Xbox Game Pass on PC - client

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass on PC - client in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, im a former subscriber to xbox game pass for PC. I would really like to subscribe again - as i like the subscription model and i like the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ben_22, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM.

1. Ben_22
    Ben_22 Guest

Hi,

im a former subscriber to xbox game pass for PC.

I would really like to subscribe again - as i like the subscription model and i like the available games...

However, using the UWP as a delivery mechanism, is just horrendous... issues including (but not limited to)

• Non-responsive client
    • Regular "black screens" - which a restart sometimes fixes and sometimes doesn't
    • Intermittent not logging in automatically
    • Regularly fails to download a game... and if the download if not complete when you shutdown/restart - all progress is lost
    • When the UWP location is moved to a non-default drive - all sorts of whackiness with games not working/picking up the correct config files ensues....
    • Absurd folder structure which makes it exceedingly hard to modify .ini files (for example)... we're PC gamers.... not being able to configure basic mods is a pretty big downside to a PC platformed-gaming-system
    • Xbox is being utilised as a method to get people onto the latest versions of Windows 10 - this isnt an issue for me conceptually - but it frequently fails to recognise the newest version
      of W10.... e.g. going to W10 1909 (from 1903) on GA release day made the xbox app freak out
    • Updates frequently fail to download - making a game you are 1/2 or more of the way through unplayable.
    • Zero support. Like everything MS - sure its "supported" - but if you cant find help in the community forums, you're toast.... as official support is just completely useless
    So... with all that said.... is there any chance of getting a real, supportable xbox for PC client, which... well... works.... and allows PC players to be able to do the things they have been doing for the
    last 20+ years (such as copying out their save files, editing ini files, applying mods etc)?

Or is that simply never going to happen ?

:)

2. [Farscape] Win User

they won't change it, also some of the supposedly pc games on offer in gamepass are actually just xvd images of actual modified xbox one games made to run via pc.
  3. vasilisnikolo Win User

install client

thank you .So i don't need any client for microsoft store?If i buy form microsoft store can i play directly play the game to my pc?Should choose ''pc version''?Also i see a preinstall app ''xbox console companion'' do
    i need it?And the game pass is an alternative to steam?
  4. GhostRid3r2160 Win User

Xbox one

Unfortunately the steam client is pc only and will not work on xbox
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

XBOX game pass PC client - Language settings needed

Hello Stingray,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with the language settings. All games run off the language set on your PC. You can try changing the language on your PC to the one you use and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Stingray3461 Win User

XBOX game pass PC client - Language settings needed

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the response but I can confirm that my PC is installed with English and English only, the problem still persists with Forza so it must be something to do with language being set to the region where you abide. I have contacted support about this
    issue before and it seems to still not work properly, I have even attempted to change my location to the UK on my Microsoft account, but this did not work due to the billing process authentication and need it to be CZ.

All I am asking for is a solution to force all games to be English, maybe have a setting in the Game pass client where you can do this, especially in EU where many people may not necessarily speak the local language.

Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass on PC - client - Similar Threads - Game Pass client

2. What happens to Xbox live gold when upgrading to game pass ultimate?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to Xbox live gold when upgrading to game pass ultimate?: The official site says there is a “conversion ratio”, and there’s a 3:1 ratio chart for adding gold onto ultimate, but almost everyone I’ve talked to says it is 1:1 when upgrading to ultimate from...
  3. error with the purchase of xbox game pass ultimate for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    error with the purchase of xbox game pass ultimate for PC: I live in Paraguay and I understand that if it is available in my country and several of my friends already have the XboxGamePass for PC and I have already tried 5 times to try to buy the pass...
  4. Game pass ultimate conversion help

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass ultimate conversion help: Hello everyone, i want to buy 3 months of game pass ultimate for 1€ What happen if i already have 6 months of live gold and 3 months of PC game pass? Will i get 12 months of GPU?...
  5. Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass: I just bought a Game Pass package, but immediately realised that without Gold I couldn't play online. I went to the Game Pass option on my console and selected the Upgrade option to get the...
  6. Problem with game pass ultimate gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem with game pass ultimate gift card: Good evening. A week ago I received a gift that had a game pass ultimate gift card (1 month) inside. Today I've tried to redeem it and I get an error saying "This token has expired and cannot be...
  7. FPS problem with Ori and the will of the wisps GAME PASS PC version

in XBoX on Windows
    FPS problem with Ori and the will of the wisps GAME PASS PC version: As in the title i can't get more then 25fps circa in "Ori and the will of the wisps" no matter what i change in the the video option even at 720p i can get at most 25fps. The problem is that some...
  8. Wasteland 3 on Game Pass : Saved games from PC to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Wasteland 3 on Game Pass : Saved games from PC to Xbox: Hi; I downloaded Wasteland 3 via Game pass onto my laptop, and now I have downloaded this onto my Xbox one. But the saved games on PC does not seem be be saved into the cloud so that the Xbox...
  9. Games Not Loading On Xbox Game Pass App

in XBoX on Windows
    Games Not Loading On Xbox Game Pass App: I've recently built a pc and I was hoping to play Dead By Daylight through the Xbox Game Pass app as it was the game I've been playing on my Xbox the most. The problem I'm having is that whenever...
  10. XBOX game pass PC client - Language settings needed

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game pass PC client - Language settings needed: Ok here is the situation, I am currently living in the Czech Republic (Czechia) and I am using an XBOX game pass on my PC (with subscription). I have my residential address as the Czech Republic...