Xbox game bar, why did it not capture my screen?

Discus and support Xbox game bar, why did it not capture my screen? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi everybody. After one hour of recording my screen for a project with the Xbox game bar on my PC, suddenly it said something like "Your recording did... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by acheronta, Apr 6, 2020.

1. acheronta
    acheronta Guest

Hi everybody. After one hour of recording my screen for a project with the Xbox game bar on my PC, suddenly it said something like "Your recording did not work, error XXXXXXX" (I can not recall what error was it because I became really nervous). So the
    thing is, can I somehow recover my recording, even a small part of it, or was all my work for nothing? Please help, I do not know what to do, and thanks in advance.

:)

acheronta, Apr 6, 2020
  2. mk4Y Win User

You have to check the folder where you wanted to save your files. Maybe there is a little chance to check also the ".temp" folder. So if you don't find any files, they're unfortunetly lost.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

They only thing I can suggest is looking at the folder where the video's are saved and looking at it with the hidden files also view-able.

Even if you do find a video there, it's likely to be corrupt and won't play. If there is nothing there then I'm afraid it didn't save and there won't be a way to retrieve it.

Game Bar uses your PCs graphics hardware to encode video's in real-time. Since this is accomplished in hardware, you can actually use third party applications to do the same thing. These other apps can even record your desktop.

If you have a gaming PC with a dedicated GPU from NVIDIA or AMD, you download their free software to do the same video recording that Game Bar can do.
  4. ViktorStojq Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

The reason why I cannot do this is because my xBox Games Bar won't even open. Yes, I'm well aware that I could deinstall my captures but I cannot open the Game Bar when I'm playing a game. That is my question, how to fix that?
  5. Hao S Win User

Can you use x box game bar to screen capture?

my point was since xbox game bar is capable of screen capture can I just have it capture my screen i.e. just as a screen capture to show for instance where saves and files are or just screen capture on windows explorer to show where to move files...
    etc not just for games
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

Hi Ma Ho,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

As you have stated, broadcasting directly to Mixer has been removed from the Xbox Game Bar in a recent update for the Game Bar. There is no indication the feature will come back to the Game Bar, so as of now the feature is gone for good to make room for
    other more requested features.

As far as why your captures are not showing in that window, have you restarted your PC and checked the Microsoft Store app if there are any recent updates for Xbox Game Bar? Have you tried changing the location of where the captures are saved?

Be sure to let us know!
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar, why did it not capture my screen? - Similar Threads - game bar why

2. Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...: [img] oben ist bei mir und unten ist bei anderen [Translate] above is with me and down is at other [img] Und laut windows ist mein System Aktuell und es liegen keine Updates vor. [Translate]...
  3. Why doesn't inviting/getting invited to a party work in Xbox Game Bar???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't inviting/getting invited to a party work in Xbox Game Bar???: Hi, I have been trying to solve this issue for months now, but it is still frankly pissing me off, because the only solution I have found to it is restarting my whole PC. Basically, when I get...
  4. Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...: Can anyone assist me? The Terminate Button for the Gaming Bar is inop. Why is it there if it is inoperative? ***Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Xbox on Windows***...
  5. Does anyone know why my game bar will only look like this , or how to fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know why my game bar will only look like this , or how to fix it?: [IMG] submitted by /u/KingKrmit [link] [comments]
  6. Por que meu Xbox Game Bar é diferente??[Translation-Why is my Xbox Game Bar different???]

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que meu Xbox Game Bar é diferente??[Translation-Why is my Xbox Game Bar different???]: [img] Não aparece as conquistas, amigos e o botão de overlay. [Translation-Achievements, friends and the overlay button do not appear.] 2f5d7b83-a108-463c-a784-252f8b9c5eb5
  7. Por que meu Xbox Game Bar é diferente? [Mod Translation - Why is my Xbox Game Bar different?]

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que meu Xbox Game Bar é diferente? [Mod Translation - Why is my Xbox Game Bar different?]: [img] Não aparece as conquistas, amigos e etc. [Mod Translation - No achievements, friends, etc. appear.] de635ca1-3ad3-4fa1-b3c1-29b9e5d39ef9
  8. 为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]

in XBoX on Windows
    为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]: [img] 前段时间还能用game bar调节音量,这两天不知道按了什么,就变成了这 ,没有办法调节了 [Translation-Some time ago can also use game bar to adjust the volume, these two days do not know what to press, it becomes this, there is no...
  9. Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?: Hey Gamers ! Anyone else every been baffled why only L4D(2) had a pivot option ? A pal of mine who played through all of the L4D franch with me asked a simple question (someone who isn't a...
  10. Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warum sieht meine spielleiste anders aus als bei anderen [Translate] Why does my game bar...: [img] oben ist bei mir und unten ist bei anderen [Translate] above is with me and down is at other [img] 9af58768-01b2-46d6-a39e-b0f778da7358