Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have been trying to do a video capture with the Xbox Game Bar. My capture is totally disabled, including screenshots on the Xbox Game Bar. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ExoWraith, Nov 15, 2021.

1. ExoWraith
    ExoWraith Guest

I have been trying to do a video capture with the Xbox Game Bar.

My capture is totally disabled, including screenshots on the Xbox Game Bar.

I have not managed to find a solution. Currently on Windows 11.

Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture [​IMG]

:)

ExoWraith, Nov 15, 2021
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox app iOS

No, you can only upload content from your Xbox or clips captured with the Xbox Game Bar on PC.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  5. Hao S Win User

Can you use x box game bar to screen capture?

my point was since xbox game bar is capable of screen capture can I just have it capture my screen i.e. just as a screen capture to show for instance where saves and files are or just screen capture on windows explorer to show where to move files...
    etc not just for games
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Xbox Game Bar Captures

Hello @Crammer101 , I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, please make sure to follow the following steps in order to fix your issue.

Please follow the the instructions on both links first:

Fix problems with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar - Unable to Capture - Similar Threads - Game Bar Unable

2. Unable To Install Game Bar on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable To Install Game Bar on PC: When attempting to install Xbox Game Bar from the Microsoft Store, the app downloads, says "Installing" the times out and the error code listed is 0x80073D05. I've tried resetting the Microsoft...
  3. Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...: Ok, so recently Xbox Game Bar stop working due to me not being able to access the apps settings so i cant use Xbox Game Bar, also i now CANT ACCEPT INVITES TO GAMES, if there is a a solution plz...
  4. Unable to open the XBOX Game Bar using shortcuts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to open the XBOX Game Bar using shortcuts.: Hello there everyone! With the XBOX App you have the XBOX Game Bar that is used to join multiplayer games and get invited to groups. My XBOX Game Bar won't activate when I press Windows Key +...
  5. Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to login to Xbox app or Xbox game bar on Windows 10: I did a reset to my pc a few days ago and I tried to log in to Xbox but I click "Sign In" and the Xbox windows flashes for a second and goes away. I have tried signing in with the Xbox app and it...
  6. Unable to Enable xbox Game Bar via Settings or Registry

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Enable xbox Game Bar via Settings or Registry: In settings > gaming, the toggle for "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" does not stay toggled on. Switching to another settings page, or closing and reopening, will...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live parties through game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to connect to xbox live parties through game bar: When I attempt to join parties through the game bar, I am stuck connecting. I can not hear anyone, and it never actually connects. 859add41-3f24-4fef-b24a-7315d157bb88
  8. Unable to enable xbox game bar via settings or registry

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to enable xbox game bar via settings or registry: I can't get game bar to launch. Clicking it does nothing, and i'm unable to uninstall it to try and install clean from msft store (uninstall option is grayed out in settings; it doesn't show up in...
  9. Xbox game bar unable to background record.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar unable to background record.: Hi there. I'm having issues with my gamebar, and I'm on desktop. It opens fine, and the captures tab opens but whenever I try to begin recording or start background recording, I always get a, "We...
  10. The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (sometimes with an error...