Xbox Game Ownership

Discus and support Xbox Game Ownership in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, when I was unable to get a job and had no money, I really wanted Terraria on Xbox. My older brother would buy it for me, but I had to do his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinBeck25, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JustinBeck25
    JustinBeck25 Guest

Xbox Game Ownership

So, when I was unable to get a job and had no money, I really wanted Terraria on Xbox. My older brother would buy it for me, but I had to do his chores. Now that Im older, I have my own Xbox. I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I can transfer
    ownership of said game.

:)

JustinBeck25, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Nohra369 Win User

Xbox Game Ownership

Unfortunately not mate, as Smutches said, its only available to your bro because he bought it on his account. The only option is for him to game share with you and you can have it on yours. Otherwise you will need to buy yourself a copy.

Hope this helps
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Game Ownership

If he bought it under his account, there is no way to transfer ownership to your account.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Game Ownership

That games is not backwards compatible (which would be up to the publisher). So in order to play it on the One you'd either need another game pass subscription or you would have to purchase it for the One.
  5. Just Creech Win User

Game ownership

Per the Code of Conduct, you are not actually authorized to use the account that was left on the used Xbox, or any game licenses associated with it. I would suggest deleting the content, including the child account.

The relevant portion is below, and the full Code of Conduct can be found at this

link
    if you want to peruse the entire thing.

Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don't:

• Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts or Gamertags
  6. Paul S2782 Win User

Game Ownership

That games is not backwards compatible (which would be up to the publisher). So in order to play it on the One you'd either need another game pass subscription or you would have to purchase it for the One.
    Hi again; I feel like I should let this go, but it really seems like something is being missed here. Just to be sure, I double-checked the definition of backward compatibility:

Backward compatibility
    is a property of a system, product, or technology that allows for
    interoperability
    with an older
    legacy system, or with
    input designed for such a system, especially in
    telecommunications and
    computing. Backward compatibility is sometimes also called
    downward compatibility.[1]

Modifying a system in a way that does not allow backward compatibility is sometimes called "breaking"
    backward compatibility.[2]

A complementary concept is
    forward compatibility. A design that is forward-compatible usually has a
    roadmap for compatibility with future standards and products.[3]

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_compatibility)
    Being that this discussion was posted in the Backwards Compatibility forum, I think this needs to be said. The game is not forward compatible. Backwards compatibility is something that the newer product, in this case, the console, would either succeed or
    fail at. Blaming the publisher here doesn't seem at all justified; this is in Microsoft's court.

Maybe the kind of compatibility I was expecting has just been the norm across other systems to the extent that I didn't do my homework. I felt like, in today's market, expecting the new Xbox to run my 360 games was a pretty safe bet on my part. Lesson learned.
    Now I have the decision of refusing to buy the new game, and resenting Microsoft for not being able to make arcade games compatible, or buying the new copy and feeling like I've been scammed into purchasing the same thing twice.

I have too much Microsoft crap to want to look at other options over game compatibility, but part of me almost hopes to see more situations like this. Maybe I'd like Apple once I got used to it. How about you screw up Office compatibility next, so I feel
    justified in considering the switch?
Thema:

Xbox Game Ownership

1. Xbox Game Ownership - Similar Threads - Game Ownership

2. How Do I Transfer Game Ownership?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Do I Transfer Game Ownership?: My brother has some digital games that he doesn't play and i wan't them. Is there a way to transfer the licence or ownership so I can play the games without having to have his profile signed in in...
  3. Lost ownership of DLC for a backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost ownership of DLC for a backwards compatible game: Hello, I digitally owned The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and all of its DLC on the Xbox 360 and when going to play it on my Xbox One today I noticed the system is claiming that I don't own all of...
  4. Lapse in XBL Gold impacting my ability to play/ownership for DL'd games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lapse in XBL Gold impacting my ability to play/ownership for DL'd games?: Hello, I seem to be having some issues with permissions for loading/playing games. I have 2 xbox one's and run 2 XBL Gold subscriptions. Some of my games will no longer load under either Gold...
  5. Game Ownership issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Ownership issues: It appears that I am expeirencing trouble trying to play a game that i got via Xbox gold memebership. I believe it was mid to late last year, Im not to sure but, I downloaded the game For Honor...
  6. Digital Game Ownership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Game Ownership: So my gf plays Xbox on her brother's account. They each have a profile and Gamertag setup on the Xbox. For Christmas, I bought her Destiny 2 w/ the DLC, and she is considering getting Anthem. This...
  7. Loss of digital game ownership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loss of digital game ownership: I have played cod black ops (digital edition) since the 360 even on the xbox one. But out of the blue i was given an error code that said i need to own the game to play. (I bought it years ago...
  8. Importing game ownership to windows store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Importing game ownership to windows store?: I already own windows 10 minecraft and was wondering how I can link it to my xbox account so I can get acheivements? I tried adding it through the app but that did not seem to work....
  9. Game ownership transfer on the xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game ownership transfer on the xbox one: Ok my son installed his sonic mania plus on my account and when he plays on his account is loses the "Plus", no DLC content. I want transfer the ownership/DRM to his account. We do share a...
  10. Game ownership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game ownership: hi :) I bought a used xbox one and created a new official account. The xbox came with a few games on a child account (i have the username and password). I want a fresh start with my account but...