Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X

Discus and support Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox & Game Developers really need to stop limiting FPS game Titles at 30fps that CAN run 60FPS on the Xbox One X. Just because some players are still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by skatterbrain661, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X

Xbox & Game Developers really need to stop limiting FPS game Titles at 30fps that CAN run 60FPS on the Xbox One X. Just because some players are still on the previous version of Xbox one.

Shortly after the Xbox One X hit the market there was a large discussion & a Really large issue that still remains until today. That Xbox & Game Developers for largely popular online Multiplayer titles had been limiting there game titles at 30fps, when the
    game could run or potentially run at 60fps. On the Xbox One X, which Many people whom Bought the system specifically got it becuse of its power to not only run at 4k but also to have better in Gamer performance. But shortly found out that the power of the
    console they just bought for those reason would be stifled on many of the largest & most popular FPS game titles just because there'd been a lot of players still on the previous less powerful Xbox one.

So that brings up the next issue that many of us Hardcore Xbox gamers should be asking our self's & should Potentially be worried about.

With the Announcement of the Next generation Xbox at this years E3 2019 under the code name of "Project Scarlet".And as we grow closer to the to the release Date of the next Generation being only about 15 months out from the release date. I & others have
    to wonder if this could potentially be another issue we have to face even with the next generation console ( I seriously Hope not & remain optimistic that it Isn't something that we'll have to be worried about ) BUT there's still that slight change we might
    , which is why I'm addressing the issue now, so that Xbox & Game Developers Hear, know & understand that it's a Major issue that the Hardcore Xbox Gamers in the xbox Gaming community cares about. If people spent the money & time to buy the powrful Hardware

then they shouldn't have to be the ones to have that power limited, weather it's the Xbox one X owners or Possibly even the owners of the Next Generation Xbox "Project Scarlet". Especially when Microsoft/Xbox working towards & Xbox Gamers are starting to
    play on mouse & keyboard on cross platform titles, playing with & Against PC players . While trying to play Competitively in the PC / Console Space. Every bit of that power should be getting utilized for the gamer who spent the money to buy the more powerful
    hardware.

Going back to what I said about the next Generation Xbox being only about 15 months out from release. And with that console being Heavily marketed at running games at the lowest frame rate of 60fps up to 120Fps. Then why aren't we seeing all games that CAN
    run at 60fps on the Xbox One X getting the updates to do so Now. when we're only a bit over a year out from the Next Generation Xbox that's expected to run the same exact titles at 60fps or even higher.

For me its frustrating knowing that the industry & Gamers are Potentially being held back, limiting performance of this amazing Hardware in consoles at this point & time. Especially when Microsoft/Xbox is now more then ever making a push towards Xbox & PC
    gaming for console players. We can see that with the release of the Full keyboard & mouse support, The Officially licensed Xbox Razor Turret keyboard & mouse also PC & Xbox Cross play titles. Now as I see it, this as a whole is still in the BETA testing phase
    , becuse it was released along side the Xbox one X more so towards the ending span of the Xbox one X. working on getting Game Developers on board, working on servers/Games & working out the kinks. which is why we only see a limited amount of games so far.
    I feel that this is something that the Next Gen. Is going to more widely adopt & support. So if that's the case then why are the Games that have keyboard & mouse Cross play support on Xbox, that Can run at a solid frame rate of 60fps still being Throttled
    back an locked to 30fps on the Xbox one X still when we're so close to the release of the Next Generation ? To me it makes absolutely No sense.

Allow the Games to Run at there full Potential on the Xbox one X until the release of Project Scarlet. It's that simple

- Update

"This POST has really nothing to do with Xbox directly , or them being the one whom is limiting the the power , only that the power of what they built is Potentially being limited. THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THE GAME DEVS . If you gathered anything other
    then that then you really need to go back read it again & look more into what's written, the context of the meaning & the issue that's actually being addressad. It's clearly a Developer issue & that's said multiple times . microsoft/ Xbox is only mentioned
    because it's the platform & hopefully to catch Microsofts/Xbox attention letting them know that this is something that the Gaming community is aware & concerned about this & to see if they can maybe see if they do something to address the issue by talking
    to Devs about trying to make sure there trying to get every bit out of these consoles & not limit them becauseof old hardware . (NOT FORCING THEM TO DO ANYTHING). It is known & has been known for a very long time that Xbox hands this over to Game Developers
    to handle.( as it should be ) it creates a better atmosphere on the industry. AGAIN this in NO WAY , SHAPE OR FORM having anything to do with XBOX "Directly". If you some how come to the conclusion the Please read & try to understand the context & meaning
    of what is written . You can clearly see in the post I SAY Gamer Devolpers & xbox only in the context of being the platform or trying to grab there attention about the issue. .

