Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox game pass app once launched doesn't allow me to eject my external HD drive which the games are installed in even after closing the app. it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Misterdangam, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Misterdangam
    Misterdangam Guest

Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...

My Xbox game pass app once launched doesn't allow me to eject my external HD drive which the games are installed in even after closing the app. it says the drive is in use so can't be ejected. Please help. I know it's not because the drive is being used for any other application at the time.

Is there a customer support email? I contacted the web chat about this a few months ago but they couldn't help and one of them referred me to someone from the support department but I never got to speak to them.

:)

Misterdangam, Apr 21, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are installed on, even after closing the app.

3. Misterdangam Win User

Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are installed on, even after closing the app.

No, I'm not doing any of those things. the external hard drive just won't eject even if all apps using it are closed, and this happens only after xbox game pass is opened, even if I close it after.
  4. Misterdangam Win User

This seems like it would work, but I want a more permanent fix where the game pass app isn't messing up. Sure i could go into task manager and find it and eject it every time, but I'd rather find a fix from a customer support person instead of having to do all of this
  5. ngocphi Win User

Well first you can't as the folder is encrypted

Why are you ejecting the drive while it's on?

Are you trying something you aren't supposed to like switching PC's to play on another ? It won't work

The games have to be installed into the other pc

While connected to the internet and xbox game services is part of windows you do know that right ?
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Misterdangam. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft Xbox user. I don't work for Microsoft and I don't have access to user accounts.

Can you take a look at these troubleshooting steps and see if they work?

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/cant-eject-...

If they still doesn't work, try this:

Go to the task manager

On the Process tab, locate the USB device

right click and place end task

Checked the Troubleshooting:

Start> Settings> Update and Security> Troubleshooting> Run Troubleshooting

Through the disk manager

Go to Windows + R

type diskmgmt.msc

Scroll down the menu to find your external hard drive and take it offline

If it still doesn't work, please let me know and I'll do my best to try to help you.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are... - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. My Windows 10 XBox app shows prices from different region and doesn't let me use Game Pass.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Windows 10 XBox app shows prices from different region and doesn't let me use Game Pass.: So my region is Spain, and it is correctly set in Windows. When I install and open the XBox Windows 10 app I see prices in what I think are yen (crossed Y) signal, and a message that my Game Pass...
  3. Sea of Thieves download speed extremely slow on Xbox game pass app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves download speed extremely slow on Xbox game pass app.: I have an average speed of 50MB/S on speedtest.net and Sea of Thieves is downloading at 1MB/S and only Sea of Thieves is behaving abnormally. When I download two games at a time, I'd have the...
  4. [Windows 11] Xbox App erkennt Ultimate Game Pass Abo nicht

in XBoX on Windows
    [Windows 11] Xbox App erkennt Ultimate Game Pass Abo nicht: Hallo, dieses Problem plagt mich schon seit einer ganzen Weile, ich würde sagen das letzte halbe Jahr, sogar schon unter Windows 10. Wenn ich die Xbox App starte, werden mir keine Inhalte mehr...
  5. i cannot download game grounded in xbox game pass pc app. it has error 0x80072f76.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot download game grounded in xbox game pass pc app. it has error 0x80072f76.: Hi i cannot download game grounded in xbox pass pc. it has error 0x80072f76. i try to restart pc. I use microsoft windows 10. and can download and play 2-3 game in xbox gsme pass. Best regards,...
  6. XBOX GAME PASS APP NOT LAUNCHING ON PC

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME PASS APP NOT LAUNCHING ON PC: So how the title states the xbox app is not working at all for me and I have tried A LOT of different thins so please give me different options d620649a-2e10-4caf-9935-440f96399e86
  7. Game pass mobile app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass mobile app: I'm trying to install a game from the Game pass app on my phone to my PC remotely because the xbox app on my pc doesnt work. When I try to install a game from the app it stays in que and never...
  8. My game is blurry while playing games through the game pass app on my tablet and phone

in XboX Insiders
    My game is blurry while playing games through the game pass app on my tablet and phone: I want to know if theres any solution to fix the blur, my internet speed is 1gb and I tried using a tab s7+ and z fold 3 but both of them are blurry while gaming through the game pass app...
  9. Cannot install games via the Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install games via the Game Pass App: For some reason today I tried to install a game an dwhen I go to install it come up with a new window saying Choose a Drive, saying go to profile, settings, profile I do this but it still wont let...
  10. Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App: I have recently came to the issue of not being able to install games on the Xbox app. The cause seems to be the app not recognizing me as administrator when I am one. I have previously installed...