Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently was going through my PC files to clean up videos and pictures I may need later, since my laptop stopped charging on its own a while ago. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kittenflap, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Kittenflap
    Kittenflap Guest

I recently was going through my PC files to clean up videos and pictures I may need later, since my laptop stopped charging on its own a while ago. I put my Game DVR captures (the whole "Captures" folder) onto a portable hard drive in case my PC shut down
    without my knowledge and never wanted to power on again.

A couple weeks later my laptop was able to charge again, so I'm happy I no longer have to worry about lost files. I plan on keeping the old videos on the hard drive so it takes up less memory on my laptop. But, I still want to use Xbox Game DVR to record
    new videos for myself, and now the DVR is unable to "find my captures" and I cannot open the file location in File Explorer. Is there a way to make a new "Captures" folder so I can record again? I am still able to record from the DVR but it is unable to save
    the video since it can't find the old folder.

Here's some images of my issue:

The first image is the issue, the Game DVR is unable to find my captures since I moved the original folder onto a portable hard drive. It does not open File Explorer when I want to open the folder location.

The second image is the DVR recording normally, but when I stop recording it does not save the clip.

(Edit: I've tried resetting it and repairing the app from Settings, it still can't locate the folder. Might have to hard reset my laptop.)

If anyone can help me with this issue, please let me know ASAP! Thanks!

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures? [​IMG]

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures? [​IMG]

:)

Kittenflap, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Kittenflap Win User

No, I am not able to access the original 'Captures' folder from the Videos folder in the C Drive as I moved it to a portable hard drive. I created a new 'Captures' folder in the C Drive, but the Game Bar doesn't want to recognize it as a new one, that's
    my issue. Is there a way to make the new folder a default location for new captures?
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

You mentioned that you can't access the 'Captures' folder, but are you able to see the 'Captures' folder at all when you go to your C drive? It should be in the Videos folder "C:\Users\%username%\Videos".
  4. ShabazMX Win User

it is not working, please help
  5. DJThornhill Win User

April Update Beta Issues

Since the March update I have been unable to record with Game DVR. But since getting the April preview I am unable to use Game DVR at all. I have done all suggested methods to resolve this but nothing has worked.
  6. XBF Paul M Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hiya, Crimson Eclipze!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like the Game DVR function isn't working 100% of the time. I recommend that we try to troubleshoot the application/DVR Feature. Here is a link on

Troubleshooting Xbox Game DVR
    . I hope you find this information helpful in resolving the issue.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team
Thema:

1. Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures? - Similar Threads - Game DVR Unable

2. Unable to use game dvr recordings since update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to use game dvr recordings since update: A BIG ISSUE WITH GAME DVR MP4 FILES Oh no. i am now unable to use ANY of my game recordings since the update to make youtube videos. As soon as you render any game footage (world of tanks) in my...
  3. Game DVR unable to upload clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR unable to upload clips?: I have a YouTube channel that I upload gameplay clips to from my Xbox because I don't have an Xbox Live (Live Gold?) membership - I can't afford it as I have no income, and the Xbox was a gift...
  4. Unable to upload to Game DVR from Windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to upload to Game DVR from Windows 10 pc: Ok, so i could well be that I'm as dumb as a shoe but i think not, I watched the most recent XBLI announcement at the end where at the end Major Nelson says 'Did you know' "you can download your...
  5. Unable to record with game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to record with game DVR: I have a Geforce 920m graphics card. I am unable to record videos although the minimum requirement is Geforce 800m. Can someone tell me how to fix this? 2b39cb68-3465-413c-a70c-796cf3bcf7b3
  6. Unable to record on game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to record on game DVR: I used to be able to record 20-30 minute videos on game dvr when streaming gameplay from my xbox one to my pc. Now it shows that i record for however long 10, 15, 20 minutes but when I look up the...
  7. Game DVR: Unable to save content to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR: Unable to save content to console: Hey all. I've been browsing the web and the forum for a solution to my problem. Thus far, my search has been fruitless. In fact the last thread I was reading said to create my own thread about the...
  8. Windows 10 Game DVR - Something went wrong. Unable to change settings. Please try again ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Game DVR - Something went wrong. Unable to change settings. Please try again ...: Getting this error when I try to record Trove through Steam. I've been able to record Trove before - not sure what's going on. Tried a few fixes out there but nothing seemed to work (directory...
  9. Unable to use game dvr recordings since update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to use game dvr recordings since update: A BIG ISSUE WITH GAME DVR MP4 FILES Oh no. i am now unable to use ANY of my game recordings since the update to make youtube videos. As soon as you render any game footage (world of tanks) in my...
  10. Game DVR Unable to view and/or share.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR Unable to view and/or share.: Hi I am currently receiving this error on both Windows 10 and Xbox One where I can not view or share any content or view my messages. It all started when I went to upload a "Custom" clip and now I...