Xbox game bar recordings not saving

Discus and support Xbox game bar recordings not saving in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Spongebobs, I want to clear out that this is not an urgent problem, but I would enjoy if it was solved AHEM, so I was playing geometry dash... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MisterSquidwardPerson, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Xbox game bar recordings not saving

Hello Spongebobs, I want to clear out that this is not an urgent problem, but I would enjoy if it was solved

AHEM, so I was playing geometry dash verifying a level. So, I record it on Xbox gamebag, I get really far in a level and look for the file. I saw the file nowhere in the game bar or file explorer. I want to post this on my YouTube, so I really want that file. Thank you in advance to whoever reads this and cares enough to answer it

:)

MisterSquidwardPerson, Jul 2, 2022
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate!

May I know if you double check where clips are saved on your computer via Xbox game bar settings?

Also, you could try checking temp folder and see if it's there:

Open Windows Search by clicking on it or with the Win + S shortcut, then enter “%temp%” into the search box, and then click on its entry when it comes up.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Clips aren't showing up/sometimes corrupted.

Hello GamerCon7,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Windows 10 computer is not saving clips, and the files that are being saved do not show your gameplay. Are you able to

record game clips
    by pressing the windows logo key+Alt+R? The article we provided contains instructions on how to record game clips. It also explains that for some PC games, Game Bar won't appear full screen. If this article does not resolve the issue,
    we have another article for
    troubleshooting Game Bar
    on Windows 10. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. GamerCon7 Win User

Clips aren't showing up/sometimes corrupted.

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Windows 10 computer is not saving clips, and the files that are being saved do not show your gameplay. Are you able to

record game clips
    by pressing the windows logo key+Alt+R? The article we provided contains instructions on how to record game clips. It also explains that for some PC games, Game Bar won't appear full screen. If this article does not resolve the issue,
    we have another article for
    troubleshooting Game Bar
    on Windows 10. Be sure to let us know the results!
    Thanks for the tip. This command does work, and it is saved every time. However, this starts and stops recording, which I will use. But I would also like if I was able to clip the last 30 seconds (my command is ctrl+alt+g), this is the one that isn't working
    properly.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

How to Recover lost Clips? (Windows 10 Xbox Recorder)

Hi CraftyCat1000,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to try and help here.

Whatever was recorded is what was saved to your storage device so there would be no way to recover what gameplay was not captured when you press the shortcut. Open your Windows settings and go into Gaming. In the Xbox Game Bar settings you can set how far
    back you want to record, which should be set to 30 secs by default, but in order for the clips to be properly recorded and saved you need to make sure that the recorder is always on and recording in the background. If not, then whatever you played previously
    was not being recorded. You can turn on that setting from the Xbox Game Bar settings.

Make sure you have that set up correctly and try recording a clip again to see if it captures correctly.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar recordings not saving - Similar Threads - game bar recordings

2. Xbox Game Bar record last 30 seconds not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar record last 30 seconds not working: When I press Win+Alt+G to record the last 30 seconds it doesn't work for me. I tried changing the keybinds but it still won't work. But it works just fine with regular recordings. I'm on Windows...
  3. Xbox Game Bar will not record audio while recording device is being used by another...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar will not record audio while recording device is being used by another...: I have Xbox Game Bar on my computer as I use it to record game clips, that gets pretty irritating to do if Xbox Game Bar won't record my microphone and only my friends'. I have all the settings...
  4. xbox game bar recording lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game bar recording lag: I just resetted my pc and launched xbox game bar, I tried to record with high quality setting and 60fps an it was very laggy before I reset my pc the xbox game bar app was recording very smoothly...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Audio Recording Not Working Properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Audio Recording Not Working Properly: I'm trying to clip lunar client (Minecraft) on my laptop. I have set the audio (via audio settings on game bar) to record only my game, however it is still recording my system sounds (e.g. game...
  6. Xbox PC Game Bar Recordings on mobile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC Game Bar Recordings on mobile: Hello ! I use my desktop PC very often, & to record clips I use the Xbox Game Bar. I have a lot of recordings on my PC, & I was wondering if there was any way I could view those recordings on...
  7. Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out: I use the "record last 30s" a lot and I noticed that if I tab out it just stops recording the audio permanently, in game as well, until I mute and unmute my mic. Why is this happening? EDIT: It...
  8. Xbox game bar recordings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar recordings: I had my captures folder saved to a harddrive that failed and now all of my clips are saved to the temp folder with no "captures" folder on the site. I don't know how to save these clips to a new...
  9. Xbox game bar recording glitchy when watching back

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar recording glitchy when watching back: Hello! Recently my xbox game bar recorder seems to be broken. Regardless of what game I play, if I play on fullscreen or not or how do I start the recording, every time I watch back the recording...
  10. When using Xbox game bar on PC, how do you record the last 30 seconds and continue recording?

in XBoX on Windows
    When using Xbox game bar on PC, how do you record the last 30 seconds and continue recording?: Title. There's an option to record the last 30 seconds, but then that's it, it doesn't seem like there's an option to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay and then continue the recording, so...