Xbox Game Chat

Discus and support Xbox Game Chat in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; First ill state I have no issues with Party chat nor any game audio it is my game chat that does not work no matter the game. From Overwatch to COD I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TVize, Apr 27, 2020.

1. TVize
    TVize Guest

Xbox Game Chat

First ill state I have no issues with Party chat nor any game audio it is my game chat that does not work no matter the game. From Overwatch to COD I am unable to hear and talk to people in game chat. It used to be occasional and only happens every couple
    of days and now seems to consistently not work in game chat. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix the issue.

:)

TVize, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Unknowngamer1st Win User

xbox headset

are you doing Xbox chat or game chat? If you are doing game chat there are issues with fortnite atm dealing with game chat but you can try to turn off and on party chat settings and make sure that within the game that you want to be in-game chat or party
    chat within the lobby.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  4. Vinny #1 Win User

Fortnite Mic Issue

Have you checked the game's chat settings? In some cases it may be disabled or set to xbox group chat instead of in-game chat.
  5. CHORAS DEN Win User

Live chat was working, now can't hear each other

Party chat is a voice chatroom that resides in the operating system of the Xbox. Game chat is the chat feature built into a certain game. Party chat allows users to chat while playing different game titles. Do a search on Xbox.com about NAT ratings.
  6. TVize Win User

Xbox Game Chat

It is for every game, When I am in a party and I go to game chat it does not work when I am not even in a party it does not work and for Overwatch it tells you when you are in game chat and yet I still can not hear or talk to anyone although it will show
    when others are talking.
Thema:

Xbox Game Chat

1. Xbox Game Chat - Similar Threads - Game Chat

2. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat: Hello, I'm using xbox game bar and I would like to use the voice chat feature. I have a few questions: How do I mute myself? How do I leave the voice chat? Here is a picture of what i see:...
  3. I can't select game or party chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't select game or party chat on fortnite: When I am in none of the chats I can chose and join the xbox chat but when I try to chose party or game chat it won't let me? Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can resolve this. I have...
  4. Using an XLR Microphone on Xbox game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using an XLR Microphone on Xbox game chat.: So I am using an XLR microphone, connected to a Focusrite, connected to my PC. I am able to talk in parties and hear the game chat by using the streaming feature using the Xbox companion app. The...
  5. XBOX GAME CHAT STILL ISNT FIXED!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX GAME CHAT STILL ISNT FIXED!!!!!: No matter what game I am playing I am unable to easily go into game chat. It takes multiple steps between starting a party and going to the audio settings and turning my mic on and off and then...
  6. More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    More and more issues with simple game chat yet microsoft continues to update things no one...: Throughout the past months, I am unable to talk in-game chat across all games and this used to be fixable by going into a party and turning off your mic and then back on and it would work. Pain in...
  7. Add an option to have game chat audio while streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Add an option to have game chat audio while streaming: You guys should make it an option to where your viewers can hear game chat well because since cross platform is a thing people can now play with there friends on PlayStation but the viewers can’t...
  8. Mic works in party chat but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works in party chat but not game chat: Im playing overwatch and everytime i get into a comp match and i want to use game chat, i can hear everyone but i cant talk. I tried it on a different controller and i did the same thing, plus i...
  9. Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...: So for years now (I've only cared to fix this recently) I've had an issue where I cannot communicate with any random person online. They cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them. In fact, i can't...
  10. Headset will work in party chat won't work on game chat on Overwatch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset will work in party chat won't work on game chat on Overwatch: When I tried to talk in game?match on Overwatch it acts like my headset is not connected. But When I go into a party it works just fine. I have updated my controller, tried a different controller,...