Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my...

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I play a handful of singleplayer games (in question: The Outer Worlds) and since Xbox and other Windows products don't work with a vpn, how would I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TommyCondon, Nov 5, 2019.

1. TommyCondon
    TommyCondon Guest

Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my...

I play a handful of singleplayer games (in question: The Outer Worlds) and since Xbox and other Windows products don't work with a vpn, how would I move these cloud saves to my own PC? The game itself has no option, the Xbox app and sites don't give a
    clue, anyone have an answer?

:)

TommyCondon, Nov 5, 2019
  2. TommyCondon Win User

Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my own computer?

I found out that there is a folder for both cloud and offline saves, at least for this game specifically.

C:\Users\[Username]\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10

The folder I found to be containing the cloud saves was a series of numbers, and local pc saves in the _LOCAL_ folder. Moving the cloud saves to the local folder did the trick for me.
  3. Niko1664 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my own computer?

Hi TommyCondon. The saves are in Cloud and transfer automatically when you launch the game on PC (connected to internet of course) IF (and
    only if) the game is an "Play Anywhere" title. Remember the saves are linked to a microsoft account too. If the game exist on both side (Xbox and PC) and not be an Play Anywhere title (like The Outer Worlds in fact) your account see them like 2 different games
    and the saves can't merged.

Good news, you can earn the achievements a second time. Bad news, you can't continue your previous game and must begin another.

Hope i'm clear and resolve your problem.
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    TommyCondon

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

Outer Worlds for Windows does not support cloud saves like the Xbox One version does.
    There isn't much official support information online regarding cloud saves specifically for games downloaded through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, although it does seem that not all games downloaded through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 supports
    cloud saves across multiple devices. Cross-save is explained to work for
    Xbox Play Anywhere titles in regards to games available on Xbox One and Windows 10 and this could also be the case if you are trying to access saves on
    a different Windows 10 device. My assumption is that basically if a game is not listed as an Xbox Play Anywhere title, then it does not support cross-save across different devices whether it be an Xbox One console or another Windows 10 PC. You would have to
    manaully back up the saves to an external drive and transfer the saves over to the other PC.
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox Game Pass Console to Game Pass PC

Hi,

I want to know if I get the Game Pass for PC (Beta) if the game data from my games played on the console version of Game Pass will carry over?

I have a windows 10 PC.

Thanks
    As long as its saves progression to the cloud you should be golden
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 - How would I move cloud saves for singleplayer games to my... - Similar Threads - Game Pass Windows

2. Game Pass for Windows 10: Can't install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for Windows 10: Can't install games: Hi I've had Game Pass Ultimate for a while now and been using the Xbox (beta) app with it, I've run into this same problem numerous times before but it's been with games that I don't have much...
  3. Game Updates (Xbox Game Pass Windows)

in XboX Insiders
    Game Updates (Xbox Game Pass Windows): Whenever there is an update for a game, it seem XBox Game Pass downloads the whole game. Is this intended? If so this seems a bit stupid and a waste of resources to re download dozens of...
  4. Golf With Your Friends on Windows 10/Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Golf With Your Friends on Windows 10/Game Pass: Anyone else had this issue on GWYF where sometimes someone gets left behind on a previous hole? For reference this is on PC Windows 10, not console. 091567fb-cdb7-45c0-8c92-471d3f97a8b0
  5. can only download some games on game pass windows 10 and not others?

in XBoX on Windows
    can only download some games on game pass windows 10 and not others?: hi all im frustrated at minute after being hung up on by Microsoft on 4 occasions . none of the staff have a clue. I am able to download some games on game pass ultimate and not others . halo...
  6. Cannot install games on my game pass ultimate app or windows store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on my game pass ultimate app or windows store.: Hey Guys and Gals. Seems that after the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Beta) App update I now cannot install games or run previous games I already have installed. I keep getting 'Error code:...
  7. Can't login properly into Xbox Game Pass on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't login properly into Xbox Game Pass on Windows 10: Hi, I've been having this weird issue where everytime I open the Xbox app I'm logged out. As I log in, the sign in window flashes in and out multiple times, and then I'm "logged in". Thing is, as...
  8. Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition XBox game pass on PC: EMPTY SAVES: I completely lost my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition XBox game pass on PC: EMPTY SAVES: I completely lost my...: Hello Everybody! First, I apologize for make this request here, but, I was one of the cursed ones to had lost the save because of the silly cloud sync and the poor save file management of FFXV....
  9. Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games: Hi All, I have just bought a new PC but am still using the same hard drive as before, I am having the issue where games won't launch if already installed, will get stuck on preparing if I try to...
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC Beta on Windows 10 LTSC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC Beta on Windows 10 LTSC: Is it possible to install Game pass for PC on Windows 10 LTSC ver. 1809? b26b5adf-220d-43f5-892f-4989e927c10b