XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Discus and support XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just re-installed windows and wanted to use the XBOX Game Pass app but cannot login due to this error: [img] I tried a few suggestions on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ireas, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Ireas
    Ireas Guest

I just re-installed windows and wanted to use the XBOX Game Pass app but cannot login due to this error:

XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" [​IMG]

I tried a few suggestions on the internet related to other errors but none of them helped.

PS: Clicking "More info" just launches a bing search for "fix problems signing in to the xbox app" - not that helpful.

:)

Ireas, Oct 2, 2019
  2. khader Alhowari Win User

Hey my friend

Did u try to reinstall the app !

Clear cache!

And check if u have all files up-to-date
  3. {Parity} Win User

Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified"

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also, make sure your PC is fully updated.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

impossibile accedere ad xbox live (Unable to access Xbox live)

Hi SeaLukino336,

Thanks for your reply with an update! Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting hasn't worked so far for you. Since this is occurring with other programs from the MS store that require access to Xbox Live, you may wish to try the solutions available from
    the following forums post to see if they will assist in getting you connected:
    "The System cannot find the file specified" on Windows 10 Login

Alternatively, you may wish to check your connection to Xbox Live via your PC to see if you are receiving any messages concerning server connectivity as well.
    Go to Settings >
    Network in the Xbox app and check Server connectivity. You may then use the following support article to further troubleshoot: Xbox
    app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Give this a try and please keep us updated with the results.

I hope that this helps out a bit more.
  5. M3gaToxic Win User

Router Help!!

I just disabled local area connection in my Network connections from control panel which was for the Ethernet cable, Wireless one is still enabled. Then i Re-did ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew

But it says "An error accord while releasing interface loopback Pseudo-Interface 1: the system cannot find the file specified"
  6. N1NJ4 Potatoe Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to
    be run.
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. Game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app remote installation not working: I tried to install game remotely for the game pass quests and i get the message "couldn't find any devices". set up a console is not working on settings. It worked last month. It doesn't work on...
  3. Xbox Game Pass App (Android) - "Active Console" settings? (2x Xbox One X consoles owned,...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass App (Android) - "Active Console" settings? (2x Xbox One X consoles owned,...: Hi there, I'm trying to download a game using the Game Pass App for Android but when going into the "Manage console" setting on the phone the only console I can only see my "Home" console (1TB...
  4. Super slow download speed on Xbox App(Xbox game pass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Super slow download speed on Xbox App(Xbox game pass PC): Hi, guys, So I just purchased xbox game pass PC - but I'm having problems with downloading any game. My download speed is around 200 kbts/s, which is just crazy as in steam I get 50-80 mbts/s....
  5. Xbox game pass app on PC not launching games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass app on PC not launching games.: Hi, I keep getting this issue when i try to launch a game via the Xbox game pass app. Currently the only game I have installed which is not launching is The Outer Worlds but i have run into the...
  6. Active Console I've Never Seen Before On Game Pass App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Active Console I've Never Seen Before On Game Pass App: So today I went to try and download Grounded from my Game Pass app on ios and when choosing which Active Console to download to, I saw a new one named, "Cobra" that I've never recognized before. I...
  7. XBOX iOS Game Pass App for Child Account

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX iOS Game Pass App for Child Account: I hold our XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Subscription in my user name account. My XBOX is home XBOX. My son has an account on that XBOX. My son just downloaded the XBOX ioS Game Pass App on his...
  8. Cannot install games on my game pass ultimate app or windows store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on my game pass ultimate app or windows store.: Hey Guys and Gals. Seems that after the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Beta) App update I now cannot install games or run previous games I already have installed. I keep getting 'Error code:...
  9. Game Pass App is Broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass App is Broken: I joined Game Pass in April and everything worked just fine. Remote downloads WITHOUT INSTANT-ON while using my Xbox One, the only Xbox I have so you'd think it's my default right. Everything was...
  10. Game Pass App Monthly Quest is Wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass App Monthly Quest is Wrong: On Game Pass the "Quest Completionist" Quest will be nearly impossible to complete. In the Quest it says to: 1: Complete 23 daily quests this month to earn rewards points. And shows thus far:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox live pc cannot find file specified