Xbox Game Bar recording: Microphone turning off

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar recording: Microphone turning off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had this issues for so many time I gave up. But now I want to know why it isn't workin. Here's the problem. Everytime I start recording using the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZackLarose, Nov 17, 2021.

1. ZackLarose
    ZackLarose Guest

I had this issues for so many time I gave up.

But now I want to know why it isn't workin. Here's the problem.

Everytime I start recording using the xbox game bar, my microphone turns itself off for no reason. So if I want to hear myself, I need to enable it manually, even if it was ON before I start recording. This is the same when I record the last 30sec. But this time my mic just didn't record at all.

This is a very frustrating issue that I tried countless time to fix. I had the same on my previous PC.

Everything is enable in my Privacy setting, my mic is working perfectly fine. It just for some unknow reason, Xbox Game Bar don't want to record me.

Help...

:)

ZackLarose, Nov 17, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Zack welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Okay try this: Open the Settings app (the gear in the start menu)

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
  6. Windows&Macos Win User

Stopping Xbox pop ups when opening Adobe Audition

Go to Settings->Gaming->Game Bar and turn off "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar"

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar recording: Microphone turning off - Similar Threads - Game Bar recording

2. Game bar recording in small window

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar recording in small window: [img] As you can see in this photo, gamebar is not recording properly which is very weird. I'm being forced to use OBS instead. The game is being played in 1440P, the video records in 1440P...
  3. Game Bar doesn't record microphone on 'all' but it does on 'game'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone on 'all' but it does on 'game': Hey everyone! The title may be a bit confusing, but i need some help. I want to clip some thing in games when I play with my friends. When I'm playing alone and my recording settings are put on...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Not Letting Me Record/Capture: Hi. Recently, I've noticed whenever I try to record or capture on the Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't let me. The record button is greyed out. I've tried to repair the app, reset the app and download...
  5. Xbox game bar recordings are too bright!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar recordings are too bright!: When I record or record past few seconds with xbox game bar, the video is always too bright for some reason, does someone know why and how to fix this? What it should look like: [img] What it...
  6. Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar captures recording at the wrong resolution and with a black outer layer.: This is only happening with Forza Horizon 5 but here's an image of a clip. [img] 3ab1933a-004c-413e-bb52-ffbe5a64e6d0
  7. Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...: Computer Configuration Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 17.3" 144Hz GSync, RTX 2080MQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.258) Xbox Game Bar Version: 5.721.9022.0...
  8. Has Microsoft implemented the game bar recording transparency yet?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has Microsoft implemented the game bar recording transparency yet?: So, it's been 4 years and I still hear people complaining about this in online forums. Is there a way to make the "recording game" status transparent? [img] Right now It is still a block of...
  9. Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone audio when recording last 30 seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone audio when recording last 30 seconds: Hi, I usually play videogames and I sometimes want to record last 30 seconds with the audio, because I want to save those moments, but since my SSD broke, and I got the new one, the Game Bar...
  10. Xbox Game Bar not recording my microphone audio.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not recording my microphone audio.: I use game bar to record clips on pc of games I play and no matter how many forums I look at or settings I check and change, the "Record last Minute" option will NOT pick up my mic audio. I had it...