2 entries of Game Bar when I look through the 'Set defaults by app' list, unsure if that's related.

My Game Bar version is 5.822.7211.0

Does anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Gytax
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gytax, Jul 31, 2022
  2. GivemeDaLoot166 Win User

Xbox Companion App Party Invitations

You need to turn the notifications on in your PC itself. Just go to your PC settings to find where the notification settings are and turn it on. Make sure you get on your game settings in your pc and make sure game bar is on as well.
  3. XBF John Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Thank you for the clarifications, so it looks like the Game Bar is the only program that does not have a setting to silence or ignore those. I assume, even with the Epic Games store, FH5 is an Xbox game that requires Xbox authentication, so regardless of platform, the system will connect those achievements in regard to rewards all the same.

If that is the case with the Game Bar App I think most if not all other notifications appear in the Xbox App - that is achievements and party invites. I would recommend testing it personally, as I have seen these notifications in the App myself but want to make sure this works for you as well. I've sent an ask to a team about it to see if there is a way to single out these notifications, but overall, it may be easier, for now, to silence game bar notifications completely - not the Mobile or Xbox App on PC and see if the relevant notifications appear there, rather than the Game Bar.

When I have a solution or answer from the aforementioned team, I'll share what answer I can from them.

Thank you,

4. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Why cant i receive party notifications on my PC with the "Xbox Console Companion" app anymore?

Hey there, VinnyKee

Most of these settings have been moved in the Windows Game bar. Press Win+G to load up the game bar where you will see notifications.

On my PC and Surface, I do get notifications through the game bar

Regards,
  5. Balistic Chick Win User

Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox, the Game Bar, etc.?

Windows game bar is a nuisance to me, i have all notifications turned off on my pc and with the app itself and i still get notifications from it across my screen. i dont use my pc for gaming i just want this app to stop sending unwanted notifications when
    i have them all turned off
  6. David 42 Win User

Console Companion messages from friends keep repeating over and over again in Notifications

It supports messages. It supports person-to-person messages, one-on-one chat. What it doesn't support is Group Messaging, which is what the Game Bar is for. The problem isn't with the Console Companion or Game Bar, it's with how the messages are being sent
    through the Notifications app (in the lower right hand corner of any PC) and how message notifications are endlessly repeating, both in the Notifications window, and the pop-ups that slide in from the right side of the screen.
Thema:

1. [Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working - Similar Threads - Game Bar Notifications

2. How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?: I keep on getting the same series of notifications that look like this: [img] There is no obvious setting the UI that I can see to disable this notification which is continually distracting me...
  3. Xbox game bar achievement notification wrong language

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar achievement notification wrong language: Hello. I'm playing Halo master chief collection on steam. It runs just fine.. But the xbox game bar achievement notification is in Danish. I would like it in English please. My system is set to...
  4. Xbox Game Bar(Or Xbox on PC in general) Notification Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar(Or Xbox on PC in general) Notification Issue: Recently been having a problem where whenever a friend of mine sends me an game invite or party invite. I get no notification. not just having no sound play to indicate but actually not even...
  5. Xbox Game Bar notifications make screen go black for 2-3 seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar notifications make screen go black for 2-3 seconds: Recently I have been having issues with Xbox Game Bar notifications forcing the screen black for a few seconds. I've seen a bunch of posts online about this but all the ones I could find were...
  6. Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on."

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar notification "Starting background recording, microphone recording is on.": Whenever I switch back to a game I get this notification and I don't want to receive it. I want the microphone recording to remain on but I don't want to receive the notification every time I...
  7. Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language

in XBoX on Windows
    Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language: I live in Germany, but I speak and use Windows 10 in English. My W10 region is set to Germany. I already tried changing the region to US, resetting the Game Bar app, reinstalling the Xbox app and...
  8. Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language

in XboX Insiders
    Help... I tried everything: Game Bar achievements notifications in different language: [IMG] I live in Germany, but I speak and use Windows 10 in English. My W10 region is set to Germany. I already tried changing the region to US, resetting the Game Bar app, reinstalling the Xbox...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic Unless Notifications Turned On: Xbox Game Bar will record game audio and other people talking just fine when using the "Record last 30 seconds option", but will only record my mic if I use the manual record feature, or check the...
  10. Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen: Hello! I saw one thread in the past discuss this problem with HDR games having issues when you either have an achievement pop up, a message, an invite, or simply opening up the game bar mid game...