But thank you for taking the time to read my post & leaving a comment it's something that I feel strongly about & do have concerns about , as I deeply care about Xbox & the Xbox Community.

:)

skatterbrain661, Jul 15, 2019
  2. J0hnsta115 Win User

Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X

I agree. There is a significant percentage of the market that doesn't have the capable hardware for these settings, but for those who do, there should always be an option. Even something like, "hey, this graphics level may impact performance so it's off
    by default" would be fine, but the option to turn it on needs to be there. It's one thing if developers didn't have the tools to do this, but for ports where it already exists, its a matter of optimizing and giving that option.

It's kind of similar to the problem that the

valve index faces. Sure knuckle controllers are cool and allow for a lot of possibilities, but is it worth the developers time to work to support hardware that a small group of people have for minimal added benefit? It's hard to say, but I hope that eventually
    progress will deem that these performance upgrades are appreciated by those who can use them.
  3. skatterbrain661 Win User

the devs can make games that can run 4k 60 30 or 1080 30 60 thats all up to them
    See that's my point pretty much dead on .. no Devs can run there games at Much higher then just 60fps , people . We have good graphics yes , but now the issue of Performance need to be addressed. The XBOX ONE X can most definitely run games at higher
    then 60fps .

But we pretty much at the point where consoles could easily get rid of the APU which is a GPU & CPU combo . And should running a dedicated GPU . But if you have a laptop that pretty much as the same hardware as a console but run at alot higher speeds , graphics
    & graphics but on console there running a good bit slower . It's not right . Some game Devs aren't taking advantage of the full power on these console . But if it was to be happening on PC this would not be accepted & it should be on console these days
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

I really cant think of any games that I play that run 30fps. Everything I play run 60fps. RDR2 is the only one I can think of that was running 30fps. It ran that way on all platforms. As much as I would like to see at least 60fps I would rather see some
    of the developers fix the tick rates on some of these servers and make sure they are running 60hz. Blackout on blops 4 still feels like its 20 to 30hz. It runs at 60fps, doesnt do me any good if the server tick rates are half that.
  5. GroundOregano94 Win User

I think you are right on some points. Dev's are really holding some games back to have a wide player base. But, with next-generation heavily marketed, both Sony and Microsoft as 4k 60 fps, even 8 k sometimes with raytracing, they will run out of excuses.
  6. luissolid Win User

There's some game that have the opportunity to run at 60fps/4K but the developers now focus and good performance.

Regards!
Thema:

1. Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X - Similar Threads - Game Developers need

2. why the game developers ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why the game developers ???: the last time I play a video games where I have to kill other players was in 2001 with medal of honor 1999 then I quit because even back in 2001 I begin to see people using hack programs to...
  3. Game Development

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Development: I'd probably go with either bathesda or bungi c9c112d3-4618-4f9b-9c4f-7d350863239c
  4. I develop a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I develop a game: Olá! Desenvolvi um jogo (Gamification -Educação lúdica) . Eu gostaria de informações sobre como disponibilizá-lo na plataforma do Windows. Quais são procedimentos para torná-lo acessível aos...
  5. SOLVED - XBox One games publishing, development and console purchase in Malaysia.

in XBoX on Windows
    SOLVED - XBox One games publishing, development and console purchase in Malaysia.: Hi, I noticed there are many similar questions about Xbox One in Malaysia accumulating until now. Therefore, I am going to share this extracted information as reference from Microsoft Xbox One...
  6. Developer Mode - Game vs App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Developer Mode - Game vs App: What's the difference between setting an application as a Game vs an App in Developer Mode on an Xbox One? When I run my game as an App, everything boots normally, but then a cursor appears in my...
  7. How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account?: I’ll wait for the excusses... How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account? You say hackers are the developers are responsible for “security patches” but how do you explain my...
  8. Playing games developed from PC games hurts my eyes while games like Call of Duty don't

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing games developed from PC games hurts my eyes while games like Call of Duty don't: Wondering why it is that when playing games on Xbox One that were developed from PC games like Path of Exile or Tera hurts my eyes - feel like they are drawing, but playing games like Call of Duty...
  9. Developer Reply please : Game not detecting Xbox 360 controller on Win10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Developer Reply please : Game not detecting Xbox 360 controller on Win10 PC: Just as the Title says, game is not detecting my wireless 360 controller at all, FYI, Forza horizon 3 which is also a UWP game is detecting it fine but not this game, Please Reply on how to fix...
  10. Do you need a licsen to develop XBOX games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you need a licsen to develop XBOX games?: Because someone I work with say you don't. And you can make all the XB1 games you want. e213d15d-6179-4295-ab02-e626ce35fa0a