Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup

Discus and support Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i bougth the game pass subscription and tried installing some games: - astrooner - wargroove - forza none of them will open, when trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by orlando josealmario, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup

So i bougth the game pass subscription and tried installing some games:

- astrooner

- wargroove

- forza

none of them will open, when trying to start any game i get a window with the game icon to open for a less than a second and them it just disappears no error message not anything.

The event viewer on windows gave me this:

The server Chucklefish.Wargroove_1.2.5.2_x64__ywkyrypjzhpx8!Wargroove did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The server SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_1.1.3.0_x64__ftk5pbg2rayv2!ASTRONEER did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

so there is some problem there, things i have tried:

- running the store trouble shooter

- running the wsreset.exe for restoting the store cache

- installing a random app from the microsoft store and trying to run the games

- everything on this link refering to de DCOM server problem: https://appuals.com/fix-the-server-did-not-register-with-dcom-within-the-required-timeout/

- a long power shell command recommenced on many other threads.

- logging in with a microsoft account instead of a local account.

nothing worked, the games do not start and the error on event viewer persists. this is really, really frustrating that you have released a product that does not work, already spend about 4+ hours looking for a solution, i would rather buy
    the games i want to play that give this subscription a second month.

any thoughts as how can this be resolve? thank you for your help.

edit: i am running the last version of everything.

:)

orlando josealmario, Jun 13, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there Orlando!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    As our Ambassador mentioned, the GamePass on PC is currently still in beta and prone to some issues.

For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

since Game pass on PC is still in beta it's best to provide feedback via the Feedback option within the app, you can find it by clicking your profile icon and then select Feedback, this will select the Feedback app.
  4. orlando josealmario Win User

So i figured it out. I am running windows home N version, it seems the N versions of windows dont include some necessary media packages and that is what made the games crash.

after looking for the media packages for windows home N on google and installing them i got the xbox game pass games to work. I dont think this is an xbox app bug but a more system wide thing.
  5. allegretto2500 Win User

Lego Marvel crashes when vehicles accessed

The game will crash on startup unless you uninstall the dlc
  6. Garmonbozia81 Win User

Game crashing on startup

Have you made sure to manually check for updates, install any missing updates, and then to select Restart on your device?
Thema:

1. Xbox game pass games dont open, at all. Crash on startup - Similar Threads - game pass games

2. game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    game pass: hey, i want to purchase the game pass, but when i have to fill in my adress but i can't change the country from the united kingdom to belgium. how can i change it?...
  3. Cant install PC games with my Xbox Games Pass Ultimate...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant install PC games with my Xbox Games Pass Ultimate...: Please Help. I am connected to my Microsoft account. i have the Xbox companion app on my pc. when i want to install a game its greyed out and when i check all my devices to install nothing is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC for Ukraine

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC for Ukraine: Should we wait for release in Ukraine? How should I buy XBOX Game Pass for PC now? Hoooow? c5e86d3a-3b63-4685-a089-3ff3ccc3659e
  5. xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass ultimate: tenho assinatura do xbox game pass ultimate no xbox one, e nao estou conseguindo baixar o jogo gratuito do mes, forza 6 [Translation-I have Xbox game Pass Ultimate Subscription on Xbox One, and...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Console to Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Console to Game Pass PC: Hi, I want to know if I get the Game Pass for PC (Beta) if the game data from my games played on the console version of Game Pass will carry over? I have a windows 10 PC. Thanks...
  7. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Ödemeliği İptal Etme

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Ödemeliği İptal Etme: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate almıştım fakat yenilemeyi kapatmayı unutmuşum ve şu an yeniden ödeme yapmamı zorunlu kılıyor fakat iptal etmek istiyorum ama yapamıyorum. Ödemek zorunda değilsem iptal...
  8. XBox 1TB - Forza Bundle - XBOX Game Pass Code - Forza Code non existent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 1TB - Forza Bundle - XBOX Game Pass Code - Forza Code non existent: Hi , I bought XBOX ONEX 1TB with Forza Bundle from Costco. I was able to use the XBox Game Pass code for 2 weeks that came with the XBOX. However, I'm not able to find any code for Forza and I'm...
  9. Facing problems with game pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Facing problems with game pass subscription: I got a 3 month game pass on discount for around 1$ in may 2/2019, I didn't intend to continue on the 3 month offer after this one runs out, but now when I try to do one month it takes me to the...
  10. Using xbox 360 save data with xbox one game pass game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using xbox 360 save data with xbox one game pass game: I own Resident Evil 5 (and all of the DLC for it) on the xbox 360 and I uploaded my saved data for my profile from my xbox 360 to the cloud. I checked the save data on the cloud and it says In...