Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta) not detecting Mic (Audio Input Device)

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta) not detecting Mic (Audio Input Device) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For some reason, the Beta app, the Companion app or Game Bar app does not detect my microphone input. It seems to work find on Discord, Skype, Zoom,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RonnieC.1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. RonnieC.1
    RonnieC.1 Guest

For some reason, the Beta app, the Companion app or Game Bar app does not detect my microphone input. It seems to work find on Discord, Skype, Zoom, OBS, etc. There are no signs of any issues in my Control Panel and Settings either.

Funny enough, it did use to work previously, but there have been various updates and at the current moment, the Xbox apps do not detect any audio input device. Even testing the device in the settings renders no sound or volume to display on the meters. I've
    tried various things to try to resolve the matter but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

RonnieC.1, Apr 9, 2020
  2. RonnieC.1 Win User

Hey CptMorgnNoBeard,

I have tried this method as well and still no luck. I have the voice volume all the way up and still no sign of input. Like I said, aside from Xbox apps, my mic works as usual for other programs like Discord, Zoom, etc. Just not sure why the Xbox apps are
    not responding to it. =/
  3. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Hi There,

Have you checked your audio settings in the Xbox Game Pass Beta PC app? If you click on your profile image in the top right > Settings > Audio. I had an issue before where somehow the voice volume in the app was all the way down. Perhaps check that as well
    as that the correct devices are assigned within the app.
  4. JUICE 5150 Win User

No Audio

Thanks for the reply. I went to Settings >TV & One Guide>Devices>Audio Receiver Model ( input Denon AVR3808CI). Still no audio detected. Thoughts?
  5. SurlierSky Win User

HD AV Cable - Bad sound

The mic/line in on your PC may be one of several things:

A mono mic socket: This is too sensitive for the line outputs of the XBbox

A stereo mic socket: same as above

A combined line/mic socket. If it is, and you'll have to check the spec of your PC, there will be a software switch to fiddle with so that the card doesn't use the Mic (high sensitivity) setting for the socket. Look in the taskbar for a speaker icon and
    start there.

The output from the Xbox audio is a high-level signal which will distort when plugged into low-level mic sockets. Not all PC's have stereo line inputs, but many have mic only inputs.

A final option if you have an Optical input on your PC is to use the optical out from the back of the Xbox.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

HDMI Splitter with cable box and surround sound receiver

From Support:

Basic setup with an audio/video receiver

With an audio/video (A/V) receiver, the best and most direct option is to connect the devices sequentially:

1.Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.

2.Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to your A/V HDMI input.

3.Connect your A/V HDMI output to the HDMI input on your television.

Notes

•This option requires that all devices support audio over HDMI.

•Surround sound from your set-top box will not be passed through the Xbox One.

•When you perform this kind of basic setup with an A/V receiver, you’re passing both audio and video through another device. Depending on your equipment, there is a small risk of audio or video lag.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta) not detecting Mic (Audio Input Device) - Similar Threads - Game Pass Beta

2. Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store: Is anyone else experiencing a really laggy Xbox Game Pass App? I'm on Moto G7 Play with the latest updates as of June 5, 2020 and I don't know why it lags. The regular Xbox App works fine, but the...
  3. Login issues with Game Pass BETA

in XBoX on Windows
    Login issues with Game Pass BETA: I built a new rig, and got a free GamePass. And, I've never cancelled something free before - but I think I'm about to. None of the games ever login. This usually isn't a problem, as it didn't...
  4. Xbox Game pass beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game pass beta: Just bought the cheap game pass but everytime i go to install it at the install from game pass i get a red blocking icon and cant click install the money has been taken out and it says its active...
  5. Game Pass for PC (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC (beta): I have got an issue with my Gears 5 Save. I originally played a while back through the Microsoft Store, however, I was not able to carry on my subscription at the time. I then played the game on...
  6. Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app: [IMG] Xbox Companion is being Replaced by Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app is a Joke as the Xbox (Beta) app has Nothing the Xbox Companion does like Clubs, Console Control, Uploading Custom Pictures...
  7. Xbox Beta Game Pass for PC - Not signing in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta Game Pass for PC - Not signing in: I have had this issue since yesterday - ironically after a long standing issue with the origin client seemed to be resolved! I open the app and I am not signed in so click sign in but nothing...
  8. How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta): I was trying to download my first game (Ark) today and after 5 hours I was only at 20%. One thing I noticed is that I think it stops downloading when my screen goes to sleep so I changed my...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in: Title, I’ve tried everything under the sun that I can think of. Signing in, uninstalling and reinstalling then trying to sign in, using the sign in with other account button. I got nothing left to...
  10. Xbox Game pass for PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game pass for PC (Beta): Hello. I bought a Ryzen processor and got a coupon for a game pass. I installed a game pass xbox for PC and it was installed in a language I can't read (see picture). How can i change to...