Xbox Game Pass app does not support different store and gamertag accounts

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass app does not support different store and gamertag accounts in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi, In my xbox 360 days, I used a secondary email adress for my xbox live account, thus linking my gamertag to this adress. Last year I subscribed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Kwarq, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Kwarq
    Kwarq Guest

Hi,

In my xbox 360 days, I used a secondary email adress for my xbox live account, thus linking my gamertag to this adress.

Last year I subscribed to game pass PC on my windows 10 computer, with my microsoft account which is linked to my main email address.

I then installed Forza Horizon 4, and remembered I had this old gamertag from my xbox 360 and decided to use it instead of creating a new one. As such, my microsoft account with the game pass subscription is different from my other microsoft account with
    my gamertag. Xbox app for windows works well with this.

Since then I really enjoyed game pass, so much that I jumped to game pass ultimate which includes cloud gaming for android.

Unfortunately, the android app doesn’t seem to support distinct subscription and gamertag accounts like de windows app does :

- if I login with my account with the subscription an then launch fallout 76, I can’t link my Bethesda account because it’s already linked to my gamertag account,

- if I login with my other account with the gamertag, no game pass ultimate subscription is detected.

It would be great if the android app would support a subscription account and a gamertag account for those in the same situation.

:)

Kwarq, Oct 11, 2020
  2. SafeTomcat97926 Win User

Game Pass PC

Thank you for all the replies, but I figured it out. What happened was when I registered the game pass promo code I did it under a different Microsoft account than the one my laptop was registered to. So under account options on the game pass app it showed
    one email logged into the xbox app and a different email (the wrong email) logged into the Microsoft store. So I had to switch my Microsoft store account to match my xbox game pass app email. I've never been on any app or program that it was possible to login
    to 2 different accounts so it wasnt something I would have known to look for. Thanks again!
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Sharing Xbox Game Pass on PC

Try this mate

1. Download the xbox beta app on windows.

2. Log in on the windows store on your pc with the account that purchased the game pass ultimate subscription.

3. Open the xbox beta app, you should be able to log in with any xbox account, I think.

4. When you have logged in with your xbox account click on your gamertag image in the app and then click again on your gamertag name, you shoule now see a menu with the game pass ownership and the gamertag of who bought it and the xbox live account that
    can play the games above that, there you can also see when your subscription ends.
  4. Mage_Storm Win User

Game Pass games take up no storage on my PC? (Read Desc)

The accounts are on the same computer. I have it set up so that one xbox account has game pass and is signed into the store and the other is my personal account that i sign into games with. It does not matter if i use the account with game pass to sign into
    the apps.

How can I tell apps to be available for all accounts? I also have games that do work but it is very few.
  5. ThorX360 Win User

Remove store account

I have just set up a new pc and installed the XBOX (beta) app. The app automatically signed in as my windows (outlook) account. However, my xbox account "Gaming account" is a different email address. I have subscribed to game pass ultimate, but as the app
    has signed me in as my windows account as the "Store Account" I don't have access to my subscription. There does not appear to be anyway to remove/edit/change the store account.

I want to change my Store account to my xbox Gaming account.

I have tried resetting/uninstalling the app but it still automatically has me signed in as my windows account as store account no matter what I do.

Help Pls.
    Hi,

I suggest you to try this way:

- open the Xbox Beta App

- go to Settings (you have to clic on the profile picture in the top right of the screen)

- open the Account tab

- select Change
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

PC xboxbeta

Sorry to hear it. Please make sure there are no pending updates to the app or PC. Make sure that you have either the game pass or have purchased the game on your account. Then make sure your gamertag is signed in on the Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta
    App.

If you still have trouble then try installing the console from the Store App
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass app does not support different store and gamertag accounts - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. Game Pass on PC "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available".

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass on PC "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available".: I can't download any games even though I have more that enough room on my drive. How do I fix this? eb2f9f6e-aa10-452f-be1f-12476a309a4b
  3. Game Pass App bugged

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass App bugged: When I attempted to open the game pass app it would show me the green loading screen and then a black screen with nothing more. I deleted the app and tried to reinstall but now whenever I click...
  4. Xbox app on pc with game pass ultimate subscription, only shows to purchase games and not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on pc with game pass ultimate subscription, only shows to purchase games and not...: As title. It worked on my main desktop last week. I have a new laptop which I am currently setting up and I decided to download a few light games on this through the xbox app. Downloaded the app,...
  5. Cant disable game pass catalog notifications, (xbox app pc).

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant disable game pass catalog notifications, (xbox app pc).: I have disabled the check box in the settings of the xbox pc app, however I am still receiving notifications for the game pass catalog. is there any way to disable this that I am missing? Or is...
  6. Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app): I am no longer able to install most game pass games on my PC. I've already called support and filed a bug report via the app. The support guy I talked to was very helpful, and mentioned that...
  7. Xbox App on PC wont show Xbox Game Pass section.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on PC wont show Xbox Game Pass section.: The Xbox App on PC won't show the Xbox Game Pass section, only shows Store & Social. I've paid 7.99 for the subscription and still doesn't show. I've signed out and signed in & uninstalled....
  8. Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps

in XBoX on Mobile
    Thumbstick and D-Pad input stopped working in both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Beta mobile apps: I recently got a brand new phone that meets the requirements for cloud gaming, as well as a Razer Kishi Xbox edition. Up until yesterday I've been able to stream games and play them with the Kishi...
  9. Cannot download any games on Xbox Game Pass app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download any games on Xbox Game Pass app on PC: So i try to instrall Wolfenstein Youngblood the other day and whenever i hit the install button it doesn't download a thing, and gives me an error 0x80070141. I have tried every possible...
  10. Xbox game pass app issue - dpad, joysticks and L/R trigger buttons not responding in game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass app issue - dpad, joysticks and L/R trigger buttons not responding in game: While streaming any game, my xbox one controller's dpad, joysticks and triggers are not doing anything. The controller itself works fine while connected to my xbox. Even navigating around the Xbox...