Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonesyTom, Jul 8, 2019.

1. JonesyTom
    JonesyTom Guest

I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer logged into my account, but I could continue to play the games. Today I wanted to download another game and
    I can't because I'm not logged in. If I try to log in, everything works fine until I finally click on "Play now" (Jetzt spiele in german, I don't know the exact name of the english button). After I click this, the App wents black and doesn't work anymore.

If I close it and reopen it, I'm not logged in. I've reinstalled the app - same problem. I've installed the "Xbox Identity Provider" - same problem.

I can't use the game pass anymore and I hope someone here has an idea...

Thanks a lot!

:)

JonesyTom, Jul 8, 2019
  2. JonesyTom Win User

Hi Leo,

no, I think you misunderstood my problem. The Xbox Game Pass App simply crashes everytime I log in. I choose my account, click on Ok and the whole App window wents black and doesn't respond anymore.

My windows is up to date and I know the forum thread you talked about. I installed the Xbox Identity Provider app as suggested in this thread but it still doesn't work.

I've also submitted a feedback via the Game Pass App about two weeks ago including a video with the error recorded. But I didn't get any response.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello JonesyTom,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We understand that you are unable to play your games on the Xbox (beta) App. We suggest making sure

Windows 10 is up to date
    . We have a forum thread that contains several different issues and solutions for the Xbox (beta)
    App. This particular situation is also covered in the thread. We recommend trying out the solutions in this thread, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. nielubiebudyniu Win User

Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

HERE IS A WORKING SOLUTION TO Metro Exodus crashing in XBOX Game pass for PC. This worked for me 100% each time the game crashed, and after trying to uninstall it I got stuck with unplayable game, unremovable game files. I went through points 1-5. I managed
    to beat the game after several crashes and remove it recovering 60 GB disk space ;) .

So if anyone has issues with Metro Exodus crashing on PC/XBOX GAME PASS and is unable to sucessfully uninstall the game and free the disk space do this:

1. Uninstall XBOX Game Pass for PC APP
    2. go to your Windows 10 Update Menu and Press Update
    3. restart Windows
    4. Install Xbox game pass App again
    5. Open Xbox game pass App and Press Install Metro Exodus (it will not take long because the game is already there, just a tiny part of it will be brought back).
    This way the game should be playable again or , if you wish you may NOW finally unistall it and free your disk space.

This will not stop the ME from crashing but will make it playable und uninstallable :)

The tricky part is that when the game crashes and we want to uninstall it, some part of the Windows update is removed with it but not the game so the disk space cannot be freed nor game started untill you do the points 1-5 and get your Windows updated again.

This problem has been known for a few weeks now but no patch from XBOX so far.

I hope this will help :)
  5. IamJustinAaron Win User

Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

Hello If you can't install
    Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

• Check if you have the right Game Pass.
    • Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App.
    • Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903.
    • Admin privileges for Games.
    • Give Admin privileges for Games.
    • Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
    • Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work
    • Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live
    1. Go to Settings > Apps and then click on the Xbox App.
    2. Click on Advanced and then click on Reset or Repair
    3. Close the app, relaunch and check if you can install the Xbox Game Pass Games on Windows PC
    Microsoft has renamed the original Xbox App to Xbox Console Companion app to manage everything on Xbox. The new Xbox app is the primary destination for gamers to connect with their friends, browse for games, and experience Xbox Game Pass for PC.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - unable to download the games advertised

Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. Can't Remove Old Xbox One X from game pass app

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Remove Old Xbox One X from game pass app: This is a continuing issue. I have the game pass app on my phone and tablet, it still shows an xbox that I don't have anymore(gave it to a friend). The probloem is when I remotely download a game,...
  3. Game pass quests involving game pass app not working

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass quests involving game pass app not working: As title, the quests (both monthly on new style quests and monthly within app for downloading games from app) are not registering despite going above and beyond what needs to be done for...
  4. 0x80070057 Downloading / Playing Game Pass Games in the Microsoft Store / XBOX App (Beta)...

in XBoX on Windows
    0x80070057 Downloading / Playing Game Pass Games in the Microsoft Store / XBOX App (Beta)...: Hi, after the last update most of my game pass games stopped working. Only a few indie games still start without problems. I noticed first, that the shortlink images disappeared. If i start a...
  5. Visual bug in the app Xbox Game Pass Beta.

in XboX Insiders
    Visual bug in the app Xbox Game Pass Beta.: [IMG] Visual Bug Visual Bug in the last version submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  6. Downloading issue with Xbox Game Pass App PC

in XboX Insiders
    Downloading issue with Xbox Game Pass App PC: While trying to download Demon's Tilt, my internet went out for a couple seconds and now the download seems to be completely stuck. I can't pause the download or cancel it. I've tried pausing and...
  7. Xbox Game Pass Beta mobile app update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass Beta mobile app update: The beta app on mobile got updated with two new features: 1) See what's installed on your console, check available space and remotely uninstall things 2) We'll let you know when remotely...
  8. Newest Game Pass (Beta) App feature, delivers but is missing a little bit more...

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Game Pass (Beta) App feature, delivers but is missing a little bit more...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  9. Game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app: so i set it up as described to download games to my console but it never seems to work any ideas fellow xbox gamers 272c288c-ff0e-4372-bcaf-cade4a9704a8
  10. Problem with doing and Completeing the game pass quests in the Xbox insider hub app via...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with doing and Completeing the game pass quests in the Xbox insider hub app via...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd [link] [comments]