Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used. [img] Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ben125, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Ben125
    Ben125 Guest

Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used.

Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Ben125, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ben! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I understand your frustration as a fellow SSD user...

I've got a 2TB external drive I've been installing some larger games on through game pass - so rest assured it is possible. Try this if you haven't already;

Open the Xbox app (the new one, not companion), and open settings under your profile picture.

Then, from there you should see where the default location of games is installed to. Change this if it is on drive (C:). I also like to make XGP ask me every time where to install it, as I'll still install smaller games onto my HDD sometimes. Like you said in your post if Windows tries to override your default drive in settings, asking every time could work as it will ask right before it installs.

Hope this helps! If not, please let me know and I'll try help further.

Cheers
  3. AngelObullets Win User

internet external drive

This sounds like it's detecting the games from games pass is that from game pass that are installed on your external hard drive?.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

5. HassanB Win User

Issues with transferring data from Xbox 360 20GB HD to Xbox 360 Slim HD via computer.

Nope, you cannot transfer data from the 20GB drive to the Slim drive on the PC. This process can only be done on the Xbox 360. Please also remember not to format the storage devices on the PC as it will make your hard drives essentially paper weights by
    doing so. The Xbox 360 has a very specific formatted file system structure, if the console detects anything is changed it will either not read the hard drive or detect it as a USB which you won't be able to solve using any sort of tools provided by Microsoft.

The use of 3rd party tools on Microsoft Xbox 360 hard drives is a violation of the terms of use.
  6. itsNott Win User

Installation von Spielen auf alter Festplatte in neuem PC?[Installation of games on an old hard drive in a new PC?]

Hi Nott,

Thanks for the reply. This is a difficult one as the old hard drive has files from the entire system of the old PC. This could mean the error is system files, game files or any other ones. The game pass folder are not accessible as they are for games you
    technically do not own. As you get them through game pass. Is the old hard drive a secondary one or the primary? As the best thing would be to reformat the drive so it would match the new PC.

Thanks,

Brad
    It's not the primary hard drive, but I really don't want to reformat it as it has almost 2 TB of data on it (games, work files... - and everything except for these games works perfectly fine). I'd have to buy another external hard drive just to save my files.

Is it not possible to simply delete these files? By letting the Xbox app manually detect it or anything like that?
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. Issues Launching games on Xbox app with PC play pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues Launching games on Xbox app with PC play pass: Hello, I have just come back to play pass after not using it for a while. I spent last night installing a handful of games I wanted to play but now I cannot get any of them to launch. I installed...
  3. Installation on Xbox App PC (Game pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation on Xbox App PC (Game pass): So, as you do, i'm trying to install a game on the Xbox game pass app. When i click install, my external hard drive wont show up. I have installed games before on it, then uninstalled them after a...
  4. Game Pass App on Android Notification problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass App on Android Notification problem: Everytime I opena nd close my Game pass app on my phone (Samsung S20) I get the notifiction "Your childs account has been suspended. Click here to find out how this affects them". This has been...
  5. Cricket 19 Windows 10[XBox app on PC with Game Pass] - "failed to load match in progress,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cricket 19 Windows 10[XBox app on PC with Game Pass] - "failed to load match in progress,...: Hi, I'll keep it brief and I hope that someone can help: [img] This is causing me to have to restart every game if I exit mid-way through a session. I've tried everything; uninstalling,...
  6. Cannot Log Into Xbox Game Pass App or Microsoft App Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Log Into Xbox Game Pass App or Microsoft App Store: Running Win 10. I'm trying to log into my game pass app and nothing happens. It's like a dead link when I click the 'sign in' button. I'm logged into my account online though so I'm guessing it's...
  7. Downloading error on Xbox Game pass app

in XBoX on Windows
    Downloading error on Xbox Game pass app: Today I tried downloading a game from the Xbox game pass application Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition. It stopped downloading and then it showed me an error code "0xa3ea00ca" If anyone knows...
  8. Game pass Redeemed on xbox app not working on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass Redeemed on xbox app not working on my xbox: I redeemed a 3 month game pass ultimate gift card on the xbox app on my laptop because i didn't have access to my xbox last night. then about an hour ago i went to go play with some mates and it...
  9. Xbox PC app not showing correct game pass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC app not showing correct game pass subscription: I have game pass ultimate as it shows my subscription on the xbox browser but when i go to the xbox app to install a game on my desktop it says that i only have the pc game pass, I cannot install...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate Not Working On XBOX App On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate Not Working On XBOX App On PC: I purchased the xbox game pass ultimate, and downloaded the xbox app, but it says that I need to purchase it again, even though I know its on the correct account and I've already purchased it....