XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Discus and support XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just re-installed windows and wanted to use the XBOX Game Pass app but cannot login due to this error: [img] I tried a few suggestions on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ireas, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Ireas
    Ireas Guest

I just re-installed windows and wanted to use the XBOX Game Pass app but cannot login due to this error:

XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" [​IMG]

I tried a few suggestions on the internet related to other errors but none of them helped.

PS: Clicking "More info" just launches a bing search for "fix problems signing in to the xbox app" - not that helpful.

:)

Ireas, Oct 2, 2019
  2. khader Alhowari Win User

Hey my friend

Did u try to reinstall the app !

Clear cache!

And check if u have all files up-to-date
  3. {Parity} Win User

Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified"

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also, make sure your PC is fully updated.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

impossibile accedere ad xbox live (Unable to access Xbox live)

Hi SeaLukino336,

Thanks for your reply with an update! Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting hasn't worked so far for you. Since this is occurring with other programs from the MS store that require access to Xbox Live, you may wish to try the solutions available from
    the following forums post to see if they will assist in getting you connected:
    "The System cannot find the file specified" on Windows 10 Login

Alternatively, you may wish to check your connection to Xbox Live via your PC to see if you are receiving any messages concerning server connectivity as well.
    Go to Settings >
    Network in the Xbox app and check Server connectivity. You may then use the following support article to further troubleshoot: Xbox
    app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Give this a try and please keep us updated with the results.

I hope that this helps out a bit more.
  5. M3gaToxic Win User

Router Help!!

I just disabled local area connection in my Network connections from control panel which was for the Ethernet cable, Wireless one is still enabled. Then i Re-did ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew

But it says "An error accord while releasing interface loopback Pseudo-Interface 1: the system cannot find the file specified"
  6. N1NJ4 Potatoe Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to
    be run.
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified" - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. Gears 5 (PC using game pass app) Unplayable

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 (PC using game pass app) Unplayable: I have been having this issue for the last couple of weeks, where I will load up a game of Gears 5 (Campaign) and it will run smooth as butter for about 10-15 seconds, before dropping from...
  3. Regarding several “default xbox” options in xBox game pass app!

in XBoX on Mobile
    Regarding several “default xbox” options in xBox game pass app!: So heres the thing... For some reason in my settings on “xBox Game Pass” app on IOS it shows 2 options of consoles! [img] ”Sweets” is the one Im using now and “Candy” has been sold 2 years...
  4. NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass: Last night I bought the game pass on my PC. Immediately after doing so, the Xbox Companion App gave me error (0x409) 0x80131501, The Xbox (Beta) App won't load past the Xbox symbol, and the...
  5. game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app remote installation not working: I setup the allow remote installation, I change my setting for my home xbox and I set the power mode to instant on. when I try to download from the app it tell me to select your default x box but...
  6. Allow game pass app to unpause installation queue

in XboX Insiders
    Allow game pass app to unpause installation queue: Has been a few times where I've paused a game download to watch movies and forgotten to unpause before I leave for work(ideal time to download for me ) Only to remember later on my break....
  7. [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,: I'm using the app on an unlocked Moto g7. Even after uninstalling, clearing the cache, etc, I keep getting told the app can't access my rewards info, nor find my Xbox console, and it can't install...
  8. cant dowload any game from xbox app(beta) game pass ultimate error 0x800701e7

in XBoX on Windows
    cant dowload any game from xbox app(beta) game pass ultimate error 0x800701e7: the last good dowload i make was the gears 5 beta and then when i try to dowload gears 5 complete in the dowload process no even 100 mb get the same error 0x800701e7 every time and i try with...
  9. Can't pre-install Gears 5 with Xbox (Beta) app using Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't pre-install Gears 5 with Xbox (Beta) app using Ultimate Game Pass: I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what this issue is, but I am unable to pre-install the Gears 5 Ultimate edition with my Ultimate Game Pass on PC. It allowed me to do it on my Xbox One, but I...
  10. Cant download Games pass games off app or store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant download Games pass games off app or store.: I've been having an issue for over a week now. I've been using gamespass. Worked a treat. Downloaded quick. Worked nice. Now every game I try to download ends in error telling me to turn on...