Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording

Discus and support Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I record a video of my screen with xbox game bar the timer that shows up stays in the video that is recorder for some reason and i'm not sure why... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JoeJoestar1, Jul 22, 2021.

1. JoeJoestar1
    JoeJoestar1 Guest

When I record a video of my screen with xbox game bar the timer that shows up stays in the video that is recorder for some reason and i'm not sure why since i've also tried a dozen different fixes I found on the internet. Some important details are that this issue only occurs when I record a video of the game called "red dead redemption 2" and that this issue has recently started happening and has not been a problem until quite recently

:)

JoeJoestar1, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi JOEJOESTAR1, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Seems like the background recording is not enabled on your PC.

Please try the steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bac...

Enable Background Recording:

Refer Background recording settings in Captures on Windows 10 to know how to enable the Background Recording.
  3. JhonSnow777 Win User

support

how do I hide the timer during my recordings with the xbox app?
    • Windows logo key+Alt+T: Show/hide the recording timer
  4. MadokaK Win User

ゲームDVRの録画タイマーの移動について[Translation-About moving the game DVR recording timer]

Eventually I realized a solution to this problem.
    The recording timer icon does not move when used alone.
    However, I noticed that if I started recording with the game bar displayed, it could move.
    After moving once, it will be displayed in the same position by itself.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar

Try press Win +G again to see if the Timers Hide
  6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording - Similar Threads - game bar timer

2. Xbox Game Bar Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Issue: So every time I record my Fortnite gameplay and want to tab out of Fortnite to Discord to see a message or something, the recording ends when I go back to Fortnite. This can get really annoying...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not Working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not Working.: Hey guys! For some reason, when I try tick the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar" box, it wont actually enable it, and when i close settings and reopen it and go...
  4. xbox game bar not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar not working: so this glitch has been happening for about 2 days and its really annoying whenever i open the xbox game bar , it says shows me the sign in button. when i click it, it says signing in and after...
  5. Xbox game bar still opens when I press home on my controller when playing cloud

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar still opens when I press home on my controller when playing cloud: It gives me the pop-up "When pressing [home] in a cloud gaming session it opens cloud controls. Press [Windows] + G to open game bar." This is all fine and good if it just opened cloud controls...
  6. Why is the download speed on xbox game bar so terrible?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the download speed on xbox game bar so terrible?: Does anyone have a clue why the download speeds are terrible on xbox game store? steam is downloading at 200mbs and xbox is at 7mbs why?? is it that steam is just better? or am i missing something...
  7. [PC] Game bar issues with looking for group tool

in XBoX on Windows
    [PC] Game bar issues with looking for group tool: Ever since i got new hardware and reinstalled windows my "looking for group" tool inside gamebar has not worked properly. Im currently experiencing the following issues. 1. I can only sign to...
  8. XBox Game Bar Recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar Recording: When I press Windows+G and start my recording, everything is ok. But when I check back my videos in the file explorer, there are no recorded videos at all. May I know how to solve this problem?...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So whenever I used to record on Xbox game bar, everything was normal and when I was recording my Fortnite game and then switching to a different window (the window isn't in fullscreen) like...
  10. Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar: The timers annoying and for some reason i can't hide it background recording is on and the timer is still showing and win alt t is not hiding it, i would rather not have to hit record every 10...