Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I have tried a few options , but am unable to install some games that say they need administrator approval in the Xbox (Beta) app on PC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Falyian, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Falyian
    Falyian Guest

Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...

Hi there,

I have tried a few options , but am unable to install some games that say they need administrator approval in the Xbox (Beta) app on PC (Windows 10 version 10.0.18362 Build 18362)

This is for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and the games I have tried are Subnautica and Pillars of Eternity.

I tried creating another local admin account and it too was unable to install the game.

I am frustrated as I am clearly not able to use my subscription to it's fullest...

Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for... [​IMG]

Please help?

Greg

:)

Falyian, Mar 26, 2020
  2. JasonEllis3 Win User

GamePass PC : Error 0x80070020 when trying re-install game

Many people have the problem where they cannot install any game that "requires administrator approval". I dont know if they consider this a bug or a feature in the Xbox (Beta) app.

When the xbox app goes to install a game, something prevents the standard administrator approval window from popping up to alllow the user to approve the install. After about 60 seconds, the installer times out and reports an error, as seen in the image
    posted by Fredric. If a game does not require the admin approval window popup, the installation succeeds.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?

Hi there Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with installing a game from Game Pass for PC. I recommend to check out the following article: Windows
    10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

• Q: ANYTHING WE HAVEN’T EXPLICITLY COVERED BELOW

A: Please use the built-in feedback tool within the Xbox app to help us better understand the issue you are facing. Just click on your profile photo and select “Feedback” from the dropdown menu to open Feedback Hub. Feedback Hub enables you
    to provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems.

• Q: Why do some games require administrator privileges while others don’t?
    A: Some games require additional components to be installed for the game to function properly. Depending on the components being installed, we may require permission from an administrator via a prompt at game installation
    time or the first time the game is launched. See Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for more information.

• Q: I am having trouble installing a game on my PC. What can I do?
    A: Visit the Troubleshoot
    game installations on Windows 10
    to find some suggestions on how to fix the issue. For more information, visit the Known
    Issues for Game Launches (June 2019)
    page.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thanks you and have a great day.
  4. Mogiel Win User

Error: 0x8007005 Xbox Game Pass

I have problems installing games that have "the installation requires administrator approval"
  5. Leon619 Win User

Xbox app for pc can't download games.

I just noticed that a lot of the games that are new for the pc games pass say admin approval required for installation give me download errors and the games that do not it will let me download.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for installation" even though I am an administrator

Thanks - managed to sort it out, updated windows, restarted the app and made sure it was run as admin and seems to have worked now.

Thanks for the help
    I'm happy you fix the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for... - Similar Threads - Game Pass Cannot

2. Cannot download games - 0x800704C6 Xbox (Beta) Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download games - 0x800704C6 Xbox (Beta) Game pass: Hello, Getting 'We couldn't connect you to the service.' error with code: 0x800704C6. This happens when downloading games from Microsoft Store app or within the Xbox (Beta) app. I've tried to...
  3. My Xbox Game Pass (PC) Subscription is up to date, but I cannot download any games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Game Pass (PC) Subscription is up to date, but I cannot download any games.: My account says it was renewed on 3/27, and shows the status as "all good" I also had the payment taken from my bank account. However, I cannot download any games from Game Pass now, but I can...
  4. I cannot redeem the results of players who are members of the Xbox game pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot redeem the results of players who are members of the Xbox game pass Ultimate: I activated my 1 month Xbox game pass Ultimate card, but I can't redeem Perks for this special privileges and I'm sure I'm logged into the account that has the Xbox game pass Ultimate clearly...
  5. I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...: Can't get rid of xbox ultimate game pass that was bought by mistake. Can't download xbox live gold card please h elp me ccb4db95-b135-4bed-bb6d-0ee372dca27f
  6. I have XBox Game Pass (3 month) but cannot download any games

in XBoX on Windows
    I have XBox Game Pass (3 month) but cannot download any games: I have done all of the steps that are recommended when the installation fails (i.e. making sure I have XBox Game Pass, disabling and then reinstalling XBox game services). The error code is:...
  7. Cannot play a game pass game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play a game pass game: About a week ago I downloaded saints row 3 off of Game Pass. I went to start it up this morning and I got the Do you own this game or app? Pop up. I have had this happen before so I restarted my...
  8. Xbox game pass ultimate - cannot redeem gifts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass ultimate - cannot redeem gifts: I have purchased Xbox game pass ultimate, and stopped the recurring bill. Now even though I see the button to claim the gift, after pressing it, when I go to Store, I don't get the Spotify Premium...
  9. Cannot claim Discord Nitro, EA Access, or Spotify Premium on Xbox after Game Pass Ultimate...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot claim Discord Nitro, EA Access, or Spotify Premium on Xbox after Game Pass Ultimate...: I couldn't find where to claim the memberships included with buying Game Pass Ultimate until one page showed that you can claim it from a page on the Xbox Game Pass menu on Xbox itself. I clicked...
  10. Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset: Hello, Had the game pass working, Main app was on C drive, Games were set to install on D Drive. Due to seperate issues i had to do a PC reset. This has reset the C drive, but not touched the D...