Xbox game chat not working

Discus and support Xbox game chat not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a couple of months now i have had issues with my game chat. My party chat has always worked and ive never had any problems with it only game chat,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chrisgerard, Feb 15, 2020.

1. chrisgerard
    chrisgerard Guest

For a couple of months now i have had issues with my game chat. My party chat has always worked and ive never had any problems with it only game chat, ive tried everything i can think of but nothing works.

:)

chrisgerard, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

For what game? Or in general? Because it can be something as simple as an in game setting.
  3. Emily0710 Win User

I personally have issues with game chat in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I always double check my headset connection, and make sure my mic is closer to my mouth than usual when I am in a normal Xbox party. Most times you have to speak a lot louder with
    game chat for it to register. Also make sure you aren't in an active Xbox party. Sometimes my game chat will not work if I'm in a party whether I switch to the game chat option or not. Hope this helps!
  4. Frankalore the Merci Win User

Have you checked any restrictions you may have on your console. I think some parental controls may restrict game chat or voice communications with randoms.
  5. zeroice007 Win User

Can you please explain what you mean by not working? You hear nothing? Sound is weak? etc. I personally would tweak settings or if you hear nothing possibly restart the console and please check the cables of course. If you never had an issue before and
    this just happened then you most likely either have a cable issue . But please elaborate on the issue??? Is it within the game etc can you hear your tv etc thru your phones etc. Trying to see what works and what doesnt to assist you. We can say tweak the chat
    settings? But if you get no sound at all or nothing works that will not make a difference. So just elaborate a bit.
  6. Reactor Leak SF Win User

First thing i would do is maybe a soft factory reset (keep app and games). Itll take a bit but it might reset the chat issues.

This is assuming of course youve already done the hard reset of the console (power. Button For about 10 seconds to shut it down)
Thema:

1. Xbox game chat not working - Similar Threads - game chat working

2. Elite Controller Series 2 game chat mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 game chat mic not working: Hi there When I use game chat, I can hear them but they can't hear me. It's fine in Xbox Party cut, just game chat is the problem When I use a regular controller, everything is fine. The...
  3. mic works in party chat, not in game chat xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    mic works in party chat, not in game chat xbox one x: I purchased a new NBA 2k edtition xbox one x from game stop last week. Using the Turtle Beach recon 70 headset, I played COD and Rocket League online with friends. Everything worked great. Two...
  4. Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.: So the last thread about the Astro A50 was not working is the same exact problem I was having. Brand new Astro A50 out of the box generation 4. No one can talk to me in Call of Duty Modern Warfare...
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite): So I have this issue and mainly pin pointed it to my Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller, when I join an xbox party using my headset with the controller, I can hear them and they can hear me, same...
  6. Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat: I have changed the settings made sure the mic was updated it is enabled and I have reset it. c0b4b8a8-1a70-45cb-a148-73f2c86b90f1
  7. Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account: My in-game chat stopped working a couple of months ago. I mostly ignored the issue assuming it was a setting of some kind. When I went to fix the issue recently, I discovered that no matter what...
  8. Mic not working in game chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic not working in game chat: My mic works in party chat no problems, but when in game (Fortnite) nobody can hear me. All settings in game are set properly, to my knowledge all Xbox voice settings are also correct. I have 2...
  9. Game chat not working while in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    Game chat not working while in party chat: Whenever I'm playing games like Rainbow Six Siege or sea of Thieves I prefer to be in a party with my friends sometimes though if we don't have a full squad or we see someone on the Seas you want...
  10. Xbox One party chat not working while playing backwards compatible games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One party chat not working while playing backwards compatible games.: Over the last couple of months, I have been having an issue with the Xbox One party chat while playing backwards compatible games. Upon loading the game, the voice party chat mutes both ways....