Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonesyTom, Jul 8, 2019.

1. JonesyTom
    JonesyTom Guest

I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer logged into my account, but I could continue to play the games. Today I wanted to download another game and
    I can't because I'm not logged in. If I try to log in, everything works fine until I finally click on "Play now" (Jetzt spiele in german, I don't know the exact name of the english button). After I click this, the App wents black and doesn't work anymore.

If I close it and reopen it, I'm not logged in. I've reinstalled the app - same problem. I've installed the "Xbox Identity Provider" - same problem.

I can't use the game pass anymore and I hope someone here has an idea...

Thanks a lot!

:)

JonesyTom, Jul 8, 2019
  2. JonesyTom Win User

Hi Leo,

no, I think you misunderstood my problem. The Xbox Game Pass App simply crashes everytime I log in. I choose my account, click on Ok and the whole App window wents black and doesn't respond anymore.

My windows is up to date and I know the forum thread you talked about. I installed the Xbox Identity Provider app as suggested in this thread but it still doesn't work.

I've also submitted a feedback via the Game Pass App about two weeks ago including a video with the error recorded. But I didn't get any response.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello JonesyTom,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We understand that you are unable to play your games on the Xbox (beta) App. We suggest making sure

Windows 10 is up to date
    . We have a forum thread that contains several different issues and solutions for the Xbox (beta)
    App. This particular situation is also covered in the thread. We recommend trying out the solutions in this thread, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - unable to download the games advertised

5. Horamon Win User

Can't Login at the Xbox (beta) App

I'm having the same problem. The suggestions at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/cant-login-to-xbox-beta-app-for-xbox-game-pass-pc/cd32e730-1c0f-4f72-850b-3ccd3688b580 didn't work for me either, cause the companion app keeps throwing an
    0x406 error.

What did work for me: As long as you're logged into Windows 10 with the same e-mail address as to which your game pass subscription is linked, you can use the Microsoft store app in Windows. Just search for the desired game, and if it's
    in the xbox game pass pc game list, it will be listed as 'owned' and you can install it. Note that special editions are often
    not included in the subscription.

So for now I recommend doing that and forgetting about the ridiculously bugged Xbox Game pass app.
  6. FreakRoach Win User

Minecraft

Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. Xbox App PC (Game pass Beta) Suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App PC (Game pass Beta) Suggestions: Enjoying this new service but in my time using it I have come up with a couple suggestions to make the app better. I will add to this as I continue to find quirks. Feel free to contribute your...
  3. Can't download Sea of Thieves on Xbox Game Pass App

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download Sea of Thieves on Xbox Game Pass App: Whenever i try to download Sea of Thieves i get Error with Code 0x8000000b. I can download every other Game just get that with Sea of Thieves. f9538b5e-4921-4e7d-b09b-13072a7fd81e
  4. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: I have aready hard reset my xbox, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The settings are instant on and remote downloads This is becoming so frustrating I have called support and that...
  5. Microsoft rewards quest for explore the Xbox game pass moble app not giving points?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft rewards quest for explore the Xbox game pass moble app not giving points?: So i tried to do the quest for the game pass app and its not letting me claim my points just wondering if im doing it wrong or some [Mod Removed - Profanity] 95154f52-bb5f-4069-a673-b42ed7ffbc0c
  6. The XBOX App Hasn't Realised I Bought the Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    The XBOX App Hasn't Realised I Bought the Game Pass: Hi there, Quite recently, my boyfriend and I bought the PC game pass. It works fine on his computer, and he's been playing a load of games. I've tried logging into my account on my computer, and...
  7. Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console: Using the current version of the app (released early June 2019), on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12, the app instantly quits when i tap on my console in settings to make it the default. I also tried this...
  8. Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?: Doing all this on Windows 10 build 1903. Since installing the beta Xbox app, it looks fine up until I sign in, at which point the app turns completely blank, just showing a dark gray screen with...
  9. File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App

in XBoX on Windows
    File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App: Hello. I was able to play one game successfully so far with the new Xbox beta Game Pass PC App. Every other game I've been able to install but when I try to launch and play them I get that File...
  10. Game pass app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app on PC: The game pass app on PC needs an agressive download option. The app downloads games around 20mbs while steam and all the other apps make full use of my bandwidth downloading near 100mbs....