Xbox Game Pass PC FH4 ánd FH5 progress possible to continue on Steam ?

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC FH4 ánd FH5 progress possible to continue on Steam ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; HI there. I have been enjoying FH5 and now heavily FH4 on PC via the Xbox Game Pass for PC a lot since the release of FH5 back in late 2021. Of course... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HL-Youri-NL, May 20, 2022.

1. HL-Youri-NL
    HL-Youri-NL Guest

HI there.

I have been enjoying FH5 and now heavily FH4 on PC via the Xbox Game Pass for PC a lot since the release of FH5 back in late 2021.
    Of course I have my own PC where I have the Xbox App installed.

This summer I'm going to be at my girlfriend's place where I can use her monster PC to play games as well (we're both gamers).
    She uses the Xbox app as well on her W10 PC. We once, when she was at my place, tried to log her into my Xbox app and that caused me to reinstall Windows, because all hér details were strangly enough taken to mý PC. In order to not let that happen on hér PC, I want to purchase FH4 so I can just logon Steam with my details.

And there's what worries me a bit. The question I have is as follows:

I have spent a lot of hours in both these games but especially FH4 since late April and I progressed a LOT in this game.
    If I buy the game on Steam, can I just continue with my progress and not start all over again ? I would really hate that tbh.

I don't need a walkthrough on how to get the Xbox W10 thing going, because we really don't want that.

I'd like to see an official reply on this, just so I'm fully sure this would work.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
    Youri

:)

HL-Youri-NL, May 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As per Forza Support:

Your save file which includes progress and in game items on Steam is completely unique and separate from any pre-existing save file that’s associated with your Xbox Live gamertag, due to technical limitations. This includes user generated content like liveries, layer groups, blue prints, etc... However, there are a few exceptions:

1. Leaderboards are one per gamertag. May the best profile win.

2. Clubs are one per gamertag. Join once, play anywhere.

3. Share codes can be used anywhere.

4. Backstage passes and Forzathon points are linked to the gamertag.

5. Gift messages that have already been redeemed on another platform with your gamertag are not resent to the Steam version.

For your reference, here's the link from Forza Support: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...
  3. Nursemorph Win User

I did not receive the Chevrolet with special camouflage and the 20th anniversary Porsche 918

Well, according to the FAQs from when Steam released FH4 (and presumably the same for FH5):

"Gift messages that have already been redeemed on another platform with your gamertag are not resent to the Steam version."
  4. Nursemorph Win User

[Forza Horizon] If I buy Forza Horizon 5 through steam, and have Forza Horizon 4 through the microsoft store, will I be able to sync my designs, tunes, etc, with my FH4 save?

Forza Horizon 5 does NOT have any announced or planned cross-progression from Forza Horizon 4. Aside from Forza Horizon 1 (which did had loyalty rewards for Forza Motorsport titles), there has never been cross-progression for Forza Horizon titles. You always had to start fresh with each game.
    The OP is not looking at game saves but importing tunes and designs which you can (until now at least) import from previous games...whether FH5 will allow that or not is a different matter, though I'd assume they would. Being able to import from MS Store FH4 to Steam FH5 is unlikely but not confirmed or denied
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Cheat engine on Surge 2 PC (Game pass for PC)

There is a possibility yes.

Many of the Xbox Game Pass PC games contain achievements, if it's found that you obtained these achievements by non-legitimate ways, then there is possibility of, at the very least a Gamerscore reset. Not a big deal perhaps for a PC only player, but continuous
    infractions would result in an account ban.

However, it's highly likely such a 'cheat engine' or 'trainer' won't work on the PC Game Pass version anyway. These kinds of third party cheat programs require direct access to the install location of the game. This would work with Steam, but it won't work
    for the Game Pass version as the install folder is locked and encrypted. You can't get full control even if you change the ownership of the folder.

In short, if you want to alter the way the game works, cheat, or otherwise modify the game, the Steam version is the one to play.
  6. PurpleC Win User

Ori and the Blind Forest: DE Xbox game pass saved file to steam

Yes, I know about steam version saved files! The problem is that I can't continue the game progress from xbox version to steam :/
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC FH4 ánd FH5 progress possible to continue on Steam ? - Similar Threads - Game Pass FH4

2. Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming: https://flexsub.shop/forget-xbox-series-x-restocks-xbox-game-pass-is-the-best-deal-in-gaming submitted by /u/amusedhearts [link] [comments]
  3. Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate: First gets submitted by /u/Crystalwhore9 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details: I would love to be able to look at a game in the store and know right away if is cross-plat or not and with what other platforms i can play with. Looking on google just to find out if the game...
  5. The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: I Diamond have many Ideas for Games that should be added to the Game Pass. And that one Game is a must be! Its called "Metal Gear Rising Revengeance". Its in hype. If this Game gets added to the...
  6. Some PC Game Pass games not working

in XboX Insiders
    Some PC Game Pass games not working: I'm from Indonesia and just recently entered into PC Game Pass insider program. I bought the three month trial and started to install some games. However, only some games worked. I already...
  7. Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...: I just tried to install the insider NARAKA preview and it wouldn't launch so I installed three other games and they won't run either. Already installed games work fine but all newly installed...
  8. Bought FH4 - Already downloaded on Game Pass - Site is asking me download again?

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought FH4 - Already downloaded on Game Pass - Site is asking me download again?: Simple question. My Game Pass runs out in 3 weeks so rather than continuing my membership and apparently only playing Forza Horizon 4 I decided to just buy the game. But it's asking me to download...
  9. FH4 PC saying my game pass subscription needs renewal

in XboX Insiders
    FH4 PC saying my game pass subscription needs renewal: I bought FH4 around Easter time played it for some time, just a few days ago I try to open the game and a box pops up stating "Renew Your subscription"(talking about game pass) I have never owned...
  10. cant use my dlc i have on FH4 from game pass on pc that i have on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    cant use my dlc i have on FH4 from game pass on pc that i have on xbox: my problem is in the game pass i downloaded fh4 and i got some dlc cars. i go into my garage and i can use them on my xbox but when i log onto my pc they are in my garage but it says i have to buy...