Xbox Game DVR 4k corrupted videos

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR 4k corrupted videos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been recording clips on my external hard drive for sometime but for some reason some of the clips become randomly corrupted and I can't open... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mirzahasher, May 6, 2020.

1. Xbox Game DVR 4k corrupted videos

I have been recording clips on my external hard drive for sometime but for some reason some of the clips become randomly corrupted and I can't open them on my pc. I even used a new hard drive but the issue persists, both hard drives were formatted with NTFS. The clips I record are in 4K SDR and HDR but the issue happens regardless.

submitted by /u/mirzahasher
    [link] [comments]

/u/mirzahasher, May 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. MindOfTim Win User

No longer sticking with Xbox

That really sucks you're having trouble. I got my Xbox one X about 3 weeks after release and I pay monthly for an extended warrenty (which also covers the controller). My xbox has had an issue where the game DVR always corrupts no matter what, either the
    sound fails or the whole video becomes corrupt, but only when its uploaded onto onedrive or saved onto an external hard drive (so basically any way to take the video off of the xbox so it can be edited). It went away for repair then came back and worked for
    2 weeks then the same thing happened (and they had replaced the whole hard drive... and controller as it had stick drift). This was about 4 months ago and I havent even bothered to send it away again.

I do disagree about the 4k. I have 3 tv's one is 1080p, one is 4k and one is an OLED 4k with HDR. The difference from the 1080p to 4k is massive, and the difference from 4k to 4k HDR (it is an OLED though) is significant
  3. Jomari Arc Win User

uploading videos on Windows 10 help

Hi,

There are several factors why you can't upload videos, it may be due to corrupted data of your Xbox App or your system needs to be updated.

You may refer to this
    link
    to troubleshoot Game DVR on windows 10.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game DVR

Hi Jay,

I think what happened is that the game clip became corrupted when the game was closed and recording had not been stopped.

Game clips and screenshots are saved in the File Explorer\Videos\Captures folder. Take a look in there to see if the game clip was saved but if it is not there then the clip was corrupted and likely didn't record.

https://support.xbox.com/en-KY/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-game-dvr-windows-10
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

Game DVR on windows 10 can't share my clip

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Game DVR not to work properly. To resolve DVR issues, You may refer to this

link
    to troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10.

Feel free to provide us a feedback.
  6. Loraine Mon Win User

you cant share game clip

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why you are unable to share a video using the Game DVR in the Xbox App. It is possible that the video file format is not supported or the video is corrupted. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following
    information:

• Are you unable to share all the videos that you upload using the Game DVR?
    • What is the exact error message when you tried to share the video?
    • Are you sharing the video on the Xbox App activities page only or with your Social Media apps like Facebook and Twitter?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested solutions from this
    link
    to resolve your concern.
Thema:

Xbox Game DVR 4k corrupted videos

1. Xbox Game DVR 4k corrupted videos - Similar Threads - Game DVR corrupted

2. Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR...: I'm really annoyed. Now it's clearly possible to see the a lower quality of 4K HDR clips saved. This is clearly visible paying attention to the grass in FIFA or the sky in Forza Horizon 4 and Red...
  3. Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work: Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR only record for less than 30 secs. I have tried everything suggested online and didnt work. Any update coming soon? submitted by /u/DoodeAM [link] [comments]
  4. Game DVR Date:April 3, 2017, 6:17:21 PM Enforcement impact:The offending content was removed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game DVR Date:April 3, 2017, 6:17:21 PM Enforcement impact:The offending content was removed.: Hello there how re u? this msj is because i cant upload content since 2017, this is the msj from enforcement April 3, 2017, 6:17:21 PMThe offending content was removed. This account created an...
  5. Game DVR 4K fix mentioned only for Skip Ahead, Delta and Omega. But was it really fixed?...

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR 4K fix mentioned only for Skip Ahead, Delta and Omega. But was it really fixed?...: People reporting in comments that it's still broken! For those in the mentioned rings, is this working?! submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR: I just recorded on my pc with the Xbox capture, and I want to trim it with the game dvr feature, yet when I go to the Capture section it tells me to “go to windows settings...” which I’ve done and...
  7. Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...

in XboX Insiders
    Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...: It's like day after day it's becoming worse and worse. Maybe we are going to see some upgrades or a total new experience to the Game DVR function? Can I dream a bit? submitted by...
  8. Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!

in XboX Insiders
    Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!: Yeah, we know that recording clips issues are already a known issue, but the problem is that now the console can't even play already saved clips from weeks ago. I have lots of offline clips that...
  9. How to adjust game DVR settings through registry/not though xbox game app

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to adjust game DVR settings through registry/not though xbox game app: I am currently running windows 10 1607 ltsb, and I want to record some things in my chrome browser. I can use the windows game bar to record what I need to, but there's no way of changing the...
  10. My game dvr clips sometimes get corrupted!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game dvr clips sometimes get corrupted!: As you read by the title,sometimes my game dvr clips get corrupted...When I record something and I watch it I see weird unfocused parts on the video and it's practically unwatchable...Please help...