Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently renewed my Game Pass subscription but the Game Pass for PC won't work for me, it said it wanted an update so I tried updating it and I kept... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SerTabby, Sep 16, 2020.

1. SerTabby
    SerTabby Guest

I recently renewed my Game Pass subscription but the Game Pass for PC won't work for me, it said it wanted an update so I tried updating it and I kept getting an error, so I uninstall it and redownload it, and now I'm getting an error that says it wasn't
    able to install.

How do I fix this?

Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install [​IMG]

:)

SerTabby, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Jay_answers Win User

I have had this issue (way back when I installed it for the first time). More recently, I run into something similar when I try to do a update.

This is what works for me.

• One thing, I would check is if you are able to install other apps from the App Store. Just to make sure that this is not an issue with the App Store itself.
    • Next, you may want to try and remove it from your PC (if you got Store, it should say install and not open), restart the PC and try again.
    • Lastly, I have noticed that sometimes, its nothing to do with your PC at all. Any number of times I have seen the Xbox app take hours to download and install an update. I keep reminding myself that it is a beta software, at the end of the day, and may not
      work as expected.
    • In those scenarios, I simply try again after a few hours or the next day, and it seems to fix itself.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Windows 10 Minecraft Download Problem

Since Minecraft is not a Play Anywhere title you would have to purchase the Windows 10 version in order to play it on the PC even though you own it for the Xbox. They are considered different. Same reason as to why it won't install through Game Pass since
    Games Pass is primarily for the console and only games that are also Play Anywhere titles can be downloaded and played on the PC through Game Pass.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Why won't it let me install this?

5. FreakRoach Win User

Minecraft

6. FlorianBodin25 Win User

Games won't install with Xbox Game Pass for PC

It doesn't work. It launched a command prompt, nothing happened, and it's still the same.

Btw it seems this happens since the last Windows update, which broke my computer for an entire day already.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install - Similar Threads - Game Pass won't

2. Astroneer won't launch on Xbox App on PC (Game pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Astroneer won't launch on Xbox App on PC (Game pass): I have Game pass on PC and am trying to play Astroneer. I've played previously no problem but a few days ago there was an update on the 24th. Today I tried to play the game and after downloading...
  3. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  4. Flight Simulator - Game Pass won't find the game to install

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight Simulator - Game Pass won't find the game to install: Hi, So I have finally managed to download XBox for PC and also signed up to the XBox Game Pass as I want to play Flight Simulator. However, when I search for Flight Simulator and click on the...
  5. Xbox took the fee but won't renew game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox took the fee but won't renew game pass: Xbox wanted to renew my subscription for the game pass ultimate but because my card expired and I got a new one and forgot to change the expiration date I got a text telling me that tje card info...
  6. Game pass on PC won't detect my drive to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass on PC won't detect my drive to install games: See attached screenshot below, Gamepass ultimate on my PC is not detecting my harddrive currently. In the past all I had to do was have the latest windows update and everything seemed to work, but...
  7. Game Pass won't let me continue the downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass won't let me continue the downloading: Yesterday I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 from gamepass, when I had a half of it i turned off my pc with "shut down". Today all progress is gone, it's not even in queue, but the disk space is...
  8. Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1: When I launch the game I can only control it with keyboard and mouse. When I get to the character select screen if I press start on the controller it adds a player two, but there's no way to use...
  9. My xbox game pass unlimited won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox game pass unlimited won't work: I've paid for the game pass unlimited and now its not working. My son plays on the xbox and he now cannot join in on games when invited as it says he has to pay for it. I have set up to share my...
  10. PC Xbox game pass - Football Manager 2020 won't run

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox game pass - Football Manager 2020 won't run: FM2020 won't run, every time I try to run the game it closes Xbox Game Pass and the game won't start up. My drivers are up to date, I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the Xbox Game...