Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had a lot of games from Xbox game pass installed on this hard drive and now it’s not reading the hard drive at all 53b5c521-cf1b-46f5-b166-1eae4c65ec45 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AutomaticDebt, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive

I had a lot of games from Xbox game pass installed on this hard drive and now it’s not reading the hard drive at all

:)

AutomaticDebt, Feb 23, 2022
  2. RafiRazzouq Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.

uild on external macbook hard drive/dual boot) Did you figure any solution to this? i can install other games fine but when i try to install halo mcc it errors out at 4.8%
  3. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Game pass downloads

Do other games you own that aren't from game pass have the same problem? Do you have an external hard drive. If a game I install to my external hard drive is very laggy I will move it to my internal hard drive which usually fixes the problem.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

I can't download Xbox Game Pass onto an Micro SD card

The likely issue is how Xbox Game Pass installs games with virtual drives (VXD's). The slower read/write speeds has nothing to do with it. If you're low on storage, I recommend an external hard drive, or for better performance, an external SSD.

Much of what ngocphi put here is factually incorrect.

While it's not as fast as a spinning hard drive you can actually play games from an SD on a PC, you just can't do it on PC Game Pass. Indeed the Steam Deck handheld PC easily runs games from an SD. It's not as fast as a hard drive, but surprisingly it's not that slow either. Once you've installed a game to SD card, you won't be constantly writing to the drive. While it's true that flash media can only be written to a finite amount of times, SD-Cards do not wear out when just reading data.

The Nintendo Switch and the newly released Valve Steam Deck can run games directly from Micro-SD cards absolutely fine.
  6. VecaisVaskis Win User

Installing games with "Administrator approval required for installation" - error 0x8007001F

... I suspect the "problem" might be that my Windows 10 system resides on an external hard disk which somehow messes up the installation process for "Administrator approval required for installation" games.
    I have similar issues with apps and external storage.

It seems that for whatever reason, external drives aren't "trusted" as much as an internal system drive.

How is the external drive connected? Via USB, or is it an external SATA connector? You might coax the system into believing it's an internal drive, if you use an external SATA connector.

If you actually managed to install Windows on an USB drive (and it's not an official Windows To Go install), that might really be the problem.

The setup is an iMac 2019 with external Thunderbolt 3 SSD drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it specifically for gaming needs. The problem with Xbox Games Pass for PC is the first (serious, mysterious) problem I have with this setup. Steam, Epic, GoG
    - every other online gaming store works as it should and I can play pretty much any game I want, except for the ones available on the Games Pass for PC. I find it somewhat ironic.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive

1. Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive - Similar Threads - Game Pass isn’t

2. Can't launch Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox game pass Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox game pass Windows 11): Having trouble launching Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox game pass for PC . Have all the latest drivers for hardware and Windows 11. I click Install game, it installs 1.8GB. Launch game and...
  3. Game Pass Quest for Delisted Game Pass Game???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Quest for Delisted Game Pass Game???: Looks like one of this week’s Game Pass quests requires you to play The Artful Escape (a game that was on Game Pass for close to a year). The thing is, it was removed from the Game Pass catalog...
  4. Xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass: Hello. I've received a Xbox Game Pass from Discord but it's not working, any idea? I've never used it. 82dbab2c-baef-48a1-8c11-76b7f415e434
  5. PC Game Pass - Access cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass - Access cloud saves: Hi, as some of you noticed, Hades is not in Game Pass anymore. Knowing that, I uninstalled it from my PC. I recently discovered that I could access my save files from AppData folders, but it...
  6. game pass game needs ubisoft connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass game needs ubisoft connection: game pass game needs ubisoft connection but i cant sign into my personal account on microsoft store to connect it so am unable to isstal the game cd47f2dc-3e91-406a-9fba-110d6138cbf5
  7. I can't buy xbox game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy xbox game pass.: Im trying to get the 1$ xbox game pass but i cant put in my address since its locked into the united states(I live in finland). I tried to use paypal but its got the same problem. :(...
  8. Xbox One factory reset itself randomly and game pass isn’t being spread to other accounts

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One factory reset itself randomly and game pass isn’t being spread to other accounts: I turned on my Xbox today and I was brought back to the screen you first see when you turn on a brand new Xbox. I had to add the profiles again but I got everything back. I had unplugged the Xbox...
  9. Xbox game pass isn’t recognizing my controller, but it says connected, help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass isn’t recognizing my controller, but it says connected, help?: submitted by /u/shooteredditor [link] [comments]
  10. Game pass saying it is half price when it isn’t!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass saying it is half price when it isn’t!: When I go on to buy it for 3 months it says come back and get 50% off but when i go in to pay it still says 50% £11.99 but it is asking me how do you want to pay the rest of your payment.So it is...