Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro installed on separate hard drive on my iMac 27-inch 2019. There is a persistent problem with Xbox (Beta) app / Windows Store -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VecaisVaskis, Feb 17, 2020.

1. VecaisVaskis
    VecaisVaskis Guest

I have a Windows 10 Pro installed on separate hard drive on my iMac 27-inch 2019. There is a persistent problem with Xbox (Beta) app / Windows Store - whenever I try to install a game with "Administrator approval required for installation" there is an error
    0x8007001f

The following things I have tried and they do not help :

Restarting computer

Reinstalling XBox (Beta) app

Running Xbox (Beta) app as administrator

Updating Windows 10 / device drivers

Resetting iMac NVRAM and PRAM

Reinstalling Windows 10 on the same and also on the different hard drive

The games without "Administrator approval required for installation" do install fine.

On my Lenovo laptop the same Xbox Game Pass PC account works without any problems.

I and some others have posted the 0x8007001f error question here before, but we have got no definite solution for the problem so far:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_wowpc-xba_gowxb/installing-games-with-administrator-approval/309ead87-86b1-4f0e-9e1e-753033d27d5b

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-error-0x8007001f-when-installing/95efbc8f-794b-48b0-9521-ecde0de3bdc5

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-games-doesnt-work-on-pc/83dca102-097b-40e4-9ecb-ea8626b0990b

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/error-0x8007001f/e297908e-55b6-46a4-bda2-fcc116fb39f3

:)

VecaisVaskis, Feb 17, 2020
  2. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games initially

I have the same problem here. Every Xbox Game Pass for PC game with "Administrator approval required for installation" in the description fails to install with error code 0x8007001F The game download starts fine, but as soon it gets to the part where the
    installation should start - boom! - error 0x8007001F

The Windows 10 on my computer is up to date. All the device drivers are fine and up to date. The restarting of the computer, change of region settings, reinstalling Xbox Beta app, using Windows Store app instead, reinstalling of Windows 10 on different hard
    drive (and some other of the commonly available "fixes") - nothing helps. The problem persists. The problematic computer is Apple iMac 27-inch model March 2019 with Windows 10 installed on a separate hard drive. On my Lenovo laptop the same Xbox Game Pass
    PC account works without any problems.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
  4. VecaisVaskis Win User

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Zoraji,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your games installed unto your PC properly. I understand how discouraging this could be. If the previously posted troubleshooting steps have not helped to resolve the issue as of yet,
    then I suggest reviewing and trying the steps outlined in our support page entitled Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10.

When you get the chance, give those steps a shot and let us know if that helped.

Much thanks for reading!
  6. TheBabyDave Win User

I am having the exact same issue and have been trying to fix this for 6+ months. Maybe half of the games I have tried installing have worked, however everything I have tried to install in the last few months has gotten to 100% downloaded before giving me
    this error code. I have the latest version of windows, all updated drivers, have tried as admin, without antivirus, without Defender, have reset Microsoft store services through Powershell, uninstalled and re-installed the Xbox app, tried on different accounts,
    factory reset my PC, NONE of these or ANY other 'fixes' online have worked for me.

I have installed:

FH4

Goat Simulator

Halo Wars 1/2

Astroneer

Sea of Thieves

NO other games will install whatsoever, whether they're downloaded through the Xbox app or Microsoft Store.

Microsoft, please keep this thread alive, i'm about to send my head through a wall over this
    [Mod Removed Profanity].
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games - Similar Threads - Game Pass error

2. Xbox One Error: 0x803f800f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Error: 0x803f800f: I own Game Pass Ultimate, but I can't start Game Pass or Gold Live games. The subscription ends on 2020. april 28. It's on my account not a linked, homed account, i don't know what is the problem....
  3. 0x80073cf3 error on PC Game Pass while a try to install Dirt Rally 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80073cf3 error on PC Game Pass while a try to install Dirt Rally 2: Hi, The Xbox Pc App ask me to install "xbox companion" during the Dirt Rally 2 installation... But he requests me to change Hard Drive for C:\. So i do and it was fine. After i reset the...
  4. Game Pass: The Jack Box TV party pack 3 - installation error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass: The Jack Box TV party pack 3 - installation error: With us all been on lockdown myself and a few friends were going to facetime and play jackbox together.. i noticed party pack 3 was on game pass so thought it was a bargain to pay £10.99 to be...
  5. I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears: I can't install xbox game pass games on my pc because this error appears: 0x80070057 before it worked perfectly now almost all games appear this, I bought several months of game pass and several...
  6. Xbox Game Pass da un error, error 0x80248014[Translation-Xbox game pass gives an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass da un error, error 0x80248014[Translation-Xbox game pass gives an...: Buenas, recientemente he adquirido el Xbox Game Pass para PC y cuando me intento instalar un juego (en este caso es el ARK: Survival Evolved, pero he probado con otro y más de lo mismo) me daba el...
  7. When I try to launch Halo:MCC ox Xbox game pass PC I get a error massager

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to launch Halo:MCC ox Xbox game pass PC I get a error massager: I posted pic of the error below - [img] faacf77b-3a97-437f-b559-02a7f8a91507
  8. Error Code 0x87E0000F Every Time I Try To Download Game Pass Games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x87E0000F Every Time I Try To Download Game Pass Games.: For the 4 months I've had my 2 and a half year subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, it has not worked on my pc, AT ALL. Every time I try to download an Xbox Game Pass game for PC, it starts to...
  9. “Looks like you need to renew your Xbox game pass” error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “Looks like you need to renew your Xbox game pass” error: So I started getting this error today with Minecraft on my Xbox One X. I haven’t had game pass in months and I’ve owned Minecraft for years so I have no idea why this suddenly popped up. I read a...
  10. 0x80070015 Error install games on Xbox Game Pass due to "storage has been disconnected"

in XBoX on Windows
    0x80070015 Error install games on Xbox Game Pass due to "storage has been disconnected": This happens with EVERY single install, but my storage is not being disconnected. I have to reboot and it will resume for a little then error out again. 63f84fdb-3260-4d9c-a74a-7572ac720afa