Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

Discus and support Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I understand that with the new Xbox Series "X" , if you insert some of the game disks from the prior gen consoles, you can unlock them on your account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by C0RLoCK, Oct 24, 2020.

1. C0RLoCK
    C0RLoCK Guest

I understand that with the new Xbox Series "X" , if you insert some of the game disks from the prior gen consoles, you can unlock them on your account to download them digitally. I love this idea, however, I am only interested in the series "S" console due
    to not having the money for 4k hardware. My question is: Can... scratch that... "WILL" they make it so you can insert them into a PC to unlock to use on the Series "S" as well? Please consider this, I would love to play my original games again, because both
    of my original xbox consoles died, and I hate to spend money more than once for the same items...

PS- Or, because it has a USB port, just make it able to use an external DVD drive...

:)

C0RLoCK, Oct 24, 2020
  2. CyKoBiOhAzArD Win User

XBOX ONE

Full digital games are available on xbox store :) no disc required
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Question about Xbox One Backwards Compatibility games

It works both ways actually. Either disc or digital, if you buy it digitally... it will be available in your 'ready to install' on your Xbox One console under the same account that bought it digitally on the Xbox 360. Alternatively, if you have a disc
    for it... all you gotta do is pop the disc into the Xbox One and let it install. Here's a list of all the current bc games available. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games
  4. ttttubby Win User

Disc games

Most games are available on discs, but some games are digital only. Also, if you have an xbox one s digital, your only option will be digital games.
  5. Str1keforce69 Win User

Tough to stay all digital

The only digital games i will buy are the ones that are digital only

If its available on disc it will be bought on disc
  6. maxen Win User

The Crew - cannot find a way to download / buy the game for the Xbox 360

I believe this is because The Crew is not available to buy digitally on Xbox 360. It is only available as a disc-based game - you would need to buy the game from a retail store. The downloaded content can be used with the disc copy of the game.

Unlike the Xbox One, not every single Xbox 360 game is available digitally so sometimes you will run into this.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability - Similar Threads - Game Disc Digital

2. Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy: Disc version of call of duty modern warfare wont play it keeps prompting me to purchase game even though there is a disc of the game in the xbox and everything is installed i dont understand why ?...
  3. Owning both disc and digital copies of a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owning both disc and digital copies of a game?: If you already own a physical disc copy of a game, and then purchase a digital copy: would they co-exist on the same console as 2 separate entities? would one take precedence over the other?...
  4. Console full digital - How dowload a disc game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console full digital - How dowload a disc game: We have a full digital xbox and my son bought an NBA 2020 disc. How do I download this game? Or what I can do. return the store, and the Key has already been shaved....
  5. Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc: This is a problem for every game I try to play digitally or through disk. I personally could care less about xbox pre-order problems if I can't even play games that own when I want to. To top it...
  6. Buying Digital Game When I have Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Digital Game When I have Disc: So I would like to purchase Madden 18 digital edition, but I already have the disc, which I plan on selling. Whenever i go to buy digital, it says play this game, but I can't play it without the...
  7. Digital license from Instant Gaming and the installation process asking me for a DISC...

in XBoX on Windows
    Digital license from Instant Gaming and the installation process asking me for a DISC...: I have a Flight Simulator digital license from Instant Gaming that I can't run. I am able to install the first part (1 Gb or so), included the "Digital Owner", but when I launch the simulator to...
  8. Digital n disc games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital n disc games: If I have the standard version of forzion in digital form, and by the same game in disc form. Will I still have the same data on disc if I login into my account on the game or is it automatically...
  9. if i buy and disc xbox game i already have on digital, will i keep my same data on the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy and disc xbox game i already have on digital, will i keep my same data on the disc?: if I buy and disc Xbox game I already have on digital, will i keep my same data? So if I already have the standard edition of forzion horizon 4 in digital form. And went and bought ultimate...
  10. Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?: Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems, and I have the opportunity to buy a new one,...